Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CTM View Post
    Nice to hear about Wilkinson. I had no idea who he was until I saw Rick talking about him. He's been here since 2017. Sounds like he's lost weight and is very athletic for his size. He's listed at 6'6 328 so he could certainly have dropped a few, increase his quickness, and still be at a good playing weight for a tackle. Wonder if he's a guy who could legitimately push Bolles for the LT spot.
    Eli Wilkinson had seven starts at RG last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    I love the idea and hopefully Elway is on board with it if it’s really an option!
    Sonds like Wilkinson is the top candidate for Swing Tackle.

So I just read Peter King's column, and quickly remembered why I quit reading it. It's an awful bloated mess that's too dedicated to himself, rather than just covering football. But I digress, anyway I read it because it talked about Broncos camp. And while he didn't say much of note, under a quote from Fangio (the one about Lock) he did feel the need to write in a caption about how Lock has "started camp quite shaky."

I'm a little surprised by that because no one has said anything close to that. There have been things about rookie mistakes, but everyone seems to have a generally positive review on him. Has anyone who's been to camp seen Lock as being shaky? Or is King just trying to create a storyline that isn't there?

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    So I just read Peter King's column, and quickly remembered why I quit reading it. It's an awful bloated mess that's too dedicated to himself, rather than just covering football. But I digress, anyway I read it because it talked about Broncos camp. And while he didn't say much of note, under a quote from Fangio (the one about Lock) he did feel the need to write in a caption about how Lock has "started camp quite shaky."

I'm a little surprised by that because no one has said anything close to that. There have been things about rookie mistakes, but everyone seems to have a generally positive review on him. Has anyone who's been to camp seen Lock as being shaky? Or is King just trying to create a storyline that isn't there?
    I’ve not had the opportunity to be at camp as a few here, so it’s difficult to really say without much tape. From everything I’ve read and limited highlights, Lock is where we expected him to be. One reporter said Lock has really excelled with learning the plays. He’s made a couple of the biggest plays in camp. He’s been inconsistent as someone else commented here - wows with an amazing play followed by a poor one. One area I read he needs to change is throwing side arm when he shouldn’t (trying to be Mahomes), which can lead to inaccuracy. Either Day 3 or yesterday he finished strong going 5-5.

I think Peter King’s take us off base. Does Lock have a lot of room for growth? Yes, but far from “shaky” IMO.
    Last edited by Fantaztic7; 07-22-2019 at 05:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post

It's the Lynch hangover. He will be compared to what Lynch did/didn't do until he earns the starting job. I've been out there a few times and he has performed just like a project should. He needs coaching up, but it's nothing to be concerned about....yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco51 View Post
    It's the Lynch hangover. He will be compared to what Lynch did/didn't do until he earns the starting job. I've been out there a few times and he has performed just like a project should. He needs coaching up, but it's nothing to be concerned about....yet.
    Exactly right. Lock IS a 2nd Round "Project" who by virtue of being a Rookie will be "shaky", as all rookies are. We'll know in a week and a half exactly where Lock is when he gets playing time in the Hall of Fame game. I wouldn't get too excited about the word "shaky" from an outside sports columnist.

Hamilton just had an insane, OBJ-esque, 1-handed catch

The o line wont get better over night. Its gonna take time.

How has fant looked?

Wish we could talk indy into trading nelson for bolles and cravens and a 3rd?
    Glen Haven Fire

Quote Originally Posted by armedequation View Post
    The o line wont get better over night. Its gonna take time.

How has fant looked?

Wish we could talk indy into trading nelson for bolles and cravens and a 3rd?
    I wouldn’t oppose trading Bolles, and send Su’a Craven’s immature rump back to Washington for Trent Williams!

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    Juwaan Winfree - getting a vibe like Phillip Lindsay during last year’s TC. Hope he keeps it going.
    I've been waiting to see what Winfree can do after watching highlights of him on Youtube. Check this out:

Quote Originally Posted by listopencil View Post
    I've been waiting to see what Winfree can do after watching highlights of him on Youtube. Check this out:

I'm a little worried that he sat out today. His issue in college was an inability to stay healthy. From everything I've read he's had a very strong first 4 days, it would be a shame to see that derailed. Hopefully he's on the field on Wednesday.

Quote Originally Posted by listopencil View Post
    Great highlight! Would like to see him torch the Raiders to open the season! Let’s hope he’s ok after taking today off.
    Last edited by Fantaztic7; 07-22-2019 at 06:18 PM.

As for the oline, is it possible that Chubb and Miller can make anybody look bad?

Quote Originally Posted by BayArea Bronco View Post
    As for the oline, is it possible that Chubb and Miller can make anybody look bad?
    They can make anyone look bad. Correct me if I’m wrong, but the offensive line cannot cut block in practice so the outside linebackers and defensive linemen have an advantage.

The truth is the Defense always wins the first few days of TC I would not put anything into stock in reference the O-Line at least not right now.