Page 141 of 152 FirstFirst ... 41 91 131 139 140 141 142 143 151 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,115 of 2266
    Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post

Excited to see what Lock can do with a full camp, preseason, and the entire 2020 season with no one in his way.
    Same here, I think good things are coming!

Read this little tidbit about #3...https://www.rotoworld.com/article/nu...tarting-nfl-qb

Can and do run

These QBs always look to pass first, but they're capable of picking up yards on the ground in a hurry if unaccounted for.

Drew Lock: While Lock's 18-72-0 rushing line in five games as a rookie was hardly enlightening, the rookie did show a penchant for avoiding pressure. Overall, the 86th-percentile SPARQ-x athlete averaged a league-high 4.3 seconds before being sacked, topping each of Murray (4.1), Watson (4.09) and Jackson (4.05).

Quote Originally Posted by johnlimburg View Post
    Wrong. The idea that Fant was a "monster" when playing with Lock was false, he had one huge game and bunch of non-impact, and even one negative impact games. Then you said as Fant "fell off", other guys came open, again that is not backed up by anything at all, the production was what you could only describe as piss poor. Obviously you can just say "teams game planned against Fant", but how ? You could say that about any non-producing player to defend them, like everyone tried to say about Miller over recent years, despite it not being true. Facts are, Fant was not a "monster" with Lock, he had one huge game and during the rest he made no impact pass catching. Then according to you it was due to teams game planning against him, how ? And then other guys apparently "came open", to the tune of 2.9 catches for 21 yards per game, combined. What are we talking about here ? We making things up for the sake of it ? Why ?
    Wrong. I never stated or even implied that Fant was a "monster" when playing with Lock, so stop arguing over something that I never said. That's called a 'straw man' argument and it's an easily recognized fallacy. And, do you not understand what game planning a Defense is? Really? You don't understand that opposing Defenses look at film and are told by their coaches to pay more attention to specific players if they seem to be having more of an impact on the game than other players? And that when that happens it opens up opportunities for other players? Come on, man. You're not stupid. Seems like you're just being argumentative for no real reason here.

Fant did really well for a rookie.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Fant did really well for a rookie.
    Wasn't Noah Fant the leading receiver among rookie TEs? I think he was about 13th among all TEs.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    Wasn't Noah Fant the leading receiver among rookie TEs? I think he was about 13th among all TEs.
    Yes, in fact over the last several years - since 2014 - he did better in receptions and yards as a rookie than any other TE taken first or in the 1st round except for one - Evan Engram. Hunter Henry did have more TD catches. He had more yards than Gronk (2010) but was 2 rec less (40vs42) and Gronk did have 10TDs. * Kittle did have 3 more receptions than Fant did in his rookie year but less yards and TDs ... he was a fifth round pick in a year that 3 TEs went in the 1st round.

I think Fant is on course to be one of the top TEs over the next few years ... hopefully a "Monster"!

Fant has elite level potential and there’s no reason he shouldn’t be a top TE when used correctly. He has a similar ceiling to Vernon Davis who was not used very well throughout his career. With his size/speed combo he is a terror to cover one on one. Unfortunately Fant seems to have the same issue Davis had which is they both have stiff hips, Fant seems stiffer to me personally. Fant will never reach his potential if you have running a lot of routes requiring him to sink his hips and explode in a different direction, he loses too much speed doing so and it will eliminate his separation. But if you get running crosses, drags, streaks, flats, even screens he can outrun nearly anybody covering him, the Scangerello offense was perfect for him, not too sure how Shurnur uses his TEs.

Although Gronkowski also had similar issues with stiffness, he learned how to not get called for pushing off when he ran routes, if the refs will allow Fant to run into a defender and push off with his inside hand then there’s nothing he can’t do except maybe catch a pass over his shoulder.

Fant and Lindsay need to take some yoga classes

The more I read about what he's doing this offseason (both before and after the lockdown) the more excited I am for him being the Broncos QB. Whether he ultimately succeeds or fails won't be due to a lack of work put into the process. He's been working his butt off. There's an article on The Athletic (subscription required) that goes in-depth about his offseason, it's a great read. My favourite part is that after going down to the Super Bowl to do the media rounds he stayed in Miami for a few extra days, because he didn't want to go home and have to see the Chefs celebrating.

Here's another article about his offseason so far.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...n-kansas-city/

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    The more I read about what he's doing this offseason (both before and after the lockdown) the more excited I am for him being the Broncos QB. Whether he ultimately succeeds or fails won't be due to a lack of work put into the process. He's been working his butt off. There's an article on The Athletic (subscription required) that goes in-depth about his offseason, it's a great read. My favourite part is that after going down to the Super Bowl to do the media rounds he stayed in Miami for a few extra days, because he didn't want to go home and have to see the Chefs celebrating.

Here's another article about his offseason so far.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...n-kansas-city/
    Impressive. It’s not a surprise based on his established work ethic, yet it’s as if he’s even more determined. Cool to see Driskel sharing his workout info with Lock.

Lock is checking all the boxes for me. He’s really taking command. I really love how proactive he is.

I just rewatched all his games this weekend. I’m probably more impressed with his performance after watching it all over again. He had a lot more than “one good quarter” IMO.

I’m looking forward to watching him develop and improve. He has all the makings of a Star QB. We shall see how it turns out.

Quote Originally Posted by RocketArm006 View Post
    Lock is checking all the boxes for me. He’s really taking command. I really love how proactive he is.

I just rewatched all his games this weekend. I’m probably more impressed with his performance after watching it all over again. He had a lot more than “one good quarter” IMO.

I’m looking forward to watching him develop and improve. He has all the makings of a Star QB. We shall see how it turns out.
    I think you know, this is the most excited I've been with a QB signing since Manning. And he's even better than I was expecting given his first stint as an NFL QB. Not even sure about the footwork/inaccuracy concerns. Sure, he was not perfect, but wow, I'll go 4 and 1 and pumped any day of the week. