Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Quote Originally Posted by MH Stampede View Post
    Flacco isnt elite.

But IMO, he is a clear upgrade over what we had.
    I refuse to disagree with this.

I just hope you are right.

Two losing seasons in a row have hurt....(minus my capitals and blues winning stanley cups lol)

Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    stanley was below average like most of baltimore offense. he had Ogden early though. who knows he may look better with better pieces around him. who now only time can tell.
    Joe never had Ogden early, Ogden retired the year before Flacco was drafted. I met JO in the Las Vegas airport waiting for a flight. Ogden was still a Mountain of a man with huge hands that I shook. The only stable great lineman Joe had for more than a year was Yanda. Other than him, if a lineman was any good, he was offered more money to play elsewhere, Baltimore wouldn't match the offer, or spend much on Offense, the Defense got the biggest rice bowl.
    Months after the 2012 Superbowl win, the organization traded Joes number one receiver, Anquan Boldin to San Fran, Harbaughs brothers team, while Anquan was on vacation in Africa.
    I am anxious to see how well Flacco adapts to a new team whose organization respects the Offense. That will be virgin territory for Joe. I think he is in a good place in Denver.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    stanley was below average like most of baltimore offense.
    https://ravenswire.usatoday.com/2019...pass-blockers/

Ravens LT Ronnie Stanley among league's best pass blockers according to PFF

By: Nathan Beaucage | May 29, 2019 5:00 am ET

Per Pro Football Focus, Ravens left tackle Ronnie Stanley is among the gameís best pass blockers. According to the football analytics firm, Stanley is the second-best pass blocker in all of football. Allowing just 17 pressures on 577 pass-blocking snaps, Stanleyís 87.0 pass-blocking grade was third-best among all offensive tackles in 2018. His 6.6% pressure rate allowed in pure pass sets ranked sixth among offensive tackles last season. Stanleyís performance against the run wasnít anything to shake a stick at either, as Stanley also had one of the lowest percentages of negatively graded run blocks among offensive tackles last season.
    That's not below average.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

Quote Originally Posted by -Rod- View Post
    True. By all metrics, the Ravens have had some of the better pass blocking OL during the last decade

Quote Originally Posted by L.M. View Post
    And who knows what Muchak will do with Bolles. Lots of questions to answer yet, but I have high expectations from that coach.
    The coaching staff in general makes me much more optimistic.

I believe there may be a lot of untapped potential in our younger players and possibly even our vets.
    [

Quote Originally Posted by -Rod- View Post
    Flacco is more like Peyton 0.5 who throws for 20 TDs. And that's with a quality LT in Ronnie Stanley. Who knows what Flacco will be able to do with Bolles at LT.
    You might be right. His #ís havenít been very impressive the last few years, of course neither have his receiving options. That was part of Keenumís problem last year. His receiving options were average at best once Sanders went down.

Quote Originally Posted by Taos_Broncomaniac View Post
    The coaching staff in general makes me much more optimistic.

I believe there may be a lot of untapped potential in our younger players and possibly even our vets.
    This^^^^^.
    ďNever argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.Ē

― Mark Twain

Iím just happy we donít have a garbage head coach I think. I only root for this team until playoffs then I root against teams. After the last couple years Iím not expecting anything which means every win will make me happy

Quote Originally Posted by $Broncos$ View Post
    Iím just happy we donít have a garbage head coach I think. I only root for this team until playoffs then I root against teams. After the last couple years Iím not expecting anything which means every win will make me happy
    The broncos will be 10-6 or better you just wait and see!

Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    True. By all metrics, the Ravens have had some of the better pass blocking OL during the last decade

Lol. Tell that to Flaccos acl mcl injury. His backup left tackle, James Hurst, who was manhandled on a regular basis, was shoved into him, rolling up on his knees, causing the torn ligaments.

After the injury, he handed off for two plays, hobbled off, and Justin tucker kicked the winning field goal over the Rams.

This is one tough hombre.

This was in 2015, and yeah his stats suffered while he missed the rest of the year. 2016, he wore a leg brace all year, which was a little awkward wouldn't you agree, for a quarterback. 2017,he had a back injury lifting weights and missed all of training camp. and yeah, his stats suffered.
    He doesn't like coming out of a game, and deals with pain his own way. Playing the Steelers and the cheap shot Bengals twice a year will cause a little discomfort. But he is the anti Brady, Brady who looks for a flag if the air molecules get disturbed anywhere near his knees. Flacco is on record that he feels defensive players are too often penalized for making good plays on qbs. That's probably why Von Miller said nice things about him.

That's Joe Flacco. and yeah, I will defend him from critics who base their assumptions on numbers. He is a baller. Member in good standing of Terrell Suggs Ball So Hard University
    Last edited by crabcruncher; 07-07-2019 at 10:30 AM.