Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    I hope Hollins fills in for Davis. If he is going to be a potential nickel backer for us, I'd get him as much run as possible just in case.

I hope somebody steps up to be honest I am not a Todd Davis Fan so if this helps to show him the door out so be it.

So Lock instructed his agent to take the current deal to avoid missing camp time, and looked better than Hogan and Rypien on day 1. Where did all the guys who said he should shut up and be grateful to just be here go? I guess it just doesn't fit their narrative

Quote Originally Posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post
    I hope somebody steps up to be honest I am not a Todd Davis Fan so if this helps to show him the door out so be it.
    Alexander Johnson BABY!!!

That’d be great wouldn’t it?
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 07-19-2019 at 07:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    Lock has dispayed a very obvious work ethic since he got to Mizzou. I didn't know this until it looked like we were eyeballing him but looking into his career in college; improving every year as a QB while undergoing playbook and OC changes each year spoke to his work ethic. Then you listen to him speak from even freshman year and you could tell he has a good head on his shoulders.

I've maintained since then that if he fails it wont be for lack of talent or lack of effort. Needless to say, I'm pretty optimistic about his development.
    Didn't you see in the other thread, he obviously has ego and is all.about me for trying to get a better contract(not more money).

Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    So Lock instructed his agent to take the current deal to avoid missing camp time, and looked better than Hogan and Rypien on day 1. Where did all the guys who said he should shut up and be grateful to just be here go? I guess it just doesn't fit their narrative
    I'm right here. Real easy to make that statement in hindsight. Typically players who make contract demands or holdout stick to their guns and there was a valid concern he would miss time. Good on Drew Lock for wanting to be there at the start of camp. Makes me respect him a lot more.

Quote Originally Posted by JW7 View Post
    I'm right here. Real easy to make that statement in hindsight. Typically players who make contract demands or holdout stick to their guns and there was a valid concern he would miss time. Good on Drew Lock for wanting to be there at the start of camp. Makes me respect him a lot more.
    Well there was never a holdout, and there were negotiations like every contract that is worked on. Without having first hand information Lock was unfairly criticized on here. 22 year old kid in a relatively dangerous profession tried to get the absolute best deal he could, and was looked at with major contempt for doing, before he missed any time.

I really like the pick in the 2nd Round ! I think Drew Lock will be Denver's Starting QB in 2-3 Years and I can see Lock Holding it down for the Next 15 Years After !! That would be Sweet Right to get our Franchise QB in the 2nd Round ??
    Drew Brees was a second rounder....look how that turned out

He didn't become the starter until year 2....then in year 4 I believe , he made the pro bowl.....then , in year 5......we { Lynch} ruined his shoulder....fortunately, he didn't ruin his career, as I was stocked about the sack in the end zone and celebrated, but I don't ever wish true physical damage to any player....except maybe a Raider { just kidding }
    Last edited by skeeter01; 07-19-2019 at 09:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by skeeter01 View Post
    Drew Brees was a second rounder....look how that turned out

So was OZ.......
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Broncos: Garett Bolles

Quote Originally Posted by EddieMac View Post
    So was OZ.......
    Not funny

Quote Originally Posted by EddieMac View Post
    So was OZ.......
    And Lynch was a 1st Rounder. So, I'd hold off on putting Lock in the Hall of Fame quite yet as some would like to do. Actually, "some" wanted us to take Lock at #10. Thank God we have professionals running the franchise, as Lock is a 2nd Round talent who was correctly taken in the 2nd Round. With that being said, I'm excited to see what the kid can do with that size, athleticism, and arm. And he's going to be on the field in a real pre-season NFL game in 2 weeks.

I really like the pick in the 2nd Round ! I think Drew Lock will be Denver's Starting QB in 2-3 Years and I can see Lock Holding it down for the Next 15 Years After !! That would be Sweet Right to get our Franchise QB in the 2nd Round ??
    2-3 years is just not realistic IMO. It's more likely he takes over sometime this year than in 2021.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    2-3 years is just not realistic IMO. It's more likely he takes over sometime this year than in 2021.
    Do you have any idea how hard it is to find a franchise QB in the draft? How many incredible college QBs have been busts in the NFL?

How hard it is to get a Franchise QB in a trade, and you are not happy for your team? The Broncos have got two that way.

I know it took the Ravens 12 years of drafting QBs before they found their Franchise QB, and they were lucky. There are a lot of teams in the NFL that have a QB that wont last three years with them.

The Broncos have questionable players on Offense, and Flacco will expose their flaws and hopefully the coachs can help them.. Playing a rookie like Lock, who has inconsistent accuracy with a football would garner no insight to what you have surrounding him.

Just curious, other than a rehabbing Sanders, how fast are the Bronco receivers? Can they get enough separation, or does a db need to fall down for them to get open? What is their target to catch ratio?

You have a lot of young, unproven players on offense. Give them a chance with a proven QB.

Andrew Mason tweeted that Kevin Hogan has had 3 INT’s in today’s practice. Ouch...