Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    The only historical embarrassing moment I remember as a Bronco fan losing to the raiders was on Thursday night football back in 02 or 03 when Rich Ganon played a perfect game completing every pass.

Yes that was a huge embarrassment and I couldn’t had been more upset with the broncos but not so much the team as I was with the coaching staff but then I realized that even the greatest coaches have their down moments.

Still not sure how Shanahan had the team so under prepared but hey it just goes to show that any ole crazy scenario can happen, I mean rich ganon-dork played a perfect game!

Anyway, the two teams have met each other 119 times (including 2 postseason games), with the Denver Broncos winning 53 games and the Oakland Raiders winning 64 games. They have also tied 2 times.

The raiders have owned the Denver Broncos way back in the 60’s, 70’s, and 80’s but since then, the tables have somewhat turned and the stats proves such for the simple fact that Oakland owned denver for three decades yet the winning percentage is only separated by 11 wins.

I myself really don’t care who’s owned who in the past because right now both teams are pretty much even in the series, super bowl victories as well however I feel Denver will win another Lombardi before Oakland does, even with Gruden!
    What is the state of ownership? Bowlen's consistency will be a hard act to follow, the same as Al Davis in his prime.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilSpawn View Post
    What is the state of ownership? Bowlen's consistency will be a hard act to follow, the same as Al Davis in his prime.
    I canít at this say that Mark Davis has done such a great job when considering that the team is having to relocate to Las Vegas when theyíve had such a strong fandom in the Oakland area.

He shouldíve found a way to keep his team there. I know Oakland is the definition of ghetto America but itís still the raiders home.

Also considering how much he agreed to pay Gruden doesnít look like such a great decision at this time. Yes Gruden can go on to win another super bowl or two (donít think itís going to happen) but even then I feel Davis will have paid to much.

As for the Broncos, Joe Eliss, wether you love him or hate him, he is honoring Pat Bowlens wishes by grooming Brittany Bowlen to take over in the not so distant future.

I canít say at this time what type of owner sheíll be but I do have faith that sheíll have plenty of help from her family who all seem to be very well educated in law and business.

At this time I can say with confidence that think the broncos will be fine under her ownership (especially if Elway sticks around) but I really canít say the same for Davis considering whatís happening with the raiders move and Jon Gruden being grossly over paid at this point in time.

However I do agree that both teams previous owner will in fact be a hard act to follow and if not for either men, neither team may have had the rich history that they have now. That could all change but hopefully not. I am a big bronco fan but Iím also an NFL fan and itís so much sweeter to win when the competition is as tough!
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 07-21-2019 at 03:04 PM.

That was in Denver with Payton Manning. Not as embarrassing as in Denver with the almighty Jason Campbell.

And it was only 3 quarters. Can't claim to be a daddy when you can't top that with one of top 5 QBs of all time.

Edit: And that was a late 47. Not nearly as embarrassing as 59 with a whole quarter to go.
    Sure! That was embarrassing!
    How was:
    2011 Denver at Oakland 38-24 ( you lost to Tebow lol!!!!)
    2012 Denver at Oakland 37-6
    2013 Denver at Oakland 34-14
    2014 Denver at Oakland 41-17
    2015 Denver at Oakland 15-12

Lol you beat Josh McDaniels in 2010 great job the guy was trash just like Vance Joseph!!!
    That was a 4-12 team but if thatís your SB good for you, ours was Super Bowl 50
    Last edited by 58Miller; 07-21-2019 at 07:23 PM.

Haha well even if I included his most recent body being the last 5 years, I'll have him 19th, moving Andy Dalton back three paces.

Actually he could be anywhere behind, in front of or between this cluster. More so behind or between.

20) Matthew Stafford, Detroit Lions – 79 Overall
    19) Marcus Mariota – Tennessee Titans, 79 Overall
    18) Andy Dalton, Cincinnati Bengals – 80 Overall
    17) Derek Carr, Oakland Raiders &#k8211; 80 Overall
    16) Dak Prescott, Dallas Cowboys – 81 Overall
    15) Kirk Cousins, Minnesota Vikings – 81 Overall
    Bet he beats the Raiders this year 🤗

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    The offseason couldn’t come to a close soon enough.

I’ve been going to the Broncos training facility the last few days to get an up close and personal look.

CHJ has been working against Courtland Sutton quite often while Desean Hamilton is working against Bryce Callahan.

The defense has been dominat but that is a good thing when it comes to getting our young wide receivers better accustomed to the NFL level. They are going against some really good and dominant players and that will go a long way in their development.

So now I’m a hypocrite for saying Denver wins two more games if Sanders and CHJ were healthy? Ya that could be considered an injury excuse but no where on the level that you are or have used it.

Again, every NFL team, every year experiences critical injuries however there are teams that always make the playoffs and two that always make it to the super bowl, however your chargers have had big talent for years and suffered injuries like everyone else yet you guys still don’t understand how to pull together and rebound.

