Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    i have no expectations. i feel if i expect stuff it wont happen. weather we go 0-16, 16-0, or any variance between i will be a broncos fans.

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

Quote Originally Posted by Houshmazode View Post
    Playoffs. Anything less is a failure
    We need more drafts to be a solid playoffs contender. If we make it this year, we'll need help and over the next couple of years I'm pretty sure there will be a QB change, that will take us down a notch, then see if he is good enough or go back to the drafting board.

"Expectations" are nothing more than "rensentments under construction".
    Last edited by gtown53; 07-14-2019 at 07:02 PM.

The last time Flacco had a contract year, he balled! I am hoping that he balls now too considering he plays better when under pressure. Also, last year when he played, and beat the Broncos, in his locker room interview he said after half time they knew everything we were doing and could have continued to put up points all day. That is a true vet speak, I expect that is what he brings to the table and hope he can help the offense read the defenses and play the best play choice, because that is what we've been missing since PFM.

All things considered....the team talent alone can win 8 games, even if we don't get the bounce of the ball. New coaching is going to be worth 2 wins, but, it's going to take awhile to get all the ducks inline. Now if the off. starts to roll and the def. plays top 10 ball, then add another 2 games for the mojo. So lets see... in the Bill Murray score keeping system that would be 5. Not sure that's wins or loses.

I am going to predict a winning and competitive season. 9-7, 10-6, or 11-5 !!

Quote Originally Posted by haciendadad View Post
    The last time Flacco had a contract year, he balled! I am hoping that he balls now too considering he plays better when under pressure. Also, last year when he played, and beat the Broncos, in his locker room interview he said after half time they knew everything we were doing and could have continued to put up points all day. That is a true vet speak, I expect that is what he brings to the table and hope he can help the offense read the defenses and play the best play choice, because that is what we've been missing since PFM.
    While it is possible he is not on the team in 2020, this is not a 'contract year' for Joe Flacco. His current contract extends two years beyond this one.

As far as the he plays better under pressure quip, where does that come from? He is notoriously worse under pressure, even the invading Flacco fans are quick to say he needs a solid OL like he has always had in Baltimore. In 2017, his last full year of starting, he was the 6th least pressured QB in the league, but he was the 5th worst performer going by Football Outsider's DVOA. In 2016, he was pressured more, the 14th most in the league. However, his consistent poor play under pressure was again prevelant, coming in as the 6th worst performing QB under pressure.

That's not too weird though, since 2010 there has not been a single QB to perform better under pressure vs a clean pocket.

If you meant metaphorical, external pressure, like the end of his career staring him in his face, I dont think that's a strong suit of his either. We saw how he faltered under the pressure of Lamar Jackson last year- ultimately losing his job due to his injury and the fact that his poor play- 29th completion%, 25th TD%, 6th highest interception %, 31st ypa, and 28th passer rating- could no longer be tolerated.

Quote Originally Posted by Canmore View Post
    I don't see the playoffs.
    Brutal schedule.
    9-7
    So much can change during a year. Teams will overachieve and underachieve. I think it's silly to call a schedule 'brutal' before a season starts.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    While it is possible he is not on the team in 2020, this is not a 'contract year' for Joe Flacco. His current contract extends two years beyond this one.
    It's not his contract year but the pressure for him to preform this year is huge and probably the most he will face in his whole career. Either he balls out and gets to be a starting QB for the Broncos next year or he falters and gets cut (no dead cap next year).

He has proven to play well when his back is against the wall. We'll see soon if he can come up big as he will be playing to continue his career.

My expectations are optimistic.

Expect the defense to be top 5 by most standards at years end. They should be solid enough up the middle, dynamic on the edges and secondary. ILB may not be as bad as some expect. Vangio has a way of putting players in position to make plays.

On offense, the biggest addition is leadership. Not expecting Flacco to set TD records. Just be the leader in the huddle, at the line and run the show. A missing piece of the puzzle is filled. O-line should be better disciplined. It will be interesting to see how the new OC calls games and utilizes the weapons he has.

Every year the NFL has unexpected risers and fallers from the previous season. Why not the Broncos rising this year?

