• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Butler By'Note
    Super Moderator
    • Dec 2008

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    Miller can do that to anybody so it isn’t surprising. James is good and this will be great for him in the long run. McGovern for as much as he can lift seems to struggle anchoring against power. Walker has a lot of talent, this could be him putting it all together, we will see soon. Regardless Bolles does need to take another step this year
    That's been a thing in Denver just about forever. I can't remember any centers in the last 20 years that could anchor well when bull rushed by a big powerful NT.

Comment

• Butler By'Note
      Super Moderator
      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
      It’s funny but was able to get close enough to over hear Mike saying that he knew all the offensive plays. It was not because he Recognized them but I guess the verbiage of each call is still pretty similar to when he ran things.

Not good if we’re playing the 49ers in any big games in the not to distant future.

They'd just have to stay away from running a no huddle, or change the calls for that and the audibles.

Surely this coaching staff can't be Bill Callahan stupid?

Comment

• Peanut
        ModNut
        • Jan 2007

Lol yeah a lot of folks are giving the crap but in a joking manner.
        I can relate to the Chiefs fan. I've thought about going to the Redskins/Ravens TC just because it's football. We did take our daughter to the Patriots TC one year. Yes, I wore Broncos stuff. Yes, I got those looks.

Mike Shanahan is here and on the field as well with Vic Fangio and John Elway?
        Awesome. I heard he was going to be there.

Von Miller beat Juwan James quite a bit today in fact I think James is still out there looking for him.

Connor McGovern was bull rushed by Harris And DeMarcus Marcus walker look like an all pro when going up against Garrett Bolles. In fact walker spun Bolles around and Bolles ended up hugging Joe Flacco.

Not such a good day for the O-line in practice drills.

Thanks for the pictures and reports, everyone.
        Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month

Lupus Awareness Month

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• orange crush75
          Captain
          • Feb 2006

Yeah thank you very much for the updates everyone . It's very insightful for those that cant be there to watch . 👍

Comment

• Kyousukeneko
            Football Immortal
            • May 2010

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
            It seems that in Indy, Peyton used mostly balanced 11 personnel formations with no motion and used the playclock to get the pre-snap read and communicate his playcall. It's polar opposite to WCO which wants to dictate to D through the use of formations in which each eligible player is told exactly where to line up, motion and what route to run, if pass, which is why their playcalls are so long.

When he got to Denver, he used more different formations including some unbalanced like Bunch. When Kubiak arrived in 2015, Peyton ran some kind of cross between his style and WCO including more snaps from under Center.

Peyton could teach Drew a lot about how to read fronts and coverages, but I don't think the current O is one that will have much opportunity for changing plays based on the pre-snap read. We'll see how it turns out, but I'm guessing Sangarello's O, which he will call from the box, will require the QB to communicate the play in the huddle, get everyone lined up right, and run what was called, especially if Lock is in.

i hope your wrong here, all offenses need little changes and queues depending on what it is going on. Sang is gonna probably be like kyles or mcvays and have alot of plays out of one look on offense then let the QB do minor switches depending on the play.
            sigpic
            oakland raders gm
            latavis murray trade bait

Comment

• JvDub95
              Football Immortal
              • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
              [/B]

i hope your wrong here, all offenses need little changes and queues depending on what it is going on. Sang is gonna probably be like kyles or mcvays and have alot of plays out of one look on offense then let the QB do minor switches depending on the play.
              I think there will be multiple options on every play. There will be the play called but I'm going to assume every QB will have the cheat sheet on the wrist. Scang will call the play and say if you this or that then audible to option "x". I disagree with Sam, I think the O will have the capability required to confuse and upset defense's

​​​​

Comment

• gtown53
                All-Pro
                • Apr 2008

Did I hear correctly that Cracraft and Fumagalli are both hurt?

Comment

• Fantaztic7
                  Banned User
                  • Dec 2015

Originally posted by gtown53 View Post
                  Did I hear correctly that Cracraft and Fumagalli are both hurt?
                  Yes, Cracraft could be out a week with an injured oblique. Fumagalli is day to day with sore hip.

Comment

• Murph2432
                    Playmaker
                    • Sep 2008

Just read that Bolles sacked Flacco on a weird play. Sounds like Bolles is going to suck again

Comment

• Butler By'Note
                      Super Moderator
                      • Dec 2008

One of my favourite things that I've read about Fangio this year is how he's throwing rookies, even UDFA players in to get first team reps. When asked about it he said that he wants to see what the rookies can do against guys who are a lot further along than they are. Can they show that the situation isn't too big for them? And can they look like they belong?

An example of this was from today when UDFA LB Josh Watson was in for first team reps with the base D, and the Broncos had him calling the defensive plays in the huddle for that situation.

That's a great outlook from a Head Coach. And it will benefit Denver going forward, both in finding and keeping gems but also in future years when it comes to signing UDFA players after the draft. If they know they can sign in Denver and get a legitimate look in all situations and with all players, then players will choose the Broncos over other teams.
                      Last edited by Butler By'Note; 07-20-2019, 07:22 PM.

Comment

• skeeter01
                        Football Immortal
                        • Apr 2008

Originally posted by Murph2432 View Post
                        Just read that Bolles sacked Flacco on a weird play. Sounds like Bolles is going to suck again
                        Yeah , I'm afraid we will need to pick a left tackle again next year....but......maybe, Bolles is a little confused with Munchak, and it's going to take a little bit of time for his coaching to sink in and by mid season, we'll see that take effect. I think I just read that Bolles didn't have much time as a starter in college ? And remember, he started hitting his stride last year a little bit past the half way point. One can hope

Comment

• -Rod-
                          #TeamBroncos
                          • Mar 2008

Bolles already is a great tackler, and now he's even getting sacks. He might have a future as a defensive tackle.
                          sigpic

Comment

• samparnell
                            Soy Capitan Meshpoint
                            • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
                            [/B]

Just guessing. That post was in response to one of Butler's in which he hoped Peyton would teach Drew how to read fronts and coverages pre-snap. In Indy and in Denver pre-Kubiak, what Peyton did was pretty unique to him. The O he ran in Indy was very low volume and he audibled the whole thing based on pre-snap read.

That's about as far away from WCO concepts as one can get in offensive football. Did Joe Montana call his own plays when he played for Bill Walsh? Did John Elway call his own plays when Mike Shanahan was his HC and Gary Kubiak was his OC? There can be checks depending on the read, but I think most of what is run will be what Rich Scangarello calls from the box. WCO substitutes reaction to the script for pre-snap reads & audibles. Like I said before, we'll see what happens.
                            "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• EddieMac
                              Canuck Mod, eh!
                              • Feb 2004

good summary about today:

Last edited by EddieMac; 07-20-2019, 08:25 PM.
                              sigpic

Comment

• Al Wilson 4 Mayor
                                team preacher
                                • Mar 2008

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                                Good for him. He pulled the plug on his agent's gambit and didn't miss any practices. He seems intent on giving his best effort. Time to play ball.
                                Yes sir.......
                                sigpic
                                Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

Working...
                                X