Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DwhitetheGamer View Post
    When was the last time hiring an old face to coach or manage a team ever work out well? Most of the time they blow up and are complete disasters.

You still have to pay Spider 2 Y Banana guy for another eight years, you also have Oakland's old O-Coordinator where you had one of the worst offenses in 2013 and 2014, plus you brought Tom Cable, the guy who's line schematics single-handedly destroyed many a player in Seattle. Ask Russel Wilson how he "Taught" the linemen to have him run for his life every pass play. And on top of it you have a D-Coordinator from the Bungles.

Antonio Brown may be an incredible talent, but that's all you have.
    Joe Gibbs came back after a long hiatus and took the Indigenous Peoples to the playoffs twice. Richard Vermeil came back after an even longer hiatus. So while not common, it has happened.

No comment on Tom Cable. He's a better head coach than O-line coach & he sucks as a head coach.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilSpawn View Post
    Joe Gibbs came back after a long hiatus and took the Indigenous Peoples to the playoffs twice. Richard Vermeil came back after an even longer hiatus. So while not common, it has happened.

No comment on Tom Cable. He's a better head coach than O-line coach & he sucks as a head coach.
    Itís kind of hard to ignore what Vermiel did in 1999 but thereís a huge difference between he and Gruden right now and the reason I say this is based on Grudens performance last season.

I think Gruden became way too comfortable in the booth and forgot some important fundamentals.

You guys shouldíve persued Coach Shanahan senior, guy eats, craps, and sleeps football and hasnít lost a beat. Iíve seen him around centennial at certain events and according to guys like Brandon Stokley and Mark Schlereth, Shanny is constantly studying film and breaking teams down.

Im just surprised he hasnít gotten any type of NFL job as of yet but perhaps that is because heís waiting for Brittany to take the lead role which will greatly tick off Joe Eliss When the time comes but thatís another story altogether.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Itís kind of hard to ignore what Vermiel did in 1999 but thereís a huge difference between he and Gruden right now and the reason I say this is based on Grudens performance last season.

I think Gruden became way too comfortable in the booth and forgot some important fundamentals.
    Vermeil went 5-11 and 4-12 his first two years with the Rams. Sometimes it takes time.

"A great deal" is a bit exaggerated but that is the theme of this thread.

And I definitely don't see you guys winning opening night. I'm calling 34-20.
    exaggerations? how can I saying we should have beaten them in the first game a 27-23- loss when the broncos were on the KC 28 yard line, with 22 seconds left and kc left DT completely uncovered running sideline where keenum completely overthrew him near the goal line, yes we know DT could have dropped it, but that should have been a walk in score for the win

I see us making the raiders wish they took a qb in the first round, with a 27-17 win

Funny that this prediction was edited. So did you put the pipe down or take another puff?

I'll raise you. I say we win 59-14.
    lol! i didn't edit any of my words silly...

this smack stuff is fun though, so i will raise it a notch now...

both von & chubb will have 5 sacks each

Vermeil went 5-11 and 4-12 his first two years with the Rams. Sometimes it takes time.
    A lot of it had to do with Kurt Warnerís sudden emergence.

Could you see that same type of emergence from Derek Carr in the near future?

Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    exaggerations? how can I saying we should have beaten them in the first game a 27-23- loss when the broncos were on the KC 28 yard line, with 22 seconds left and kc left DT completely uncovered running sideline where keenum completely overthrew him near the goal line, yes we know DT could have dropped it, but that should have been a walk in score for the win

I see us making the raiders wish they took a qb in the first round, with a 27-17 win
    I say it's an exaggeration because while Denver did improve, I don't think it's by a great deal. That would mean an 11-5 or better record, in my eyes. I see a 9-7 ceiling but we'll see and discuss as the year goes on.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    A lot of it had to do with Kurt Warner’s sudden emergence.

