Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyBrady12 View Post
    I did, which seemed to fly right by you...
    Hey Tommy's back. I am so happy that he feels the need to join us each and every year. I can picture him this way.....

Quote Originally Posted by DevilSpawn View Post
    I have an idea. A CP bet between you and I. Let's let the preseason take shape and then the week before the game, you and I make an outrageous prediction and if one of us hits it on the nail, we win the bet. Outrageous as in record breaking or downright silly, like Carr throwing 6 INTs or 6 TDs.

Whaddya say?

Iíd be down with this too if you are...
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Broncos: Garett Bolles

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    Hey Tommy's back. I am so happy that he feels the need to join us each and every year. I can picture him this way.....

Lloyd Christmas wearing a mask!

Are you saying baph, I mean Lloyd is one of the many alternates?

Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    Denver last year with Vance Joseph won 3 in a row, including a road win vs The LA Chargers. That put us at 6-6. We lost Chris Harris our best defensive back and Emmanuel Sanders are best receiver and went on to lose 4 in a row to end the season. We donít lose those guys i bet we at least go 2-2. We now have much better coaching across the board, and a proven Qb. Yeah you heard me right a guy who has won in the regular season and the postseason. In the AFC West he is the most accomplished Qb. And donít forget if Lee Evans holds on to a ball in the afc Championship game Flacco probably has two rings.
    Iím not completely sold on Scangerello but on the defensive side of the ball Denver has the ability to be a top 5 defense again.

Canít wait til opening night
    Broncos roll 27-17!
    Flacco has not led a team back to the playoffs since 2014. Talking about his career from 2008 to 2014 is a losing argument. The NFL is a what have you done for me lately league, and lately Flacco has been a failure. He may have accomplished more earlier in his career than Mahomes, Rivers, or Carr, but right now in 2019 he is the #4 quarterback in this division.

Denver last year with Vance Joseph won 3 in a row, including a road win vs The LA Chargers. That put us at 6-6. We lost Chris Harris our best defensive back and Emmanuel Sanders are best receiver and went on to lose 4 in a row to end the season. We donít lose those guys i bet we at least go 2-2. We now have much better coaching across the board, and a proven Qb. Yeah you heard me right a guy who has won in the regular season and the postseason. In the AFC West he is the most accomplished Qb. And donít forget if Lee Evans holds on to a ball in the afc Championship game Flacco probably has two rings.
    Iím not completely sold on Scangerello but on the defensive side of the ball Denver has the ability to be a top 5 defense again.

Canít wait til opening night
    Broncos roll 27-17!

you lose two players and want to have this "what if" opinion but when i mention far more injuries to the chargers in 2016 that's just excuse making and every team has injuries.......

oh and flacco is the most accomplished piece of crap, sorry excuse for a QB that's in the NFL........worse than eli manning in that regard and that's saying something!

Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post

you lose two players and want to have this "what if" opinion but when i mention far more injuries to the chargers in 2016 that's just excuse making and every team has injuries.......

oh and flacco is the most accomplished piece of crap, sorry excuse for a QB that's in the NFL........worse than eli manning in that regard and that's saying something!
    Really! What's worse. The most accomplished piece of crap or the most "unaccomplished choker" in the NFL, like Phyllis Rivers! That's a tough one but I think I'll take an accomplished somebody over an unaccomplished nobody any day of the week.
    Utah Bronco Freak

Quote Originally Posted by jazzbodog View Post
    Really! What's worse. The most accomplished piece of crap or the most "unaccomplished choker" in the NFL, like Phyllis Rivers! That's a tough one but I think I'll take an accomplished somebody over an unaccomplished nobody any day of the week.
    so you would take joe flacco over phil rivers?

Quote Originally Posted by bears6385 View Post
    Flacco has not led a team back to the playoffs since 2014. Talking about his career from 2008 to 2014 is a losing argument. The NFL is a what have you done for me lately league, and lately Flacco has been a failure. He may have accomplished more earlier in his career than Mahomes, Rivers, or Carr, but right now in 2019 he is the #4 quarterback in this division.
    Carr over Flacco? Interesting. I'll bet most people feel that way. Not true, but I'm sure it's a thing. The Ravens might've forced Jackson on Harbaugh, and had some of that Tebow/Vince Young success, but I'd be willing to bet Gruden isn't crazy about Carr either. They didn't draft a QB this year, but they had to rebuild the roster anyway. I think he's playing the long game, and waiting for next year's draft.

Who would you rather have for one game right now, Flacco or Trubisky? Taking injury history, roster, and scheme out of the equation. One game to win, which one would you rather have and why? I have a feeling I know what your reason will be, I'm just curious.

Denver last year with Vance Joseph won 3 in a row, including a road win vs The LA Chargers. That put us at 6-6. We lost Chris Harris our best defensive back and Emmanuel Sanders are best receiver and went on to lose 4 in a row to end the season. We don’t lose those guys i bet we at least go 2-2. We now have much better coaching across the board, and a proven Qb. Yeah you heard me right a guy who has won in the regular season and the postseason. In the AFC West he is the most accomplished Qb. And don’t forget if Lee Evans holds on to a ball in the afc Championship game Flacco probably has two rings.
    I’m not completely sold on Scangerello but on the defensive side of the ball Denver has the ability to be a top 5 defense again.