Am I really a hypocrite? No and no near the level of the excuse making hypocrite that you are.
    ive literally never said the chargers would have won more games (like you and 58miller did) if they didn't endure the underrepresented injuries they had between 2014-2016. all i said was that was their biggest issue (and not lack of talent like so many of you tried to imply), combined with poor OL play. you all pretended like i was using that as as excuse because i said that was their biggest issue. you all wanted to think they just sucked and lacked talent, but i knew better of course.

the chargers don't know how to pull together and rebound? isn't that what they have been doing all of rivers' career? they started 0-4 in 2017 and barely missed the playoffs.......they have been doing stuff like that for years. the chargers team is extremely close, they have great chemistry, and are well coached. they did have a huge hiccup against the pats where their weaknesses on defense were exploited, as well as their weakness along the OL.

the chargers were decimated at LB, not one of their starting LB'ers from that game will be starting week 1 of this season. but hey, i guess that's just another "injury excuse" because i'm talking about the chargers, right?

that loss to the pats doesn't define them as a team, you are going to learn that pretty quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    Bet he beats the Raiders this year ��
    if he does it will be because of great defense and a potent running game. flacco isn't beating anybody with his arm, if it comes down to flacco beating a team, you are sure to lose.

all i have to say is football godz help you if you go down by multiple TD's late in a game, those games will be brutally ugly and funny

Sure! That was embarrassing!
    How was:
    2011 Denver at Oakland 38-24 ( you lost to Tebow lol!!!!)
    2012 Denver at Oakland 37-6
    2013 Denver at Oakland 34-14
    2014 Denver at Oakland 41-17
    2015 Denver at Oakland 15-12
    Still not nearly as embarrassing as 59 with a whole quarter to go. There aren't enough exclamation points to erase that from the record books.

By the way, Tim Tebow had a winning record as the Broncos QB and he won a playoff game. He also had a 6 game winning streak in his career. JaMarcus Russell had two winning streaks in his career: the last two games of 2008 and in Denver.

Lol you beat Josh McDaniels in 2010 great job the guy was trash just like Vance Joseph!!!
    That was a 4-12 team but if thatís your SB good for you, ours was Super Bowl 50
    Oh so now we're yelling excuses? Who cares if you were 4-12 or that your coaches were Josh and Vance. Tom Cable isn't even a good o-line coach but somehow he's 4-1 against Denver with wins you should be ashamed of. Both JaMarcus teams were 5-11. I wish I could make excuses for them adding to our overall ownership of you but I can't.

That's why it's a called a rivalry. Finding a way to get out of your own way to make your way with your opponent. And this is why your daddy line is irrelevant. Our bad teams make you look silly. You can yell you want but it's the truth. And coming up Week 1, we'll get our 4th straight win vs. Denver in Oakland. Get your excuses ready.

Still not nearly as embarrassing as 59 with a whole quarter to go. There aren't enough exclamation points to erase that from the record books.

By the way, Tim Tebow had a winning record as the Broncos QB and he won a playoff game. He also had a 6 game winning streak in his career. JaMarcus Russell had two winning streaks in his career: the last two games of 2008 and in Denver.

Oh so now we're yelling excuses? Who cares if you were 4-12 or that your coaches were Josh and Vance. Tom Cable isn't even a good o-line coach but somehow he's 4-1 against Denver with wins you should be ashamed of. Both JaMarcus teams were 5-11. I wish I could make excuses for them adding to our overall ownership of you but I can't.

That's why it's a called a rivalry. Finding a way to get out of your own way to make your way with your opponent. And this is why your daddy line is irrelevant. Our bad teams make you look silly. You can yell you want but it's the truth. And coming up Week 1, we'll get our 4th straight win vs. Denver in Oakland. Get your excuses ready.
    No excuses at all beating McDaniels is like beating Joseph!!! Two legends of the game 👍
    Like i said that win was your regular season super bowl, you and baphs got that in common. That is being satisfied withregular season wins, Denver has smoked Oakland multiple times ( not once) and have also beat the Goat Brady 3 out of 4 times ( Brady was able to beat your boy Tebow some way , some how 😏😊😊&#128522
    Raider fan reminds me of the drunk guy in the bar making threats and then he falls out of the bar stool, jumps up acting like somebody pushed him!!!!! As long as your team is still going to Vegas and has Mark Davis running things your franchise is a joke!

And thatís sad because all smack aside I always viewed the Raider as one of the great franchises in the NFL, seems like that ended with AL and I donít mean when he passed but when he still has his senses.
    R.I.P. Raider Nation😏

Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    so you would take joe flacco over phil rivers?
    Yes, with conditions. If the Broncos and the Chargers made the playoffs in 2019, going against somewhat equal opponents in the first round, I would wager Flacco would have an edge to win their game compared to the Chargers chances of winning their game due to historical winning experience. Chargers none, Ravens SB win + more. Proven chokers vs. proven winners! Hello!
    Utah Bronco Freak

No excuses at all beating McDaniels is like beating Joseph!!! Two legends of the game ��
    A sarcastic excuse. Love it. One day I'll make a Dennis Allen one. I have to give you credit though. You find multiple ways to cry about who your coaches were and what your record was. Still doesn't erase the facts.

Besides, you had better records and were headed for the playoffs before JaMarcus put an end to that twice. But I don't want to make any excuses.

