Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    I expect to win every game. And even if we lose, I will expect to win the next one. Especially those against the Faiders, Dolts and Chefs. I will keep expecting to win all the way through week 21.
    “Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.”

― Mark Twain

Yeah as have not beaten the Chiefs since 2016 S.N.F. 11/27. Want to see the Broncos beat them badly!
    Back to School!

Every year I say 16-0 until that first loss! I was just talking to my buddy about this today, and I think if luck goes our way and we stay healthy 10-6 / 11-5 is feasible. I could also see growing pains with a new everything and struggle to a 7-9 / 8-8 season. I can’t see us being worse than that with everything that has been improved from 2018.

Quote Originally Posted by JPPT1974 View Post
    Yeah as have not beaten the Chiefs since 2016 S.N.F. 11/27. Want to see the Broncos beat them badly!
    Denver lost that game in OT. The last time they beat KC was September 17th, 2015 on Thursday Night Football.

Quote Originally Posted by JPPT1974 View Post
    should have beat them last year if keenum wasn't so inaccurate

Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    should have beat them last year if keenum wasn't so accurately inaccurate
    Fixed it for you!

Special thanks to Sam_Z for the SB rings collage above

Playing against the NFCN and the AFCS this year, along with the Chiefs and the Chargers being in the same division, I predict the Broncos will finish 7-9 this year.
    "Mike Harden, meet Steve Largent." KA-BOOM!!

Quote Originally Posted by haciendadad View Post
    I am excited to see this new team play and I have can see the potential assuming everyone plays up to their potential, but there is a lot of prognosticators and even local radio personalities, ex-Broncos too, that see the talent on this team as a groups in the lower third. Yeah, there are some stand out players in a position, but if you look at the position group they are considered bottom tier. Maybe, I am just being an optimist but I guess I need to take off the glasses and start to realize we are still probably a couple of seasons/drafts away from getting a team that is a serious SB contender. I can't blame Elway and company for their last couple of years' drafts but those few before that has really set us back. Hopefully, this defense can give us a chance for respectability but then there is that weak area, down the middle, that can be exploited. What are the chances that this team can prove everyone wrong? As far as winning record, are we taking a step back this year?
    I am much more optimistic going into this year than I have been since things came apart after the SB win.

I honestly do not expect a super bowl run.

But I do expect a more competitive team, one that doesnt mail it in, in the 4th qrtr down by 4. I do expect more big plays in the passing game. I do expect a return to a defense that *never* quits.

I expect respectability.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    I expect a better result no doubt. We have a new coaching unit, that can only help the cause. That's a plus 2 wins in my opinion. We have loads of young O talent, and an improved Oline….though not sure how much improved. But before I add wins to the equation, I will be honest, that I do not know what to expect from Flacco. He might be the steadying factor, but he is not exactly coming off a promising run. But I will add 1 win. Getting us to 9 and 7.

I like our D, but did we strengthen the middle? I love the bookend pass rush, and we did fill some holes in the offseason. And because I gave us a plus 2 for coaching, I will attribute at least one victory to defensive coaching.

So I'm going 9 and 7 until I see more from Joe. Having said that, I see this team getting better if and when our long term QB takes over, and leads this young, talented O into the future.
    Agree for the most part. I am still concerned our weakness on defense is going to be tight ends, they have murdered us for the last 3 years since Trevathan left.

Quote Originally Posted by haciendadad View Post
    The last time Flacco had a contract year, he balled! I am hoping that he balls now too considering he plays better when under pressure. Also, last year when he played, and beat the Broncos, in his locker room interview he said after half time they knew everything we were doing and could have continued to put up points all day. That is a true vet speak, I expect that is what he brings to the table and hope he can help the offense read the defenses and play the best play choice, because that is what we've been missing since PFM.
    I think Flacco's success....mediocrity...or failure...is going to depend a lot on how much protection he gets. Our line has been pretty bad at pass pro for a couple years, which has only made the poor qb play we had, that much worse.

If we cant keep him upright with a clean jersey, he wont fare any better than Siemien, or Keenum.

Quote Originally Posted by MH Stampede View Post
    I think Flacco's success....mediocrity...or failure...is going to depend a lot on how much protection he gets. Our line has been pretty bad at pass pro for a couple years, which has only made the poor qb play we had, that much worse.

If we cant keep him upright with a clean jersey, he wont fare any better than Siemien, or Keenum.
    I'm not so sure. Flacco has had great protection for years and it hasn't been able to save him from himself.

I expect Flacco to play well and Papa-pwn is rockin' a #5 Flacco jersey by January!!!!

🌝

Quote Originally Posted by MH Stampede View Post

If that is going to be the focus for protecting the older Flacco, that will definitely help the younger Drew Lock when his time comes.

I am hoping Flacco's strength is his in-game Football IQ and the deep ball, two things we lacked here for a long time!

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Jack View Post
    I expect Flacco to play well and Papa-pwn is rockin' a #5 Flacco jersey by January!!!!

��
    The Magic eight ball says......Its highly likely.

Expect Flacco to make a home as the Broncos starting QB for the next six years.

I'll be happy with a competitive .500 season. No blowout losses and losses caused by a million turnovers, and be around .500 and I will be content with that.