Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Dalton Risner - Great Guy!!!

RisnerUp!!!

Just saw a great segment on NFL Path To The Draft, about Dalton Risner as a community guy. What a fantastic story!! What a great young man!!

BTW...RisnerUp.com is the name of Dalton's foundation.

We got a beauty in this guy folks! He can play and he is a fantastic human being!! It touched me to see the impact he has had on those who need a little lift in life.

Last edited by CanDB; 04-30-2019 at 04:02 PM.

Really loved watching it just after we picked him, the way the kid at the end is saying how much he's gonna miss him when he goes pro nearly set me off, especially when his voice breaks! Seems we have got a great guy here.

When the second round began, there was a run on O-Linemen with three taken before Denver. I was worried Dalton would be gone, or that the Broncos would pick someone else. When they picked Dalton, I yelled so loud, I scared my dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    When the second round began, there was a run on O-Linemen with three taken before Denver. I was worried Dalton would be gone, or that the Broncos would pick someone else. When they picked Dalton, I yelled so loud, I scared my dogs.

Feels like he's a real solid, safe pick. Kind of like a Quenton Nelson.

Quote Originally Posted by Houshmazode View Post

I just saw his highlights video, but it reminded me of the T-shirts O-Linemen sometimes wear that say, "Got syrup? We got pancakes."

Quote Originally Posted by EvertonBroncos View Post
    Really loved watching it just after we picked him, the way the kid at the end is saying how much he's gonna miss him when he goes pro nearly set me off, especially when his voice breaks! Seems we have got a great guy here.
    That segment at the end was so sad, though memorable. You could tell those people love Dalton very much!! He took the time to get close to them, and they are extremely happy to have him in their lives! But yes, that young boy made me sad, as his voice cracked, and how he said he was not going to see Dalton as much because of his new career. Something tells me Dalton will make up for the time lost, when he gets the opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by Houshmazode View Post

Yeah sure feels that way love this pick so much.

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    I didn't think he would make it past the 1st round either. I'm so glad he did, because he's the complete package. Capable at any position on the OL, strong leader with a good head on his shoulders, and a love for the game. These are characteristics that make for a player that becomes elite in the league. Can't wait to see what Munchak has in store for him.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

Please check out this guy's community activities if you haven't had a chance. If you didn't already love him before, you will love him after!

Yeah I really like the football player and I think character wise hes top notch. All of his community efforts before he went pro. Says a lot about him.

He's very slow, but very strong. He lacks athleticism, but he plays with an "attitude". He's young, but he's mature. And that is born out by his Charity work. Who amongst all of us has set up a Charity, and then backs it up by working with young kids who need a mentor, at this guy's age?

This is definitely the "feel good" Pick of the Broncos Draft. Now let's see what he can do at Guard.

Quote Originally Posted by gtown53 View Post
    He's very slow, but very strong. He lacks athleticism, but he plays with an "attitude". He's young, but he's mature. And that is born out by his Charity work. Who amongst all of us has set up a Charity, and then backs it up by working with young kids who need a mentor, at this guy's age?

This is definitely the "feel good" Pick of the Broncos Draft. Now let's see what he can do at Guard.
    I like the pick because he could do a good job on the interior line and character is important but I could care less if he's a good guy or not. We picked him for one reason.... to make us a better football team to compete for championships, nothing else matters.

I like high character guys like Miller and CHJ that help the community but all that really matters for the Broncos is that they play at a pro bowl level.

Risner can do what he likes outside of football but he needs to prove that he can be a good starting interior lineman in this league.

Quote Originally Posted by bronx_2003 View Post
    I like the pick because he could do a good job on the interior line and character is important but I could care less if he's a good guy or not. We picked him for one reason.... to make us a better football team to compete for championships, nothing else matters.

I like high character guys like Miller and CHJ that help the community but all that really matters for the Broncos is that they play at a pro bowl level.

Risner can do what he likes outside of football but he needs to prove that he can be a good starting interior lineman in this league.
    I posted this because of the humanitarian story involved. That's the focus. If you think it is not important in the overall aspect of what he brings...that's fine. But this thread is about that aspect, as well as the fact he can play.

Staying on topic is not a critical thing, but out of respect for this fine young, talented man, I'd try to keep it positive, because the thread is about him being a great guy....which he surely must be.

There are other skill related threads covering the non community side. And for the record, based on what I hear, he will be a starter.
    Last edited by CanDB; 05-01-2019 at 06:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    I posted this because of the humanitarian story involved. That's the focus. If you think it is not important in the overall aspect of what he brings...that's fine. But this thread is about that aspect, as well as the fact he can play.

Staying on topic is not a critical thing, but out of respect for this fine young, talented man, I'd try to keep it positive, because the thread is about him being a great guy....which he surely must be.

There are other skill related threads covering the non community side. And for the record, based on what I hear, he will be a starter.
    The NFL Network show they did on Risner is really pretty incredible. In a world of people exercising their "character defects", it's good to see someone this young who is a part of the solution rather than being part of the problem. The good news for the Broncos is along with high "Character" comes high effort.

Quote Originally Posted by gtown53 View Post
    The NFL Network show they did on Risner is really pretty incredible. In a world of people exercising their "character defects", it's good to see someone this young who is a part of the solution rather than being part of the problem. The good news for the Broncos is along with high "Character" comes high effort.
    Well said!

One can be both - skilled and of strong character.