Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast
    Dalton Risner should have been a 1st round pick, he is solid. I can see him being our best O-lineman by the end of the season
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    Dalton Risner should have been a 1st round pick, he is solid. I can see him being our best O-lineman by the end of the season
    He is probably the best one right now.

Risner, dude; get you some!!

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    i think we should call him route 66. :d
    yes!!!! I love it!!!

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    I think Leary might own that title, he just is way too injury prone.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    Based on the limited game snaps we've seen so far, it looks that way to me. He's got that essential trait of a great O-Lineman; he hits like a ton of bricks.

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. — Through actions, if not the head coach’s words, Drew Lock has been promoted to No. 2 quarterback.

And another Broncos’ rookie, Brett Rypien, is the new No. 3 QB.

Kevin Hogan, the veteran who had been No. 2 through the entire offseason and first three weeks of training camp, is now the scout team quarterback.

At least that’s how the team reps were divvied up Sunday as the Broncos returned to practice following their preseason game Thursday at Seattle.

Is that how we should say it, coach Vic Fangio?

“I’m not,’’ Fangio said. “You can, but I’m not.”

For clarity, Joe Flacco still took all the snaps with the first-team offense. He also had arguably his most effective practice to date as his deep and intermediate passing sliced up the Broncos’ No. 2 defense.

But even if there was no official depth chart shakeup pronouncement from Fangio, Lock took every snap with the second-team offense. And he was followed by Rypien.

It’s possible Hogan is still the No. 2 quarterback but relegated to a holding pattern. But it’s also apparent the team is giving Lock and Rypien every opportunity to make enough plays to beat Hogan out.

Actions say this is no longer a competition for the No. 2 quarterback because it’s no longer about Hogan. It’s about whether Lock proves he can continue to develop into a quarterback who would be one play away from replacing Flacco in an NFL regular-season game.

If Lock builds on his encouraging preseason performance from Thursday night against Seattle, Hogan is in trouble. If Lock looks more like the quarterback who struggled in the preseason opener Aug. 8 against Atlanta, Hogan could survive by default.

This week may resolve the issue as besides the final two open-to-public training camp practices Monday and Tuesday at UCHealth Training Center, and closed practice Thursday, the Broncos will have joint practices with the San Francisco 49ers on Friday and Saturday, followed by a preseason game Monday night at Broncos Stadium at Mile High.

The Broncos’ braintrust will have a pretty fair evaluation of Lock by then. Until then, Hogan has little choice but to hang with ‘em.
    Last edited by broncos SB2010; 08-11-2019 at 08:16 PM.

Thatís really interesting, going into the 3rd game of the preseason.

Jamal Carter getting a shot at ILB is an interesting move. I was thinking Cravens to this spot but Carter gives us speed at that spot something weíre lacking despite being undersized.

Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    Jamal Carter getting a shot at ILB is an interesting move. I was thinking Cravens to this spot but Carter gives us speed at that spot something weíre lacking despite being undersized.
    If D plays one gap/spill, team speed to the playside boundary is essential.

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    If D plays one gap/spill, team speed to the playside boundary is essential.
    Iím a little concerned whether we have the tackles to keep a guy like Carter clean.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Iím a little concerned whether we have the tackles to keep a guy like Carter clean.
    Thatís the one thing that stands out when i look at our defense and Chicagoís, obviously the ILBís but Akiem Hicks and Eddie Goldman are big athletic guys both 320+, only guy we got like them is Kerr. Justin Smith and Ray McDonald did play well in Fangioís d in SF

Probably just trying to find a way to get him on the field and see if he can make the team somewhere, also probably an indictment of our young ILBs. Carter isnít making the team at S. I think Cravens has that 4th spot locked up and we may not keep a 5th S this season unless Carter can stick at LB. I do expect Marshall to get rotated down there at LB as well

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    Probably just trying to find a way to get him on the field and see if he can make the team somewhere, also probably an indictment of our young ILBs. Carter isnít making the team at S. I think Cravens has that 4th spot locked up and we may not keep a 5th S this season unless Carter can stick at LB. I do expect Marshall to get rotated down there at LB as well
    Iím really happy to see Cravens playing like he wants to be here, last year i got my hopes up but he didnít look like he was into it.

Iím really happy to see Cravens playing like he wants to be here, last year i got my hopes up but he didnít look like he was into it.
    Agreed, he's got the talent to be a known commodity he just has to get right mentally and it appears he's getting there

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco