Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    I ask myself, are we improved?
    - New Coaching staff, yes improved
    - QB: If Flacco can make it the whole season healthy, yes, improved, but with his recent history that may not be reality
    - O-Line: Risner is a nice addition but young, Munchak can set the others straight, probably improved

But I have questions. Our WR core lacks great depth. We have good potential at TE but can we find some stability? D-Line should be good, DBs, do we have great depth?

Honestly, I am optimistic and hope we out perform all expectations and pull off 10 wins but my gut is telling me 8-8. The thing is, I expect them to be in most games this year til the end. A few bounces of luck and boom, we're playoff bound.

I expect improvement over last year, ending with another Lombardi.

Still 2-3 years away from a super bowl run. Too many holes. 7-9 seems about right.

Quote Originally Posted by rst08tierney View Post
    Still 2-3 years away from a super bowl run. Too many holes. 7-9 seems about right.
    I expect a deep playoff run this year because Iím not seeing all these ďholesĒ.

Nose Tackle: is Shelby Harris not capable? Is Zach Kerr not a reliable backup?

ILB: is Alexander Johnson and Josey Jewell really that slow? If so, why are they in the NFL?

Defensive Secondary: Between CHJ, Bryce Callahan, Kareem Jackson, these guys are going to mesh into one of the leagues premier secondaryís.

Offense:

Left Tackle? I think we can all agree there is a huge hole there but hopefully Munchak can talk some sense into Elway about a replacement. The rest of the group has the makings to be very solid up front.

Tight End? Fumagali is actually making the most of his opportunity right now. Guy is leaping to make the grabs, Fant, Butt, and believe it or not even Heuerman is beginning to show something. This group is going to be a featured core in Scangarellos offense.

RB: Lindsay, Freeman, and Jano will be pretty damn good.

WR: Sutton and Hamilton seem to be on another level with very reliable guys behind them in Patrick, Winfrey, Craykraft, and Patrick. Not to mention Emmanuel when completely healthy!

You guys need to have more faith in this team. Sure I know most of you are looking at the Chargers and Chiefs but Denver has the defense to shut those teams down while guys like Sutton, Lindsay, and Fant can create match up problems and put points on the board!

Denver will be at least be 10-6 on the season.
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 07-19-2019 at 06:54 AM.

My expectations better meet reality... I can't handle another losing season.

10-6 with a playoff appearance, minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua2585 View Post
    My expectations better meet reality... I can't handle another losing season.

10-6 with a playoff appearance, minimum.
    I think the only thing that could hold us up now would be John Elway when it comes to accepting reality with guys like Garrett Bolles.
    Elway does a great job of sticking by his players.

A little too great sometimes but I hope he can see the writing on the wall with Bolles before the season is lost.

As we all know, left Tackle is everything and there are no plays in the playbook for second and twenty.

No Bolles canít lose the season on his own but with stupid penalties heíll sure contribute greatly.

I expect a competitive team week in and out, but I think we wont see a big jump until next season. I think 8-8 or 9-7 is the area we will be at.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    I think the only thing that could hold us up now would be John Elway when it comes to accepting reality with guys like Garrett Bolles.
    Elway does a great job of sticking by his players.

A little too great sometimes but I hope he can see the writing on the wall with Bolles before the season is lost.

As we all know, left Tackle is everything and there are no plays in the playbook for second and twenty.

No Bolles canít lose the season on his own but with stupid penalties heíll sure contribute greatly.
    Bolles has earned the criticisms but at times I think we pile on a bit. Not sure he deserves as much crap as he gets. Going to be interesting if he can earn some respect this season.

I have optimism that Munchak and Kuper can get into his head and improve his game. It has never been about his passion or athleticism. It has been between the ears.

He was a raw prospect and his learning curve has taken longer then expected. But he has had some flashes of being damn good at times. Up to him to work on making those more consistent with less loss of focus that lead to mistakes.

Coaching, a stable LG beside him, predicable QB play behind him and some consistent game planning help will do wonders for the young man IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by FR Tim View Post
    Bolles has earned the criticisms but at times I think we pile on a bit. Not sure he deserves as much crap as he gets. Going to be interesting if he can earn some respect this season.

