• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • arapaho
    reserved for losing bet
    • Mar 2004

Originally posted by DevilSpawn View Post
    The Broncos division record the last 3 years: 6-12.

This includes 0 sweeps, unless you count the three consecutive sweeps from Kansas City. Seven in a row overall. A Chiefs team that will probably take a step or two back, but not enough to moonwalk past you.

So that's 6-0 against two Super Bowl favorites and a bad team who made you look pretty bad the last time we played.

Now THAT is a Fearless Forecast!

we should have beat them last year in the first meeting, if keenum didn't choke and miss a uncovered DT for a walk in TD...that said the chiefs took a step back the broncos improved a great deal

im calling at least one win over the chiefs and bolts and a sweep of the lowly raiders
    sigpic
    when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

• bears6385
      Bench Warmer
      • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Mainrnxile View Post
      Watch out for Green Bay. They finally cut that dub HC. A new offensive scheme should get AR back on track. I bet they go 10-6/ 11-5 and make the post season. I dislike AR and think he’s an overly sensitive jerk - but there is no arguing his excellence as a QB.
      Without a doubt Rodgers is a great quarterback. What will keep AR and the Pack down is the overall lack of talent around him.

Comment

• bears6385
        Bench Warmer
        • Jul 2007

Originally posted by jazzbodog View Post
        We'll see, but I do like your Super Bowl prediction. GO SAINTS! :thumb:
        Saints are a team that I see dropping out of the playoff picture this season. From the loss to the Cowboys to the playoff loss to the Rams the Saints were stumbling. Brees appeared to be really slowing down. Saints also had a number of key losses in free agency, Ingram, Unger, Coleman, Okafor, and Davison, while it is anybody's guess as to when Rankins will be back after the Achilles injury he had in the playoffs.

Comment

• Kyousukeneko
          Football Immortal
          • May 2010

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
          With one week to go before training camp, I figured it's time to get some predictions down for 2019.

AFC West:
          -San Angeles is the most talented team. They've got a good O and a very good D, and the have fairly good coaching (assuming Bradley learns to mix coverages). They have the look of a team that could make a deep run IF they don't ask Rivers to do too much. He's good enough to win with, but he's not good enough to carry the team to victory more than the odd time. I think they're an 11-5 or 12-4 team.

-Kansas City has the look of a team ready to take a big tumble. They have a bad D which got worse through in personnel along with hiring a worse DC. They've got an offence that's lost key pieces (Hill will miss at least 8 games) and they've got a QB who might be good, but will have a hard time getting close to the numbers he put up last year, especially since he had so much luck go his way. He could have a really good year, 35 touchdowns 10-12 interceptions, and that will be a massive step down from 2018. And finally they've got an average Head Coach who has reached his ceiling with the team. This looks like a 9-7 or 8-8 team to me.

-Oakland looks like a mess again. Gruden brought in a bunch of combustible personalities to add to a team that lacked leadership. They have improved talent, but they look like a team that could completely crumble when faced with any adversity. I think Brown lasts 1 season with the Raiders, and I think this year leads to some major buyers remorse with the 10 year contract they gave Gruden. 4-12 with some major issues in the news around November.

-Denver is a much improved team. This would be true with just the coaching changes alone. I'm not sure about Flacco, nor am I sold on the OC. But they will be improved in all 3 phases. BUT I'm not sure whether this improvement will show itself completely in the W/L column in 2019. They look like a team that could be anywhere from 6-10 to 11-5, but will probably be in the 7-9 to 9-7 window this year. However even with that they'll show themselves to be trending in the right direction.

NFL Wide:
          -I know this is predicted every year but I think 2019 is the year we see regression from both Brees and Brady. With Brady I think it will be less of an issue. He will be less effective than ever before, but because of coaching I expect the Patriots to still win their division and be dangerous in the playoffs. Belichick will manage that team perfectly, and his shift to the heavier two TE offense a few years ago was to prepare for this day.

