Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 376
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Las Manzanitas, NM
    Posts
    30,764
    Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    So Lock instructed his agent to take the current deal to avoid missing camp time, and looked better than Hogan and Rypien on day 1. Where did all the guys who said he should shut up and be grateful to just be here go? I guess it just doesn't fit their narrative
    Good on Drew Lock for telling his agent to stop with the demands and sign the contract, so that he wouldn't miss any practice. It's a good sign for him. Time to play ball.

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    8,887
    Quote Originally Posted by sgriffeth78 View Post
    Andrew Mason tweeted that Kevin Hogan has had 3 INTís in todayís practice. Ouch...
    Bad for Hogan but maybe a good sign for the defense.

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    DENVER
    Posts
    7,126
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    Bad for Hogan but maybe a good sign for the defense.
    As far as I know, Lock is the only one of the four QBs without a turnover. Yet

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    8,887
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    As far as I know, Lock is the only one of the four QBs without a turnover. Yet
    Fangio was very critical of Lock with respect to his readiness as an NFL quarterback. Reports from camp said Lock has improved since OTAs. One reporter said Lockís play has impressed, counter to Fangioís assessment. Fangio has a long career of observing quarterbacks, so Iíll defer to his judgement.

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    14,234
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    As far as I know, Lock is the only one of the four QBs without a turnover. Yet
    He threw an interception yesterday on a deep pass. Which is good, I don't want any of us fans getting excited by a lack of turnovers by any of the QBs. I want them to make a few mistakes being aggressive and seeing what they can and can't get away with during games. If you've never tried to take the risk and make the throw in practice how can you know if you can make it if there's a chance during a game?

    As for Hogan, two schools of thought: 1. He's probably not making the team at this point, and he's 1-2 bad days away from the Broncos moving on and adding someone else. 2. I like what Fangio said to Klis about it "why can't we consider those good plays made by the defence?"

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    14,234
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    Fangio was very critical of Lock with respect to his readiness as an NFL quarterback. Reports from camp said Lock has improved since OTAs. One reporter said Lock’s play has impressed, counter to Fangio’s assessment. Fangio has a long career of observing quarterbacks, so I’ll defer to his judgement.
    I think Fangio is leaving no doubt that Lock has a lot of work left to do, even if he is doing well so far. And I think this is also his way of letting everyone know that there will be no QB controversy. Flacco is his guy now.

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    8,887
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    I think Fangio is leaving no doubt that Lock has a lot of work left to do, even if he is doing well so far. And I think this is also his way of letting everyone know that there will be no QB controversy. Flacco is his guy now.
    Good points. Fangio also acknowledged Lock had to play under duress a lot in college which led to making plays on the run. Itís no surprise heíll have to continue honing his footwork and skills in the pocket. Heís working hard and one reporter said heís always on the hip of coach McCartney to learn. I think any comparisons to Lynch should be dismissed. If Lock fails it wonít be due to lack of effort.

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    14,234
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    Good points. Fangio also acknowledged Lock had to play under duress a lot in college which led to making plays on the run. It’s no surprise he’ll have to continue honing his footwork and skills in the pocket. He’s working hard and one reporter said he’s always on the hip of coach McCartney to learn. I think any comparisons to Lynch should be dismissed. If Lock fails it won’t be due to lack of effort.
    I wouldn't be shocked if he asks Manning for pointers (if he hasn't already) when Peyton makes his annual camp appearance. I could be wrong, but it seems like Lock is willing to do anything it takes to get better, and Manning seems like a guy who would be willing to lend a hand.

    I'm not asking for much, but if Manning could just teach him how exactly to diagnose a defense presnap to the level Peyton did, and how to always put himself into the best play for the situation, that would be good.

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Las Manzanitas, NM
    Posts
    30,764
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    I wouldn't be shocked if he asks Manning for pointers (if he hasn't already) when Peyton makes his annual camp appearance. I could be wrong, but it seems like Lock is willing to do anything it takes to get better, and Manning seems like a guy who would be willing to lend a hand.

    I'm not asking for much, but if Manning could just teach him how exactly to diagnose a defense presnap to the level Peyton did, and how to always put himself into the best play for the situation, that would be good.
    It seems that in Indy, Peyton used mostly balanced 11 personnel formations with no motion and used the playclock to get the pre-snap read and communicate his playcall. It's polar opposite to WCO which wants to dictate to D through the use of formations in which each eligible player is told exactly where to line up, motion and what route to run, if pass, which is why their playcalls are so long.

    When he got to Denver, he used more different formations including some unbalanced like Bunch. When Kubiak arrived in 2015, Peyton ran some kind of cross between his style and WCO including more snaps from under Center.

    Peyton could teach Drew a lot about how to read fronts and coverages, but I don't think the current O is one that will have much opportunity for changing plays based on the pre-snap read. We'll see how it turns out, but I'm guessing Sangarello's O, which he will call from the box, will require the QB to communicate the play in the huddle, get everyone lined up right, and run what was called, especially if Lock is in.

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Eastern Seaboard
    Posts
    2,922
    I am glad Lock signed, he has a lot of work to do to become an NFL QB.

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The 5280
    Posts
    12,225
    Training camp this morning, whatís wrong with this picture?

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    DENVER
    Posts
    7,126
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Training camp this morning, whatís wrong with this picture?
    A lack of shade, among other things

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    7,735
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    A lack of shade, among other things
    http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l7...amp69/asdf.jpg
    "Let's just give them Keenum for an, "I owe you".

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    7,735
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Training camp this morning, what’s wrong with this picture?
    Please tell me that's NOT a Bronco wearing a Chiefs jersey and fbing on his phone.
    http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l7...amp69/asdf.jpg
    "Let's just give them Keenum for an, "I owe you".

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Nelson, BC
    Posts
    17,737
    Hahaha. A very bad at his job chiefs spy? Filming practice?

    Josh mcD. Is that you?
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

    Adopted Broncos: Garett Bolles

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •