Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast
    Every rep used with Hogan is a rep wasted. The reps need to go to Lock and Rypien. Itís one thing to have a veteran with a decent body of work as a potential backup. Hogan has four years in the league with one start, 4 TDs and 7 INTs. I donít think heís played in a game since the middle of the 2017 season. Heís played marginally better after a horrible start to camp. I think weíll see reps steadily increase for Lock and hopefully Rypien as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    How many days have you attended and what have you read? Lock has been easily, at worst, the #2 QB since day one. He outperforms Flacco at times as well. The biggest gripe on him has been from a mechanical point of view but it has been said that the coaches aren't even all that concerned with changing his footwork. They believe it is fine how it is.

Lynch levels of bad = scrambling during 7 on 7s. Lock has not done that, but he has thrown the least amount of interceptions and rhe most TDs in the 4 practices I've attended. Against mostly 3s and 2s, albeit, but still worth noting. He hasn't exceeded my expectations of his rookie camp, but he's matched them. So has every other QB on the roster. Flacco, average at best. Hogan, awful. Rypien, struggling to make a practice squad.
    Have the dropped passes and problems with snaps contributed to Flaccoís average play? Or do those issues not factor into your assessment?

How many days have you attended and what have you read? Lock has been easily, at worst, the #2 QB since day one. He outperforms Flacco at times as well. The biggest gripe on him has been from a mechanical point of view but it has been said that the coaches aren't even all that concerned with changing his footwork. They believe it is fine how it is.

Lynch levels of bad = scrambling during 7 on 7s. Lock has not done that, but he has thrown the least amount of interceptions and rhe most TDs in the 4 practices I've attended. Against mostly 3s and 2s, albeit, but still worth noting. He hasn't exceeded my expectations of his rookie camp, but he's matched them. So has every other QB on the roster. Flacco, average at best. Hogan, awful. Rypien, struggling to make a practice squad.
    I haven't been to any, but with quotes of Fangio saying that he isn't an NFL QB right now is a pretty straightforward statement that he's flat out not ready yet. It's fine, but I had a small hope that he would be be farther along than he is now since I believe we will need him soon.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    I haven't been to any, but with quotes of Fangio saying that he isn't an NFL QB right now is a pretty straightforward statement that he's flat out not ready yet. It's fine, but I had a small hope that he would be be farther along than he is now since I believe we will need him soon.
    From the limited reps feom todayís practice Lock played well as far as I could tell.

Consider your comment with what Fangio said early in camp:

"His college offense had no carryover to pro offenses. He was under duress a lot in college, so a lot of his plays he was running around. I don't think he's as far along being an NFL-ready QB as he could have been."

Lock simply needs to accelerate the learning curve. From all accounts heís putting the work into his craft. One reporter said heís consistently the first player on the field and one of the last to leave. I think weíll see him steadily get more reps with the 2s.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    As butler already stated, that could be to squash any QB controversy. The problem Lock is having right now is his different throwing motions, Fangio wants him to throw over his head with a quicker release.

Lock can and does do just that at times but then heíll follow it up with a side armed Pat Mahomes type pass that hits the ground.

Lock needs to get used to throwing the ball over head with a quicker release and put in the work to get better timing.

Like anything else in life, itís just a matter of practice and getting used to. Heíll definitely be better!
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 07-26-2019 at 07:30 PM.

How did you like that fifty yarder to courtland Sutton from Flacco today

Pretty average tight spiral right.
    Last edited by crabcruncher; 07-26-2019 at 08:03 PM.

You guys it's only been a week of practice lol. Cant expect Lock to better then Flacco at this moment. Flacco has years on him in this setting. From what I've read and saw , Lock is fine . Have some patience.

More Notes I Found:

-DeMarcus Walker has put together a pretty good camp so far, apparently the coaching change, and bulking up has done him well. He got some reps with the ones today. Would be great if he finally breaks through to be a part of the rotation.

-The 6th spot in the receiving core (If they keep 6) seems to be a spirited battle between Kelvin McKnight (5'8, 186), Trinity Benson (6 feet, 180) and Brendan Langley (6 feet, 199). Should be a fun battle to watch, with this spot likely being determined by which looks most dangerous as a returner.

-The TE spot appears like it will be used heavily in this offence. Which after the last 5 years would be a welcome sight. At this stage it's hard to see Jake Butt making the roster, unless they throw him on IR to see if he can return midseason, if they need TE help. Again should be a fun battle to watch as we see the 4 players try to earn 3 spots, or force the team to keep 4 TEs. Perhaps we'll see one of them start to play some backup FB to give them a reason to keep 4?
    Last edited by Butler By'Note; 07-26-2019 at 09:43 PM.

Rypien and Hogan have looked borderline awful. Rypien might not even make it onto a practice squad if his camp continues this way.
    Sweet. I've been to two practices and seen what is going in camp. Rypien is outplaying Lock in reps he gets. How many have you been to?

Where are you getting your info on Rypien by the way? I know you love Lock and I agree that his ceiling is higher than Rypien but as it stands today, Rypien is the better QB and it's not close.
    Last edited by JW7; 07-27-2019 at 07:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JW7 View Post
    Correct. As I mentioned after the draft, Rypien will end up being the #2 on the team this year.
    I think you stole my line. After the draft, I called for Lock @ QB3, Rypian @ QB2 with Flacco QB1. Lock will compete for QB1 next year after cementing the good work ethic he is showing on a daily basis, practicing the proper footwork and throwing motion for a year, developing an under center method of playing football and furthering his development of reading defenses. Then, we will have our Pat M. next year. The young pieces on offense will be mature , the OL will be fortified....watch out....we'll be an offense that has to be upper echelon.

You guys are in for a real treat, and in some cases an enlightenment. Joe can make all the throws and some many QBs canít. Seems he has a better group of receivers than heís ever had and should do really well this year.

what were those little black bottles they all drank before they started?
    Red 98

The early bird may get the worm, but the 2nd mouse gets the cheese

I hope to see Flacco - and some Fant. Just kinda see what it's gonna look like

stream is down now I guess - ....... we don't get to watch
    Last edited by dizzolve; 07-27-2019 at 01:09 PM.
    Red 98

The early bird may get the worm, but the 2nd mouse gets the cheese

Dang we cant watch it ?? It just cut off

From todayís live updates:

- Risner mauled the defense.

- Fangio liked progress from Flacco but said he must be more efficient. Drops are an issue and disappointed with 12 penalties.

- Fangio on Lock: ďHe had some good periods here today. I think he did his best work in 7-on-7, which isnít football. But itís progress. You need to see that progress in 11-on-11 and then ultimately in games. But, heís getting better."

- Read a comment that Hollins is playing well - any details from those who attended camp yesterday and today?

- McManus kicked some good FGs.

- James will practice tomorrow. Sounds like Wilkinson has had a good camp.

- From limited amount of live updates on Rypien, sounds like he made some some plays.

- Fangio has been very pleased with Chubb.

Any other standouts from today?