Like i said that win was your regular season super bowl, you and baphs got that in common. That is being satisfied withregular season wins, Denver has smoked Oakland multiple times ( not once)
    Yet I'm the only one satisfied with regular season wins, but go on....

and have also beat the Goat Brady 3 out of 4 times ( Brady was able to beat your boy Tebow some way , some how ��������)
    What does that have to do with... never mind.

Raider fan reminds me of the drunk guy in the bar making threats and then he falls out of the bar stool, jumps up acting like somebody pushed him!!!!! As long as your team is still going to Vegas and has Mark Davis running things your franchise is a joke!

And that’s sad because all smack aside I always viewed the Raider as one of the great franchises in the NFL, seems like that ended with AL and I don’t mean when he passed but when he still has his senses.
    R.I.P. Raider Nation��
    I agree with people who say they should stay in Oakland, but it's not that simple. Mark Davis gave the city plenty of chances to come up with a stadium plan in the area and the city failed. It's probably why they're losing the Warriors too. The city also signed a 10-year lease with the Athletics to play in the O.co Coliseum. That virtually crippled the Raiders chances to get a new stadium because there was no other area in Oakland where they could've built a new Raiders stadium without compromising land, property, ect. The best option was to tear O.co down and build it there but the lease with the A's took that away. The other stadium plans after that were a joke.

As for Al Davis, yeah he went crazy. Put his chips on the table and took out loans to buy more chips. But he had it in 2002 and got in his own way. Probably would've won a few.

As for Mark Davis, his contract to Gruden aside, he's done a pretty good job for the Raiders business. Their value has risen I believe every year in the last three years. When they move to Vegas, that stadium and everything else that comes with the move will shoot them way up the ladder. Do I like that? Yes and no. I say they should stay in Oakland. But as a business move, it's a great one.

And yes despite the smack I talk on the Broncos, I also respect them and view them the same way you do about the Raiders. It's why it's so much fun when we embarrass or make history against them. Why? Because you're our biggest rival. It's in all the polls. There's a Raider Week. The epic wins against Denver occasionally make me forget how bad we are, like the last time we played.

https://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/20181...roncos@raiders

^^^ Be careful. That's a regular season win. I just learned we're not to talk about those around here.

A sarcastic excuse. Love it. One day I'll make a Dennis Allen one. I have to give you credit though. You find multiple ways to cry about who your coaches were and what your record was. Still doesn't erase the facts.

Besides, you had better records and were headed for the playoffs before JaMarcus put an end to that twice. But I don't want to make any excuses.

Yet I'm the only one satisfied with regular season wins, but go on....

What does that have to do with... never mind.

I agree with people who say they should stay in Oakland, but it's not that simple. Mark Davis gave the city plenty of chances to come up with a stadium plan in the area and the city failed. It's probably why they're losing the Warriors too. The city also signed a 10-year lease with the Athletics to play in the O.co Coliseum. That virtually crippled the Raiders chances to get a new stadium because there was no other area in Oakland where they could've built a new Raiders stadium without compromising land, property, ect. The best option was to tear O.co down and build it there but the lease with the A's took that away. The other stadium plans after that were a joke.

As for Al Davis, yeah he went crazy. Put his chips on the table and took out loans to buy more chips. But he had it in 2002 and got in his own way. Probably would've won a few.

As for Mark Davis, his contract to Gruden aside, he's done a pretty good job for the Raiders business. Their value has risen I believe every year in the last three years. When they move to Vegas, that stadium and everything else that comes with the move will shoot them way up the ladder. Do I like that? Yes and no. I say they should stay in Oakland. But as a business move, it's a great one.

And yes despite the smack I talk on the Broncos, I also respect them and view them the same way you do about the Raiders. It's why it's so much fun when we embarrass or make history against them. Why? Because you're our biggest rival. It's in all the polls. There's a Raider Week. The epic wins against Denver occasionally make me forget how bad we are, like the last time we played.

https://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/20181...roncos@raiders

^^^ Be careful. That's a regular season win. I just learned we're not to talk about those around here.
    You brag about 59-14 beatdowns on a Josh McDaniels 4-12 team and i bring up Division titles, and Superbowl wins. We all have our opinions on success. Iím a homer and think out dominance over the Raiders since 95 is impressive. Canít wait til week one!!!

Smack and rivalries aside your a class act and a great rival fan D.S. Enjoy the back and forth and unlike Chef and LA soccer stadium fans your squad has the resume to challenge Denver as the kings of the afc west
    Last edited by 58Miller; 07-22-2019 at 07:15 PM.

You brag about 59-14 beatdowns on a Josh McDaniels 4-12 team and i bring up Division titles, and Superbowl wins. We all have our opinions on success. I’m a homer and think out dominance over the Raiders since 95 is impressive. Can’t wait til week one!!!

Smack and rivalries aside your a class act and a great rival fan D.S. Enjoy the back and forth and unlike Chef and LA soccer stadium fans your squad has the resume to challenge Denver as the kings of the afc west
    Same here dude. You're fun to go toe to toe with. It's all fun and games.