Assuming they can avoid the multiple significant injuries that test roster depth and create the fallers I think Broncos can win 10 (maybe 11 ) games and be in the Wild Card discussion.

Go Broncos!

I expect us to be competitive. I would think that our offense should be able to move the ball and score some points? Our defense should be decent. I don't think we are winning any Super Bowls, anytime soon, but I hope to watch some competitive, entertaining football.

I think we will do better this year than people expect. Will compete to make the playoffs but may need help to get in the last couple weeks.

Give it 3 years. In 2021 there will be a start to the next great era in Bronco football

Too many problems were not properly addressed for too long. We are more talented than our record in 2018 but need time to properly build a solid team.

2018 key issues for lack of success, in my eyes
    1. horrible coaching, the team was ill prepared in most games, unfocused, with no ability to change course on the fly to adjust to the opposing team
    case in point the 49 game, they lost their starting qb and were playing a rookie with 4 games under his belt, their best wr out, starting RB out and the only real offensive weapon was the TE...and he about had 7 receptions for 210 yards in the first half. also evident when he gifted Houston 3 points by attempting a 62 yard fg giving Houston the ball on our side of the field with 18 seconds

2. bad QB play, at times keenum just seemed helpless

3. oline just never in sync, due to youth , coaching and injury

4. lack of creativity on defense and offense, we could see it on offense, but defensive players have also spoken out it on the defensive side\

5. YOUTH ! we had a great draft but the top two rbs were rookies, and ended the season by playing exclusively 3 wr who were rookies

And so my expectations for 2019

1. the coaching will be better, of that i have zero doubts, Fangio may not have coached in the league as a HC, but he has years and years of NFL experience heading the defense, a hard nosed, direct line no nonsense coach will in my opinion will only focus the team, be better prepared and he will not be fumbling with his headset looking clueless as his great week of practice goes unrewarded

2. qb play will be better, i wont go into some peoples arguments looking at Flacco's stats...but i have no problem believing flacco will be better than any starting qb we have had since manning retired

3. oline was greatly improved ....munchak, leary healthy, risner and a solid RT

4. Fangio has lead some of the leagues best defenses, with donatell at his side, so i know we will not be the weak, unprepared easily exposed defense we seen at times and i believe we will see a improved scheme on offense

5. those rookie wrs and rbs are healthy, have the experience and know what to do now, along with Chubb they will be a even bigger force and lets not forget 2019s rookies that should make a impact, Fant, Risner and jones

with that i have high expectations at least compared to 2018, i expect no less then 10-6 and a chance at a playoff seat if we can steal another win off that 6 games lost side

At any level of football, the basis of a winning season is defense. All good defenses keep the opponent's rushing attack in check. If Denver produces a winning season in 2019, it will be because of good scoring defense.

Given the rules, successful pro football offenses are either balanced or pass heavy. It will be interesting to see what Rich Scangarello calls. I'm expecting some kind of balanced/ball control attack that attempts to dictate to the defense through formations using various personnel packages. Whatever it turns out to be, O must take care of Mr. Ball, and put more points on the board than the opponent, who is theoretically being inhibited by a stifling D.

The least any football team at any level needs from STs is that they won't lose the game. That minimum requires effective protection of the PK/P, sound coverage and ball security on returns. For a winning season, STs must provide optimum FP, above average returns, opportunistic coverage inside +20, and high percentage XPA/FGA.

IMO, the Broncos are built and are being coached to accomplish those objectives in the three phases. In order for that to produce a winning season, the players must buy what the coaches are selling and benefit from luck being more on the good than the bad. I'm looking forward to 2019.

I think they could be anywhere from 6-10 to 11-5. But regardless of record I expect them to be a much better team. They'll be prepared to play, managed better in game and they'll be better in all 3 phases. It's just how much it shows up in this year's record?

Often when you're on a hot streak you start playing poorly but you still win because there's some lag. Likewise when you're in a cold snap you often start playing much much better but don't get the results right away. I could see Denver starting out with a really poor record, while playing much better, before they go on a run to end the season.