-Brees on the other hand will completely fall off the cliff. His last 4-5 games plus playoffs in 2018 were a lot like Manning in 2014. He's done, but he and the Saints are hoping he isn't. Because of this and his importance to the Saints (the entire offense is built on what he can do) I think the team crumbles. They'll have one of the top 3 picks in the draft to replace him and they do so with a completely new coaching staff and management team as Payton leaves for Dallas in 2020.

-I like a lot of the pieces the Browns assembled, but I think the excitement is a year too soon for them. Especially with their decision at Head Coach. I think they step back to 6-10 or 7-9 in 2019, before taking that big step forward in 2020.

-I think the Eagles are the team to beat in the NFC and Carson Went wins the MVP Award this season.

-I think Jimmy Garoppolo enters Rob Johnson territory by failing to stay healthy. Despite this San Fran takes a step forward to 7-9/8-8 territory, earning Kyle Shanahan another year to finally show he can coach this group up.

-Miami surprises people and finishes 10-6 led by the breakout of QB Josh Rosen

-Arizona will make a legitimate run at 0-16 behind a bad GM, a horrible choice for HC and using a first overall pick on a QB who is more hype than actual NFL calibre skill. They go into 2020 with a new GM and Head Coach and they use a third straight first round pick on a QB.

-Minnesota will right the ship and go 11-5 winning the NFC North. Kirk Cousins does what Kirk Cousins does, but the defense carries the team.

-Pete Carroll does what Pete Carroll and the Seahawks continue to be a good team winning the NFC West.

PLAYOFF TEAMS:
          AFC: 1. San Angeles 2. New England 3. Indianapolis 4. Pittsburgh 5. Miami 6. Denver or Tennessee
          NFC: 1. Philadelphia 2. Minnesota 3. Seattle 4. Carolina 5. Chicago 6. Detroit

AFC CG: Indianapolis over San Angeles
          NFC CG: Philadelphia over Minnesota

Super Bowl: Philadelphia over Indianapolis

EDIT:

Top 5 picks in the 2020 Draft:
          1. Arizona
          2. Oakland
          3. New Orleans
          4. NY Giants
          5. Cincinnati
          the defense is the big easy is ligit. cam jordan sheldon rankins and marcus davenport are all good pass rushers, plus marcus lattimore and they turned it on late in the season. with AK47 running the ball. and that defense they should be able to finish as a playoff contender with out brees.
          sigpic
          oakland raders gm
          latavis murray trade bait

Comment

• onanygivensunda
            Playmaker
            • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
            the defense is the big easy is ligit. cam jordan sheldon rankins and marcus davenport are all good pass rushers, plus marcus lattimore and they turned it on late in the season. with AK47 running the ball. and that defense they should be able to finish as a playoff contender with out brees.
            Rankins is recovering from a torn Achilles, Davenport is raw and is a total unknown. Lattimore stumbled last year and may be a one-year wonder. Cam Jordan, AK47 and Michael Thomas are for real. Unger's retirement will be felt on the o-line.

I see the Saints falling but not out of the playoffs. I see them going 11-5.
            "Mike Harden, meet Steve Largent." KA-BOOM!!

Comment

• Butler By'Note
              Super Moderator
              • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
              I think the Saints D is good because the offense is good. You take away the effectiveness of the O (which will happen in a big way this year with Drew Brees being done) and the D has to be on the field a lot more, and they're going to be counted on in way more high leverage situations. It's easier to play D when you're up and the other team has to try and catch up. When you're tied or down and the other team can dictate the pace of the game and it changes drastically.

I'm also not sure that I consider a defence that was 14th in both yards and points in 2018, 16th and 10th respectively in 2017, and 27th and 31st respectively in 2016 as legit. I think they're a middle of the road defense that benefits greatly from the offense.
              Last edited by Butler By'Note; 07-16-2019, 01:59 PM.

Comment

• Butler By'Note
                Super Moderator
                • Dec 2008

Originally posted by onanygivensunda View Post
                Rankins is recovering from a torn Achilles, Davenport is raw and is a total unknown. Lattimore stumbled last year and may be a one-year wonder. Cam Jordan, AK47 and Michael Thomas are for real. Unger's retirement will be felt on the o-line.

I see the Saints falling but not out of the playoffs. I see them going 11-5.