I have optimism that Munchak and Kuper can get into his head and improve his game. It has never been about his passion or athleticism. It has been between the ears.

He was a raw prospect and his learning curve has taken longer then expected. But he has had some flashes of being damn good at times. Up to him to work on making those more consistent with less loss of focus that lead to mistakes.

Coaching, a stable LG beside him, predicable QB play behind him and some consistent game planning help will do wonders for the young man IMO.
    When Bolles is bad, he is real bad. That said, we do tend to expect the worst outcome from him. He played significantly better later in the season, so it's not like he's a lost cause. I also believe Much and Kup in getting the OL in the best position to succeed, however habits are hard to break, and Bolles has some bad ones.

It would be hard for the team not to improve from last year. I do not see the offense being able to keep up with other top scoring teams in the league. Flacco is a band-aid, and I do not think Lock is the QB of the future. They will have to rely on the running game heavily and expect the defense to improve enough to keep games close. Maybe they will prove me wrong, and I hope they do, but I think being 500 seems about right.

- The Chargers and KC are good teams, Jokeland will be better this year, so just their division is not a cakewalk. Just those games could easily be 1-5 or 3-3 if they have some fortune. Thinking 4-2 or above would suggest some miraculous turnaround, which is rare.

- The non-divisional games aren't that bad. Having 2 of the four hardest opponents at home is a huge advantage. I see 2-3 or 3-2 for the home games vs. Chicago, Cleveland, Jacksonville, Tennesse, & Detriot. Once again I'll be optimistic and give them the 3-2.

- Away games have never been easy for our Broncos. Being @ Green Bay, @ Indy, @ Buffalo, @ Minnesota, @ Houston.

It isn't that scary at first glance, but when looking at the schedule as a whole Buffalo should be the worst team in the pack, but it's after an away game in Minnesota the week before.

@ Green Bay is the week after the Bears. @ Indy is the week after playing the Chefs. If they come away with 3-2 I would be happy, but more expect 2-3, or 1-4 worst case.

My conclusion is that they will finish in the 7-9 to 8-8 range.
    Last edited by Buckeye Bronco; 07-19-2019 at 12:25 PM.

Here are my expectations/ predictions:

-I expect Flacco to shock everyone with his play and will put up his second best statical numbers
    - I predict Lindsay to have less rushing yards than last year but makes it up by being used a lot more in the passing.
    -I expect OT will still be an issue on both sides
    - I predict Chubbs to beat Von in total sacks
    - I expect Josey and Davis to get embarrassed by TE
    - I predict we go 9-7 and falling short of the playoffs and are 3rd in the division.

6-10, the offense is still horrible. We have an old awful QB with raw young pass catchers.

Quote Originally Posted by DwhitetheGamer View Post
    As far as the winning record, we're not taking a step back with Vic Fangio. As a great YouTuber said about Vance Joseph, "Who knew that an unprepared, inexperienced coach would be unprepared and inexperienced? Now they go for the opposite in mob boss Vic Fangio, surprisingly one of the more reasonable hires in this cycle. So if players mess up he just whacks 'em."

Simple jab aside, Vic is looking to be a much improved coach over Vance. On top of that, we're going to have an improved O-Line, as far as the running game is concerned, as well as a competitive fight for the no. 2 QB in Hogan and Lock. At minimum I'm looking at a 11-5 record with a wildcard, the keyword here is MINIMUM.

I would go the Pat Bowlen route of going 19 and 0 but that would involve absolute perfection and a lot of sacrifices to the Football Gods in order for it to happen.

WHAT have you been smoking????
    http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l7...amp69/asdf.jpg
    "Let's just give them Keenum for an, "I owe you".
    Adopted player Lindsey

I expect the Denver Broncos to make the playoffs!

Our running back by committee is just too suspect. All the Homer's think we can count on Lindsay but his frame just isn't there to out last an entire nfl regular season and playoffs.

ILB scares me on defense more then anything and I'm sure DCs around the league are licking their chops. My gut says stopping the runs going to be an issue early.