Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    Two weeks tonight. But who's counting?....

Man I missed Broncos football!
    Man I forgot they moved the HOf game to Mid week instead of Sunday night.

From what I've read the crowd was sparse today, and it seems like there's not a lot of info being reported, not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing? Maybe people just aren't ready for football yet?

As from what I've seen reported: The top 3 QBs all had interceptions at some point today, so we won't have any false hope being built about no interceptions being thrown like last year.

Lock and Langley hooked up on a 50 yard bomb.

Lindsay had the first carry of team period and made a great cut to get himself into the clear

Sanders looks really good running routes (I don't think he did any team stuff today)

Sutton had some drops today. Sanders did his best to talk him up after they happened. Fangio kind of joked about it during his press conference.

Bug Howard (sick) and Wadman (family issues) were both excused, Todd Davis seems to be the only player that left due to injury, it's his calf, he will have an MRI but it appears to be minor.

According to Allbright: Yiadom, Langley, Bausby and RB Devontae Jackson were the stories of the day. Langley with the long TD catch, Yiadom and Bausby both with interceptions.
    I just think it's too early to report much yet. it's still just the first day.

Quote Originally Posted by #87Birdman View Post
    I think the low attendance mostly has to do with temperature. The forecast all week was for 100 today. People don't make plans to sit in 100 degree weather with no shade. I imagine it will be low tomorrow as well. The weekend will see a large increase. I'll be there for Sundays practice and may swing by Saturdays.

The excitement of the town is definitely higher than it was last year in regards to the team. The media needs to relax on this topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel B. View Post
    Broncos LB Todd Davis (calf tear) to miss 3-to-4 weeks

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...iss-3to4-weeks

The Denver Broncos got their first injury scare of training camp on the opening day of practice.

Linebacker Todd Davis was carted from practice Thursday with a calf injury, NFL Network's James Palmer reported. An MRI later revealed a partial calf tear, per NFL Network's Tom Pelissero. With the injury, Davis is expected to miss three-to-four weeks, meaning he will be back in plenty of time for Week 1.

The 27-year-old Davis is a key member of the middle of a Broncos defense that is thin at the inside linebacker spot, and he is essential as an early-down run-stuffer. A full-time starter the past three seasons, Davis compiled 114 tackles, an interception and half a sack in 2018.

New Broncos coach Vic Fangio expects big things from Davis in the middle of his defense once again this season. Hopefully, those plans didn't get off to a rocky start, and the calf issue is a minor setback.
    Thanks for the update Mel.

On a plus note, itís a good time to give Alexander Johnson an in depth look.

Perhaps even Síua Cravens in a versatile role!

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    Ill probably make this weekend
    Who/what are you going to be concentrating on?

Looking forward to your reports. Thanks.
    Administrator

#LupusAwareness

Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe --- I adopted: Everyone!

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

So after listening to Drew Lock's presser today, I've decided any comparisons between him and Lynch are just lazy and inaccurate. Lynch was notorious for never wanting to put in the extra work. Meanwhile what Lock did during the "vacation" period:
    He and Scangarello went over the footwork for every play, he then took home film of all of the 49ers QBs from last year with their footwork. Then he went through the playbook matching the footwork and then went out and would recreate the footwork for each play.

He also had the all of the calls being mic'd in recorded from spring camp and listened to them over and over so that he'd get to know them completely, and so he could practice calling them.

He may or may not end up being the Broncos QB of the future, but it really doesn't sound like an unwillingness to put in the work will be something that does him in.

Yup, every year we start with soooo much excitement mixed with depression and hope.

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BRONCOS!!!!!
    Last edited by BANJOPICKER1; 07-18-2019 at 05:44 PM.

This has some highlights. The Lock to Langley TD is the second or third clip.

https://twitter.com/Broncos/status/1152008902277337088

So after listening to Drew Lock's presser today, I've decided any comparisons between him and Lynch are just lazy and inaccurate. Lynch was notorious for never wanting to put in the extra work. Meanwhile what Lock did during the "vacation" period:
    He and Scangarello went over the footwork for every play, he then took home film of all of the 49ers QBs from last year with their footwork. Then he went through the playbook matching the footwork and then went out and would recreate the footwork for each play.

He also had the all of the calls being mic'd in recorded from spring camp and listened to them over and over so that he'd get to know them completely, and so he could practice calling them.

He may or may not end up being the Broncos QB of the future, but it really doesn't sound like an unwillingness to put in the work will be something that does him in.
    Lock has dispayed a very obvious work ethic since he got to Mizzou. I didn't know this until it looked like we were eyeballing him but looking into his career in college; improving every year as a QB while undergoing playbook and OC changes each year spoke to his work ethic. Then you listen to him speak from even freshman year and you could tell he has a good head on his shoulders.

I've maintained since then that if he fails it wont be for lack of talent or lack of effort. Needless to say, I'm pretty optimistic about his development.

This has some highlights. The Lock to Langley TD is the second or third clip.

https://twitter.com/Broncos/status/1152008902277337088
    Haven't seen throws like that around here in a while

Quote Originally Posted by andrewmlb View Post
    I live in Florida, so please post as much info as possible as I am not "in the loop" for latest info. What publications do you all normally frequent to get your latest news fix?
    There are a lot of sources - I like to use the Bleacher Report app as it provides a Twitter feed with the local media and links to articles from other sites.

I also steam 104.3 The Fan out of Denver. Agree or disagree with the opinions of the hosts itís a way to get some of the news from camp.

For those concerned with the lack of news coming out of camp - Nicki Jhabvala reported the Broncos updated media protocols. She said the media was adjusting with some of the rules so it may take some time. I donít know the details.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    For those concerned with the lack of news coming out of camp - Nicki Jhabvala reported the Broncos updated media protocols. She said the media was adjusting with some of the rules so it may take some time. I don’t know the details.
    That makes more sense. Even with a smaller crowd the regular media in attendance have usually been very good with updates during camp.

I hope Hollins fills in for Davis. If he is going to be a potential nickel backer for us, I'd get him as much run as possible just in case.

I really like the pick in the 2nd Round ! I think Drew Lock will be Denver's Starting QB in 2-3 Years and I can see Lock Holding it down for the Next 15 Years After !! That would be Sweet Right to get our Franchise QB in the 2nd Round ??