Rankins suffered the injury in the playoffs, the Saints themselves have said he's likely to start the season on the PUP list which means he'll miss at least the first 6 weeks of the season.

Comment

• DevilSpawn
                  versus you
                  • Mar 2006

Originally posted by arapaho View Post
                  we should have beat them last year in the first meeting, if keenum didn't choke and miss a uncovered DT for a walk in TD...that said the chiefs took a step back the broncos improved a great deal

im calling at least one win over the chiefs and bolts and a sweep of the lowly raiders
                  "A great deal" is a bit exaggerated but that is the theme of this thread.

And I definitely don't see you guys winning opening night. I'm calling 34-20.

Comment

• BroncosFanInPA
                    Football Immortal
                    • Oct 2003

No way, we gonna stomp a mudhole in you guys...

i got 41-0
                    Last edited by BroncosFanInPA; 07-16-2019, 07:43 PM.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Sam_Z
                      Banned User
                      • Dec 2004

Gruden will definitely have some looks on offense but most likely nothing that Fangio and Donatell haven’t seen before.

I have the broncos (led by Lindsay and Freeman) 29-14

Comment

• DevilSpawn
                        versus you
                        • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
                        Gruden will definitely have some looks on offense but most likely nothing that Fangio and Donatell haven’t seen before.

I have the broncos (led by Lindsay and Freeman) 29-14
                        Serious question, what's the forecast for the secondary? Chris Harris Jr. is a given but what about the others?

Comment

• DevilSpawn
                          versus you
                          • Mar 2006

Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
                          No way, we gonna stomp a mudhole in you guys...

i got 41-0
                          Funny that this prediction was edited. So did you put the pipe down or take another puff?

I'll raise you. I say we win 59-14.

Comment

• Sam_Z
                            Banned User
                            • Dec 2004

Serious question, what's the forecast for the secondary? Chris Harris Jr. is a given but what about the others?
                            At the moment both CHJ and Bryce Callahan will be the starting outside CB with Kareem Jackson mixing in at the nickel CB and safety positions.

Bryce Callahan IMO is a lot better and smarter player than most want to give him credit for. The guy is not easily fooled, in fact I’ve seen him successfully read, react and make plays against many different offensive looks in the past. He’ll definitely add some ball hawking big plays to Denver’s secondary!

Ive also heard speculation that Fangio plans to do a lot of disguised looks between Jackson, Parks, and Cravens in both nickel safety and ILB packages. However a lot will be dependant on Cravens health and desire to play, mainly affecting the ILB position.

Freak athlete Justin Simmons will be a deep threat defender as well as added safety help over the middle in what could be a huge contract year for him.

I know you did not ask but I’m more concerned with out depth at the edge rusher position.

I think we’re going to see Justin Hollins playing outside behind Miller and Chubb more than most ppl anticipate. However in the end, this is still a John Elway unit/personnel on defense which should end up somewhere in the top 8 by seasons end.
                            Last edited by Sam_Z; 07-16-2019, 09:37 PM.

Comment

• Mainrnxile
                              Starter
                              • Dec 2015

Originally posted by bears6385 View Post
                              Without a doubt Rodgers is a great quarterback. What will keep AR and the Pack down is the overall lack of talent around him.
                              That’s a valid point.

This is an interesting article, albeit quite long addressing the Packers’ free fall.

There had to be a breaking point. An incident, an argument, a loss, a moment that doomed the football marriage of Aaron Rodgers and Mike McCarthy...

Comment

• DwhitetheGamer
                                Starter
                                • Oct 2014

When was the last time hiring an old face to coach or manage a team ever work out well? Most of the time they blow up and are complete disasters.

You still have to pay Spider 2 Y Banana guy for another eight years, you also have Oakland's old O-Coordinator where you had one of the worst offenses in 2013 and 2014, plus you brought Tom Cable, the guy who's line schematics single-handedly destroyed many a player in Seattle. Ask Russel Wilson how he "Taught" the linemen to have him run for his life every pass play. And on top of it you have a D-Coordinator from the Bungles.

Antonio Brown may be an incredible talent, but that's all you have.

Comment

Working...
                                X