sigpic

Comment

• Houshmazode
      The Mountaineer
      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
      Here is a good article about TC so far.
      Good article, thanks for posting.

It's good to see Sanders ahead of schedule, I'm glad he's healthy but I hope he takes his time coming back. Excited for our receiving corps this year. From Sanders, Sutton, Patrick, Cracraft, Winfree, Fant and a couple others from the TC bodies ot should be pretty solid this year. Can't wait to see some Flacco deep ball to Sutton and Sanders.

The one draft I haven't heard anything about is Dre'Mont Jones. Might not for a while but still excited to see how he progresses. Holland has been getting some 1st team reps at ILB. Will this be the year Demarcus Walker proves himself?
      :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
      sigpic

Comment

• brianmcfarlane
        Football Immortal
        • Dec 2012

Its only 6 working days into a camp that has started earlier than most seasons due to being scheduled for the HOF game which most, if not all veterans/1st team players will not play in. So to try and make any conclusions at this point as to how good this team will be this season is folly, but ...
        It is looking like the D-line is solid, I think I have read/heard more about DeMarcus Walker than any other defensive player, he seems to be stepping forward this TC. I am rooting for him. I think it is looking like they need to keep 7?
        The defense is playing really well, hopefully it isn't a reflection of how bad the offense is. The offense has a lot of players that have not played along side each other, they should get better in the coming weeks. Sanders is back playing in 7 on 7 and seems to be fine and ahead of schedule. Risner looks good, especially run blocking.
        I almost never watch the HOF game but this year I am going to try and watch the whole game. I am looking forward to seeing the rookie QBs play, I hope Hogan gets few or none snaps and we get to see Lock the most.
        sigpic

Comment

• svpearson
          Practice Squad
          • Sep 2005

Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
          Here is a good article about TC so far.
          Thanks for posting. I like the changes Fangio has introduced in practice\training camp. I wonder if other coaches styles of allowing music and coaching during plays is an attempt to be a "players coach"? I guess it will depend on how the players respond but I like this method better.

Comment

• Butler By'Note
            Super Moderator
            • Dec 2008

From what I've read it sounds like the offense won the day today. During the first 11 on 11 period in the Red Zone, Flacco hit Sutton for a TD on the first play. And on the second play Lindsay busted through for a TD.

I can't remember if it was today or yesterday, but apparently the O has was doing a lot of checkdowns, slants and quick passes. Which is good, when you need to start getting timing on the O it's best to start getting those little 5-7 yard passes going and get some rhythm there, and that will give you something to build on. Hopefully this is the start of them finding that chemistry.

The only worrisome thing is that injuries are starting to mount, Bug Howard went down with a left leg injury and is having an MRI. Butt appears in danger of being released soon, because of his struggles staying healthy. Hamilton tweaked a hamstring yesterday and was out today. Hopefully that's not a sign of things to come.

Comment

• Papa-pwn
              Captain
              • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
              From what I've read it sounds like the offense won the day today. During the first 11 on 11 period in the Red Zone, Flacco hit Sutton for a TD on the first play. And on the second play Lindsay busted through for a TD.

I can't remember if it was today or yesterday, but apparently the O has was doing a lot of checkdowns, slants and quick passes. Which is good, when you need to start getting timing on the O it's best to start getting those little 5-7 yard passes going and get some rhythm there, and that will give you something to build on. Hopefully this is the start of them finding that chemistry.

The only worrisome thing is that injuries are starting to mount, Bug Howard went down with a left leg injury and is having an MRI. Butt appears in danger of being released soon, because of his struggles staying healthy. Hamilton tweaked a hamstring yesterday and was out today. Hopefully that's not a sign of things to come.
              Saying the offense won today is taking it a bit far. The passing game just didnt look completely awful, which was a huge improvement.

Comment

• Fantaztic7
                Banned User
                • Dec 2015

Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post
                Saying the offense won today is taking it a bit far. The passing game just didnt look completely awful, which was a huge improvement.
                Overall the offense had a good day. The receivers ran good routes and caught the ball. Other than one false start, Bolles had a steong day against Chubb. McGovern needs to improve on shotgun snaps. The offense is a work in progress with new coaches, new quarterbacks, young receivers and offensive line all coming together. Let’s see if they can build on today with a strong day tomorrow.

Comment

• Butler By'Note
                  Super Moderator
                  • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post
                  I wasn't there, but the media reports consistently say that the offense won. No disrespect, but given your feelings on a certain QB, perhaps you grade at a harder level?

Comment

• Butler By'Note
                    Super Moderator
                    • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
                    Overall the offense had a good day. The receivers ran good routes and caught the ball. Other than one false start, Bolles had a steong day against Chubb. McGovern needs to improve on shotgun snaps. The offense is a work in progress with new coaches, new quarterbacks, young receivers and offensive line all coming together. Let’s see if they can build on today with a strong day tomorrow.
                    I think they should start trying Risner at centre. Let him have some reps and see how he looks. He started every game at centre during his 2015 season and K-State plays a gun spread-option offense, so those snaps shouldn't be an issue for him. They seem to have their 5, maybe that move would help strengthen it?

Comment

• Fantaztic7
                      Banned User
                      • Dec 2015

I think they should start trying Risner at centre. Let him have some reps and see how he looks. He started every game at centre during his 2015 season and K-State plays a gun spread-option offense, so those snaps shouldn't be an issue for him. They seem to have their 5, maybe that move would help strengthen it?
                      They could try it. If Munchak is set on starting McGovern at Center It might make sense to get him the bulk of the reps. Will be interesting to see if McGovern bounces back strong tomorrow.

Comment

• Butler By'Note
                        Super Moderator
                        • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
                        They could try it. If Munchak is set on starting McGovern at Center It might make sense to get him the bulk of the reps. Will be interesting to see if McGovern bounces back strong tomorrow.
                        If a centre can't get a shotgun snap back consistently then I'm not sure he can be a centre. He wasn't great at it last year, if it's still an issue after an entire offseason then it might be time to start looking.

Note that Vic Fangio actually called it out today during his presser. He said the QBs deserve some of the blame, but there have been too many bad snaps.

Comment

• EddieMac
                          Canuck Mod, eh!
                          • Feb 2004

Camp notes...

sigpic

Comment

• Fantaztic7
                            Banned User
                            • Dec 2015

If a centre can't get a shotgun snap back consistently then I'm not sure he can be a centre. He wasn't great at it last year, if it's still an issue after an entire offseason then it might be time to start looking.

Note that Vic Fangio actually called it out today during his presser. He said the QBs deserve some of the blame, but there have been too many bad snaps.
                            It’s another example of Fangio’s “death by inches”. I agree, if McGovern can’t consistently perform to the expectation then make a change.

Comment

• beastlyskronk
                              Football Immortal
                              • Jun 2007

Sounds like the secondary is going to be very strong this year. Lot of opportunities for these young guys to step up at ILB. Pass rush is going to be top notch if Walker can carry this momentum into the regular season.

The offense will get there and we should be able to rely on the run game while we sort out the passing attack.

Comment

• listopencil
                                Revenant
                                • Aug 2003

Denver waived defensive lineman Deyon Sizer in a corresponding roster move.

Broncos sign WR Nick Williams

Seems like we are turning over a lot of WR's this year.
                                Adopt-A-Bronco: Tim Patrick

Comment

Working...
                                X