• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FL BRONCO
    Traveling Mod
    • Mar 2010

Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    Game or not, they just get paid what their market dictates. It takes special individuals to just make it to the League, so well yes it's a game, let's not overlook that they are special and have invested copious amounts of time to getting here.
    While that is true, He is being handsomely rewarded already and he has yet to play a down in the NFL and is not expected to start for a while. I usually side with the players on matters, especially when it comes to contracts and tags and such. But in this case, get off your butt, get in there and start learning. You can't get there soon enough. You have a lot to learn to even be able to play and maybe just maybe earn what you will already be paid. You are only on a 4 yr deal. We can talk about it again when you prove you have outplayed your deal. Till then, take millions for sitting the bench and be grateful like you should be.
    My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

• the0rangecrush
      Captain
      • Apr 2009

Originally posted by FL BRONCO View Post
      While that is true, He is being handsomely rewarded already and he has yet to play a down in the NFL and is not expected to start for a while. I usually side with the players on matters, especially when it comes to contracts and tags and such. But in this case, get off your butt, get in there and start learning. You can't get there soon enough. You have a lot to learn to even be able to play and maybe just maybe earn what you will already be paid. You are only on a 4 yr deal. We can talk about it again when you prove you have outplayed your deal. Till then, take millions for sitting the bench and be grateful like you should be.
      They are all only a play away, heck even one car ride away. Look at Kendrick Norton, poor guy just lost his arm. Lock and his agent know he's a valuable commodity, take every advantage you get to get every dollar you can get. I hope he gets the most money he possibly can.
      What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
      I don't know and I don't care

Comment

• Houshmazode
        The Mountaineer
        • Sep 2006

They are all only a play away, heck even one car ride away. Look at Kendrick Norton, poor guy just lost his arm. Lock and his agent know he's a valuable commodity, take every advantage you get to get every dollar you can get. I hope he gets the most money he possibly can.
        Is he a valuable commodity? He's proven absolutely nothing against NFL competition.
        :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
        sigpic

Comment

• haciendadad
          Starter
          • Feb 2007

Lock should be smart enough to know he has no leverage other than playing the QB position. This team has a good starting QB and two good backups ahead of him. He can sit out this year for all we care, it will only cost him and save us money, so where is the leverage? Now if this was 2016, that would be a different story but his bargaining chip is a joke at this point. Poor advice from his agent! He may end up missing the opportunity to start 2 preseason games, hold out and he may start 0.
          ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          My new favorite Bronco - KJ Hamler Guy plays inspiring football!.

Comment

• Capt. Jack
            Football Immortal
            • Oct 2010

He probably wears KC Chiefs jammies.

Comment

• CanDB
              Football Immortal
              • Mar 2008

Maybe he was watching the NBA lately, and felt grossly underpaid!! (like most athletes!)

Comment

• Fantaztic7
                Banned User
                • Dec 2015

Sign the contract. Report to camp and get to work. Lock hasn’t earned a “premium”.

Comment

• johnlimburg
                  Ring of Famer
                  • Sep 2009

Before I take aim at Lock for apparently "holding out" over a "quarterback premium", is there any source confirming this is in fact the situation with Lock and his contract ?

Comment

• Fantaztic7
                    Banned User
                    • Dec 2015

Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post
                    Before I take aim at Lock for apparently "holding out" over a "quarterback premium", is there any source confirming this is in fact the situation with Lock and his contract ?
                    “According to Mike Klis of 9News in Denver, Lock's agent wants a "quarterback premium" deal after Denver selected the Missouri product with the No. 42 overall pick in the second round in April.”

Comment

• johnlimburg
                      Ring of Famer
                      • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
                      “According to Mike Klis of 9News in Denver, Lock's agent wants a "quarterback premium" deal after Denver selected the Missouri product with the No. 42 overall pick in the second round in April.”

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...um-on-contract
                      Thank you for that. One would assume this is an agent move and not Lock actually bickering over the up front bonuses on a rookie contract ? Lock said all the right things after being drafted in terms of being eager to get to work, being willing to do whatever it takes, etc. I would say this will get sorted out quickly here and Lock will come into camp ready to compete for the backup spot with Brett Rypien. If not, well, I guess the fake Brock Osweiler vibe I get from him might be showing before he even takes a meaningful snap in the NFL.

Comment

• Fantaztic7
                        Banned User
                        • Dec 2015

Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post
                        Thank you for that. One would assume this is an agent move and not Lock actually bickering over the up front bonuses on a rookie contract ? Lock said all the right things after being drafted in terms of being eager to get to work, being willing to do whatever it takes, etc. I would say this will get sorted out quickly here and Lock will come into camp ready to compete for the backup spot with Brett Rypien. If not, well, I guess the fake Brock Osweiler vibe I get from him might be showing before he even takes a meaningful snap in the NFL.
                        Maybe this is being driven by his agent - not sure. Even if we assume this is a move by his agent, Lock would have to go along with it. I haven’t studied his agent, so maybe this is a common tactic? From everything I’ve read about Lock, his work ethic and commitment were very strong at Missouri. Development aside, I thought the guy was going to report to camp Day 1 and get to work to earn the backup role. These things usually get sorted out but he needs the work. Maybe it’s just a new era with demanding more pay without having earned it. There are unique circumstances with contact language that warrant negotiations, but this seems like a grab for money. I hope he develops into a great quarterback however this move strikes me the wrong way.

Comment

• Houshmazode
                          The Mountaineer
                          • Sep 2006

Can't wait to see how Rypien looks in the preseason.
                          sigpic

Comment

• the0rangecrush
                            Captain
                            • Apr 2009

Originally posted by Houshmazode View Post
                            Is he a valuable commodity? He's proven absolutely nothing against NFL competition.
                            Yes, young and talented QB that the team has invested multiple picks in, in a QB driven league. I hope the kid and his agent can get everything they possibly can.

Comment

• the0rangecrush
                              Captain
                              • Apr 2009

Originally posted by haciendadad View Post
                              Lock should be smart enough to know he has no leverage other than playing the QB position. This team has a good starting QB and two good backups ahead of him. He can sit out this year for all we care, it will only cost him and save us money, so where is the leverage? Now if this was 2016, that would be a different story but his bargaining chip is a joke at this point. Poor advice from his agent! He may end up missing the opportunity to start 2 preseason games, hold out and he may start 0.
                              Hogan and the UDFA Rypien. His agent is giving him good advice, and trying to maximize the guranteed money his client can get. We invested multiple high end picks in him, we obviously care.

Comment

• Houshmazode
                                The Mountaineer
                                • Sep 2006

Yes, young and talented QB that the team has invested multiple picks in, in a QB driven league. I hope the kid and his agent can get everything they possibly can.
                                What has he proven?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X