Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    Iím really happy to see Cravens playing like he wants to be here, last year i got my hopes up but he didnít look like he was into it.
    Anything north of Eddie Kennison and Marquette King is serviceable as far as I'm concerned.

I hope this is just a way to keep Carter on the roster, and not indicative of where the ILBs are at. I am not looking forward to the inevitable Noah Fant/Devin Bush comparisons. Rookie tight ends usually take a while to take off, so hopefully ILB isn't a liability this year, and Bush doesn't win rookie of the year.

We've traditionally used Carter like a linebacker anyway. He basically played linebacker on a handful of plays in the Seattle game. He got a lot of action on both sides of the field (most of the safeties did), but wasn't involved on many plays. Took a bad angle on the Lynch TD run, but he was also in coverage when Lynch pump faked behind the LoS, so not a huge deal considering whoever was underneath crapped the bed. Cravens was the best safety on the team in that game by far. Nobody else really jumped out, or had a chance to. Dymonte Thomas looked good. If Carter is suffering lingering effects from his injury last year, I can see him not being as good or better than some of these guys. If I'm basing this on what I've seen from him in the past, I don't really get it. Fangio likes to move the secondary around a lot, so he's probably going to value rangy guys more, and I guess that would explain it. Right now though, Cravens is the only one I feel pretty good about.

Am I missing it or is Hogan not getting reps for 2nd day in a row?

Quote Originally Posted by RandyNWK View Post
    Am I missing it or is Hogan not getting reps for 2nd day in a row?
    You are correct. Lock all 2nd team, Rypien all 3rd team, and Hogan scout team. So technically I suppose he did get reps.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    You are correct. Lock all 2nd team, Rypien all 3rd team, and Hogan scout team. So technically I suppose he did get reps.
    Good maybe that means it will stick and we will only have to carry 2 QB this year.

Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    Iím really happy to see Cravens playing like he wants to be here, last year i got my hopes up but he didnít look like he was into it.
    I have to wonder how much had to do with the coaching staff and the injury. He was super excited early but then got hurt and probably started having second thoughts about coming back. But it looks like heís just having fun out there so far.

Edit: or maybe we just did better by him through his injury than Washington did
    Last edited by beastlyskronk; 08-12-2019 at 05:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    Probably just trying to find a way to get him on the field and see if he can make the team somewhere, also probably an indictment of our young ILBs. Carter isnít making the team at S. I think Cravens has that 4th spot locked up and we may not keep a 5th S this season unless Carter can stick at LB. I do expect Marshall to get rotated down there at LB as well
    I wouldn't count out Trey Marshall. He has looked good the little I have seen him this TC/preseason so far. Arizona tried to sign him off the PS last year so they moved him up to the 53 roster. He also seems to be a big part of the ST.

If Cravens makes the team, by week 6 he will be complaining about something on Instagram or faking an injury, I don't like the guy, and I don't think he has anything locked up to be honest. I would much prefer to go with one of these young safeties who are flying around giving their all, then allowing Cravens to make this team. I could handle his attitude if was good, but he just isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    I wouldn't count out Trey Marshall. He has looked good the little I have seen him this TC/preseason so far. Arizona tried to sign him off the PS last year so they moved him up to the 53 roster. He also seems to be a big part of the ST.
    If we do keep 5 Safeties, I definitely think Marshall has the lead. Jackson offers positional versatility so we could keep one less CB to accommodate Marshall. I do think Marshall is ahead of all the depth DBs save for Bausby. Johnson looked good in the HoF game and struggled against the size of Seattle in game 2. He may be the 5th CB but likely as a slot CB.

Quote Originally Posted by Bootleg View Post

I am Digging the New Head Coach ! I hope that he will be our HC for Decades !!

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    If we do keep 5 Safeties, I definitely think Marshall has the lead. Jackson offers positional versatility so we could keep one less CB to accommodate Marshall. I do think Marshall is ahead of all the depth DBs save for Bausby. Johnson looked good in the HoF game and struggled against the size of Seattle in game 2. He may be the 5th CB but likely as a slot CB.
    I could be way off, but I think if Carter shows some ability at ILB than he would have the inside spot for the 5th safety spot. That versatility goes a long way, and looking at the players they've said can flip between corner and safety (Jackson and Simmons), along with Hollins learning both ILB and OLB, they will be eager to keep players that can show the ability to play multiple spots.

No rookie haircuts this year:

"I just don't think it's right. I just don't believe in hazing," Fangio said, via The Athletic's Nicki Jhabvala. "There are traditions that stay put. Guys are getting up in front of the team and doing a little skit every night. Maybe a rookie's carrying somebody's pads off the field and so on, or bringing in the doughnuts or the breakfast. But nothing physical."
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...rcut-tradition

Quote Originally Posted by Bootleg View Post
    That was
    ďNever argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.Ē

― Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post
    I am Digging the New Head Coach ! I hope that he will be our HC for Decades !!
    Damn coach got no rythmn

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    I could be way off, but I think if Carter shows some ability at ILB than he would have the inside spot for the 5th safety spot. That versatility goes a long way, and looking at the players they've said can flip between corner and safety (Jackson and Simmons), along with Hollins learning both ILB and OLB, they will be eager to keep players that can show the ability to play multiple spots.
    I wasn't talking about Trey Marshall as #5 safety...I'm talking him as #4 safety.