Could you see that same type of emergence from Derek Carr in the near future?
    He showed what he could do in 2016 before he got hurt. My problem with him is his lack of throwing it down field along with his check down love affair. But he could still get back to his 2016 form, though this should be the last year to prove it. Having a top 3 receiver and a potential stud in Tyrell Williams should help.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
    lol! i didn't edit any of my words silly...

this smack stuff is fun though, so i will raise it a notch now...

both von & chubb will have 5 sacks each
    I have an idea. A CP bet between you and I. Let's let the preseason take shape and then the week before the game, you and I make an outrageous prediction and if one of us hits it on the nail, we win the bet. Outrageous as in record breaking or downright silly, like Carr throwing 6 INTs or 6 TDs.

Whaddya say?

Funny that this prediction was edited. So did you put the pipe down or take another puff?

I'll raise you. I say we win 59-14.
    I'll say 24-14 Denver, oh no wait, that's the head to head record since 2000. But I guess when you've only had 1 winning season in 16 you're likely to be on the losing side of a lot of rivalry games. Based on that I'll change my prediction to 13-3, oh no wait, that's also Raiders related, it's the number of losing seasons v winning or even records they've had over those 16 seasons.

I'm not sure if it's funny or sad that Hue Jackson is the winningest coach in recent Raiders history. Maybe they'll give him a 10 year contract once they fire Gruden?

I say it's an exaggeration because while Denver did improve, I don't think it's by a great deal. That would mean an 11-5 or better record, in my eyes. I see a 9-7 ceiling but we'll see and discuss as the year goes on.
    Denver last year with Vance Joseph won 3 in a row, including a road win vs The LA Chargers. That put us at 6-6. We lost Chris Harris our best defensive back and Emmanuel Sanders are best receiver and went on to lose 4 in a row to end the season. We donít lose those guys i bet we at least go 2-2. We now have much better coaching across the board, and a proven Qb. Yeah you heard me right a guy who has won in the regular season and the postseason. In the AFC West he is the most accomplished Qb. And donít forget if Lee Evans holds on to a ball in the afc Championship game Flacco probably has two rings.
    Iím not completely sold on Scangerello but on the defensive side of the ball Denver has the ability to be a top 5 defense again.

Canít wait til opening night
    Broncos roll 27-17!

Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    we should have beat them last year in the first meeting, if keenum didn't choke and miss a uncovered DT for a walk in TD...that said the chiefs took a step back the broncos improved a great deal

im calling at least one win over the chiefs and bolts and a sweep of the lowly raiders
    I like your forecast. With all the new Bronco changes over the past year I think there will be many week to week positive surprises but also most likely a stumble or two. We may even win both against the sparklers. I really think it's very possible.

I believe all this team newness will create excellent game plans and some quality coaching that will spark the players to excel at peak performance. And, no overwhelming injuries.

That's my Fearless Forecast and I truly think Elway and company will make it happen. Get it done for Mr. Bowlen.
    Utah Bronco Freak

I have an idea. A CP bet between you and I. Let's let the preseason take shape and then the week before the game, you and I make an outrageous prediction and if one of us hits it on the nail, we win the bet. Outrageous as in record breaking or downright silly, like Carr throwing 6 INTs or 6 TDs.

Whaddya say?
    sounds good to me...

we shall talk later

He showed what he could do in 2016 before he got hurt. My problem with him is his lack of throwing it down field along with his check down love affair. But he could still get back to his 2016 form, though this should be the last year to prove it. Having a top 3 receiver and a potential stud in Tyrell Williams should help.
    My good friend is an avid Raiders fan, He and i were talking about Carr. I honestly really liked him before the injury. I think he is terrified of that leg tbh. My buddy does too, anytime a guy gets in the backfield he either checks it or chucks it out of bounds.
    GO BRONCOS AFC Champs!!!

Quote Originally Posted by duhyaj View Post
    My good friend is an avid Raiders fan, He and i were talking about Carr. I honestly really liked him before the injury. I think he is terrified of that leg tbh. My buddy does too, anytime a guy gets in the backfield he either checks it or chucks it out of bounds.
    Tom Cable should help fix that.