Can’t wait til opening night
    Broncos roll 27-17!
    And if it weren't for Rahim Moore, Flacco would have 0 rings.

So Broncos fans, have you thanked Rahim Moore yet? He's partially responsible for the hope you have behind center this season.

And if it weren't for Rahim Moore, Flacco would have 0 rings.

So Broncos fans, have you thanked Rahim Moore yet? He's partially responsible for the hope you have behind center this season.
    I'll bet Amari Cooper thanked Jesus every time he put on a Dallas Cowboys uniform last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Spice 1 View Post
    I'll bet Amari Cooper thanked Jesus every time he put on a Dallas Cowboys uniform last year.
    Shucks. All we did to compensate was get the guy who lead the league in TD receptions last year after compiling 10,000 career receiving yards in 115 career games, 1 game off the NFL record.

But it's not all bad. He can also catch the ball consistently.

With Cooper, we had arguably the best wide receiver in the division. Now there's no argument.

Thank you Jesus!

Quote Originally Posted by EddieMac View Post
    I’d be down with this too if you are...
    Accepted.

Shucks. All we did to compensate was get the guy who lead the league in TD receptions last year after compiling 10,000 career receiving yards in 115 career games, 1 game off the NFL record.

But it's not all bad. He can also catch the ball consistently.

With Cooper, we had arguably the best wide receiver in the division. Now there's no argument.

Thank you Jesus!
    Yeah, Carr wouldn't throw the ball to Cooper, so we might as well trade him. Gee, I wonder if there's any other receivers in the league who are cool with not seeing the football every waking minute of their lives? I know, let's trade for Antonio Brown. lol. I can't wait for the meds to run out.

Quote Originally Posted by Spice 1 View Post
    Yeah, Carr wouldn't throw the ball to Cooper, so we might as well trade him. Gee, I wonder if there's any other receivers in the league who are cool with not seeing the football every waking minute of their lives? I know, let's trade for Antonio Brown. lol. I can't wait for the meds to run out.
    I'm still waiting for that "don't you wish you had Amari Cooper over Antonio Brown" moment. I'm sure it's on the way.

But anyway, here's more to help your cause, an article prior to the 2018 season.

Cooper's Drop Rate Ranks Among NFL's Worst. Raiders' wide receiver has had two very bad years for drops among his three since entering the NFL.

If that’s going to happen in 2018, Cooper will have to find a way to hold on to the ball better. Since coming into the league, Cooper has had trouble with drops. Recently, the analytic website Pro Football Focus pointed out how big a problem it’s been.

Over the past three seasons, Cooper has had a drop rate of 13.62 percent, which ranks fourth-worst in the NFL (among qualifying receivers) behind Torrey Smith (16.82), J.J. Nelson (15.91) and Raiders teammate Seth Roberts (14.39).
    Wrote Scott Barrett of PFF: “Cooper led the league in drops (18) and drop rate (20.0 percent) in his rookie season (2015), but then seemed to get past the issue in 2016, dropping only four passes. In 2017, Cooper again led the league in drop rate (17.2 percent). Not only are these numbers bad, but they’re historically bad. Since 2007, there have only been three players to see at least 100 targets and post a drop rate of 17 percent or worse: Braylon Edwards (2007 and 2008), Greg Little (2011) and Cooper (2015 and 2017).”
    Maybe if Carr threw the ball to him more, Cooper would elevate his stats to the bottom 10 instead of the bottom 4

These are mere stats, but in game moments are fresh in Raiders fans memories of Cooper's drops. Talented as hell but it's the thing that frustrated us the most. He's improved with the Cowboys but when you put everything that I said in this post together, I'm still waiting for that "don't you wish you had Amari Cooper over Antonio Brown" moment.

Oh and since Seth Roberts was 4th on that drops list, our wide receivers have gone up a plenty. Brown will get the ball. Gruden once had two receivers catch +80 balls, +1100 yards in the same season.
    Last edited by DevilSpawn; 07-20-2019 at 06:31 PM.

I'm still waiting for that "don't you wish you had Amari Cooper over Antonio Brown" moment. I'm sure it's on the way.

But anyway, here's more to help your cause, an article prior to the 2018 season.

Maybe if Carr threw the ball to him more, Cooper would elevate his stats to the bottom 10 instead of the bottom 4

These are mere stats, but in game moments are fresh in Raiders fans memories of Cooper's drops. Talented as hell but it's the thing that frustrated us the most. He's improved with the Cowboys but when you put everything that I said in this post together, I'm still waiting for that "don't you wish you had Amari Cooper over Antonio Brown" moment.

Oh and since Seth Roberts was 4th on that drops list, our wide receivers have gone up a plenty. Brown will get the ball. Gruden once had two receivers catch +100 balls in the same season.
    I know, I know. Cooper couldn't catch. We actually had a conversation about that at one point. It's funny though how Prescott didn't have any problems with him. Don't worry, you won't see any "Wish you had Cooper instead of Brown?" moments from me. You might get some "Don't you wish you had Flacco instead of Carr" moments, but I won't beat a dead horse on the Cooper thing. Even if Brown goes off his meds at some point this year.