X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Papa-pwn
    Captain
    • Aug 2008

At this point in the "hold-out", I don't really care and I'm surprised anyone does.

Provided it doesn't drag on for weeks, which could hamper his development and ultimately hurt his competition with Hogan, it's a non-issue.

If he misses a day or two, it will be a little lame and disappointing because every rep counts as a young player, but not actually a big deal in the grand scheme of things this year. He won't be playing until around week 8, so a few days missed early on in camp is whatever.

That being said, it's more than likely that he signs today or tomorrow morning.

Comment

• Papa-pwn
      Captain
      • Aug 2008

It seems to me most here don't even understand the situation, based on responses.

It is his agent fighting for a larger amount of the predetermined contract to be a signing bonus. The total value is concrete, unchanging. The signing bonus can be manipulated and as such, the higher the bonus, the higher the immediate payday for the agent.

Lock's agent has a case due to Lock's position, this occurs with QBs in most rounds save for the 2nd, 5th, and below, interestingly. Lock is probably allowing his agent to try and get them both paid a little more up front, but I doubt he will allow it to continue on unless Lock know his agent just really needs the extra money or something.

Comment

• Al Wilson 4 Mayor
        team preacher
        • Mar 2008

Nothing to see here.
        sigpic
        Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

• JvDub95
          Football Immortal
          • Jan 2005

Originally posted by gtown53 View Post
          From reading these Posts, it appears the "Lock Honeymoon" is over. And all I can do is be thankful that we didn't spend the #10 on the guy, as so many on this Board were hoping for since the end of last season.

And although I'm guessing Lock will sign, it's nice to see that he has an Agent who is doing his job. I'm also guessing that Rypien and Hogan look better than Lock, creating an interesting Camp.
          Please!! You are so against him you will pick anything and everything this kid does and hold it against him. He wasn't the 1st and he won't be the last to hold out as a rookie. Bearing injury he won't be starting this year anyway.....it's a non story

​​​​

Comment

• brianmcfarlane
            Football Immortal
            • Dec 2012

I want to see him play in the HOF game!
            sigpic

Comment

• CanDB
              Football Immortal
              • Mar 2008

Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post
              It seems to me most here don't even understand the situation, based on responses.

It is his agent fighting for a larger amount of the predetermined contract to be a signing bonus. The total value is concrete, unchanging. The signing bonus can be manipulated and as such, the higher the bonus, the higher the immediate payday for the agent.

Lock's agent has a case due to Lock's position, this occurs with QBs in most rounds save for the 2nd, 5th, and below, interestingly. Lock is probably allowing his agent to try and get them both paid a little more up front, but I doubt he will allow it to continue on unless Lock know his agent just really needs the extra money or something.
              Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
              Nothing to see here.
              Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
              Please!! You are so against him you will pick anything and everything this kid does and hold it against him. He wasn't the 1st and he won't be the last to hold out as a rookie. Bearing injury he won't be starting this year anyway.....it's a non story
              I concur....non event for the most part. It's called Business 101. And this guy might be our future, so I am not too worried about it. Lets not jump to conclusions about his leadership. Based on what I know, he'll be fine.

Comment

• colowoz
                Bench Warmer
                • Jan 2006

Little more than a non-story, if this is how his agent and his strategy is with a rookie contract (That has a set salary) only signing bonus can be manipulated. IMAGINE what the negotiations are like during his 4th season ? Probably would want the highest salary for a QB.

Can he refuse to play and request a trade like some have done in the past ? Prove that you re a NFL QB !

As in other sports the money they make is going out of this world.

Comment

• Capt. Jack
                  Football Immortal
                  • Oct 2010

After Brock and Paxton, I am taking the wait and see approach with Lock.
                  It would nice if he could be a decent NFL QB, but we have to wait and see if that actually happens.

Comment

• Capt. Jack
                    Football Immortal
                    • Oct 2010

Lock probably Needs the extra loot for a KC Chiefs #15 Patrick Mahomes signed jersey?

Comment

• Butler By'Note
                      Super Moderator
                      • Dec 2008

And it was just announced that Lock has agreed to terms and will be at camp when it opens tomorrow. The "hold out" sure was a short one. No need for this thread to remain open.

Comment

• Rastic
                        Modulated
                        • Oct 2013

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
                        And it was just announced that Lock has agreed to terms and will be at camp when it opens tomorrow. The "hold out" sure was a short one. No need for this thread to remain open.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-with-broncos/
                        Lock thread locked?

Comment

Working...
                        X