Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    Rivers had gates and LT in their prime and failed
    so did drew brees. FACT.

although, rivers only had 2 of LT's prime years.

Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    Last year they predicted the Chargers would be in the Superbowl.
    so that must mean everything you say should be discredited then? because you say some crazy outlandish stuff every season and never get held accountable for it.

Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    so that must mean everything you say should be discredited then? because you say some crazy outlandish stuff every season and never get held accountable for it.
    Comparing me to USA Today? Thanks I guess, still doesn’t change the fact they had Atlanta winning the SB ( didn’t make playoffs), Bolts winning AFC ( only managed to get out of 1st TD by beating a rookie running back playing Qb, before getting curb stomped by Pats)
    They also had Jacksonville as the number 1 seed in the AFC, Steelers winning their division,
    Bears,Ravens, & Chiefs 7-9
    and the Seahawks & Colts 4-12.
    Just saying 😏

they were one win away from the best record in the afc last year.
    So what! In the end, totally meaningless. Might as well be 10 wins away. Regardless how good you are, it doesn't mean you can win it all by getting really close. See 2007 Patsy's, 19 - 1, lose to the Giants 2007 Super Bowl. Really good does not always equate to total success. I'm pretty sure this is ingrained as a big Charger stain in your tiny brain.
    Utah Bronco Freak

and peyton manning

kind of hard to elevate your game when you're running for your life all game long while the other teams offense can do whatever they want.
    Lol- I guess.......Billy Volek won that game, but whatever.

And stop with the running for your life nonsense. Rivers lack of mobility is tough on the Oline. If it weren't for Rivers quick release he would be going into year 12 of Coaching by now.

so did drew brees. FACT.

True but Brees went on to have a pretty good HOF career that greatly exceeds the career of Phyllis Rivers.

Perhaps it’s that idiotic team that is bringing goods player down. I told you a long time ago that if Phyllis was going to win a championship, he would have to leave that stupid ridiculous franchise and try elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    True but Brees went on to have a pretty good HOF career that greatly exceeds the career of Phyllis Rivers.

Perhaps it’s that idiotic team that is bringing goods player down. I told you a long time ago that if Phyllis was going to win a championship, he would have to leave that stupid ridiculous franchise and try elsewhere.
    Exactly! Maybe a back-up in Patsyville, Kansas City, how strange would this be....New Orleans!
    Utah Bronco Freak

and peyton manning

kind of hard to elevate your game when you're running for your life all game long while the other teams offense can do whatever they want.
    Well if you can't celebrate a playoff victory from 11 years ago, what can we celebrate? That was an amazing run by the Chargers though, the way they won the AFC Championship Game and then finished it off with the Super Bowl victory...

Since we're talking about Manning, in 4 years in Denver he went to twice as many Super Bowls as the Chargers have been to in their 49 years in the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post

I disagree, the problem with the Chargers is they went all-in with a QB who's just not that good. He accumulates stats like crazy, but has very little clutch in him. The only way he wins a Super Bowl is if the Chargers stop asking him to do anything more than being an upscale game manager. He'll still have a few big stats games, but they won't win the Super Bowl with him being the catalyst.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    I disagree, the problem with the Chargers is they went all-in with a QB who's just not that good. He accumulates stats like crazy, but has very little clutch in him. The only way he wins a Super Bowl is if the Chargers stop asking him to do anything more than being an upscale game manager. He'll still have a few big stats games, but they won't win the Super Bowl with him being the catalyst.
    So true. No ring bling for Phyllis. And the other side of this blemished coin is his HoF possibilities. Rivers doesn't have the quality resume' needed for the HoF committee to even take a glance and consider him to be inducted. Nothing to see here folks, move along. I believe this is due to there being numerous other QB's with decent resume's when compared to Rivers and they are not in the HoF and probably won't be.
    Go online and check the stats of these excellent QB's.

Ken Anderson - Randal Cunningham - Boomer Esiason - Phil Simms
    John Hadl - Roman Gabriel - Bernie Kosar - Jim Hart - Don Meredith

I'm just saying these QB's have resume's that are in the same neighborhood with Rivers resume'. Therefore, unless Rivers quickly adds more greatness to his resume in the next 2 - 3 years, he'll be in the same boat as the above QB's. Many years of hoping and waiting!
    Utah Bronco Freak

11-5 is too low for NE

so did drew brees. FACT.

and he had LTs best year ever 31 Tds 1800+ rush yards and gates 71 receptions 9 tds, and lost to a rookie qb

Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    and he had LTs best year ever 31 Tds 1800+ rush yards and gates 71 receptions 9 tds, and lost to a rookie qb
    Ouch! That's has to put some burning sting your brain, right baph!
    Utah Bronco Freak

Quote Originally Posted by TommyBrady12 View Post
    11-5 is too low for NE
    It's time the Patsy's begin what will be their historical tail spin. Maybe 9-7 or possibly 8-8. You can't cheat and win forever!
    Utah Bronco Freak

Quote Originally Posted by jazzbodog View Post
    It's time the Patsy's begin what will be their historical tail spin. Maybe 9-7 or possibly 8-8. You can't cheat and win forever!
    You people say that every year
    Super Bowl Wins: Brady - 6 Elway - 2 Manning - 2 (played well in none) Rivers - 0