Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    So today the offense was much much better and apparently owned the red zone period. There was also a brawl.

I wonder if people will focus on today as much as yesterday?

Meh. They sucked yesterday....undisciplined, no focus...

http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich

And with the end of today's practice Training Camp 2019 is officially over. Broncos play on Monday then they'll treat next week like a dress rehearsal for the season, which means game plans, so the week will be like a week of practice during the regular season. I'm not sure exactly what the week after that looks like, but I would guess a group that won't play in the last game will be preparing for Oakland, and the group that will play against the Cardinals will be preparing for that.

So today the offense was much much better and apparently owned the red zone period. There was also a brawl.

I wonder if people will focus on today as much as yesterday?
    Playing much much better than yesterday isnít saying a lot. Itís good that they bounced back with energy. Some players still lack discipline, for example Langley and Howard were kicked out of practice. Sounds like the left side of the line, Bolles/Risner played really well according to Elway. Thatís good to hear but raises a question about the right side (not based solely on today). If we use today and yesterday as examples of inconsistency with intensity, that looks like one Sunday coming out flat followed by bouncing back the next week.

How about stringing together more than one good day? If they come out strong Monday night that could be a sign theyíre moving in the right direction.
    Last edited by Fantaztic7; 08-17-2019 at 01:22 PM.

It's very early in this whole new Denver Broncos. And new from top to bottom. Even when you consider the vets who were here in the recent past- it's all new for them too. Listening to Mike Shanahan's presser makes me feel a little more at ease regarding where this team is right now. Hearing that our Broncos had more fight in them today also make me feel a little better. You can't survive in the NFL if you're not going to stand up for your self and your team mates.

Fantaz - yes it'd be good to string a couple good ones together - but at least they didn't string 2 bad ones together.

Just as the coaches, GM, Shanny, and anyone knowledgeable says, there are no short cuts, and its going to take time. If you haven't seen the shanny presser I highly recommend you search it up - it's just great to see him
    Red 98

The early bird may get the worm, but the 2nd mouse gets the cheese

Quote Originally Posted by dizzolve View Post
    It's very early in this whole new Denver Broncos. And new from top to bottom. Even when you consider the vets who were here in the recent past- it's all new for them too. Listening to Mike Shanahan's presser makes me feel a little more at ease regarding where this team is right now. Hearing that our Broncos had more fight in them today also make me feel a little better. You can't survive in the NFL if you're not going to stand up for your self and your team mates.

Fantaz - yes it'd be good to string a couple good ones together - but at least they didn't string 2 bad ones together.

Just as the coaches, GM, Shanny, and anyone knowledgeable says, there are no short cuts, and its going to take time. If you haven't seen the shanny presser I highly recommend you search it up - it's just great to see him
    The bold comment says a lot about how much fans have lowered expectations.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    How high are you expectations in year one? Without knowing really anything about the team?

By the way one of the Shanny pressers here - http://1043thefan.com/category/podca...n=Sandy+Clough hour 2 in the last quarter of the podcast. Gems of knowledge
    Red 98

I'm looking forward to see how the coaches tailor game plans to specific teams in the coming weeks. Typically the first preseason games are more implementing what we want to work on. Seeing Fangio and Scangarello get their dry run will be very intriguing.

Playing much much better than yesterday isn’t saying a lot. It’s good that they bounced back with energy. Some players still lack discipline, for example Langley and Howard were kicked out of practice. Sounds like the left side of the line, Bolles/Risner played really well according to Elway. That’s good to hear but raises a question about the right side (not based solely on today). If we use today and yesterday as examples of inconsistency with intensity, that looks like one Sunday coming out flat followed by bouncing back the next week.

How about stringing together more than one good day? If they come out strong Monday night that could be a sign they’re moving in the right direction.
    How about not getting so worked up about Friday's practice? Lindsay said it best, the Broncos came out expecting it to be practice (which it was) the 49ers came out treating it like a game, and they got pushed around. So Saturday they raised their level of intensity, and they had an excellent day.

I think you'd be hard pressed to find a football team at any level that didn't show inconsistency in practice if you judge it on a day to day level. The key is to make those days fewer and far between as the season goes on.

Regardless, camp is over now, and so making too much or too little of every little aspect of each day is gone. The media will no longer be able to watch every minute of every practice (I believe they now get 5-10 minutes of most days).

Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    I'm looking forward to see how the coaches tailor game plans to specific teams in the coming weeks. Typically the first preseason games are more implementing what we want to work on. Seeing Fangio and Scangarello get their dry run will be very intriguing.

That should be next week v the Rams. They'll treat that entire week exactly like a regular season week.

That should be next week v the Rams. They'll treat that entire week exactly like a regular season week.
    Except they play Niners on Monday and Rams on Saturday, right?

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    Except they play Niners on Monday and Rams on Saturday, right?
    Yep. Which I would guess means they'll skip the usual Tuesday day off that they have in the regular season, and Tuesday will be a light day of install/run through. Wednesday and Thursday will be regular practice days and then Friday is the day before run through.

How about not getting so worked up about Friday's practice? Lindsay said it best, the Broncos came out expecting it to be practice (which it was) the 49ers came out treating it like a game, and they got pushed around. So Saturday they raised their level of intensity, and they had an excellent day.

I think you'd be hard pressed to find a football team at any level that didn't show inconsistency in practice if you judge it on a day to day level. The key is to make those days fewer and far between as the season goes on.

Regardless, camp is over now, and so making too much or too little of every little aspect of each day is gone. The media will no longer be able to watch every minute of every practice (I believe they now get 5-10 minutes of most days).
    How about not not conflating commentary with being worked up? Your responses to criticism of the team seem defensive.

As far as not judging a team on a day to day level, I would generally agree. The fact is that the offense had multiple poor days in camp. That doesnít mean they havenít improved at all, but itís well documented the offense struggled.

If we see solid production from the starting offense over the next two preseason games, it should indicate theyíre improving.
    Last edited by Fantaztic7; 08-18-2019 at 11:24 AM.

11 wins in 2 seasons can do that to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco51 View Post
    11 wins in 2 seasons can do that to you.
    That certainly can happen.

How high are your expectations in year one? Without knowing really anything about the team.
    Red 98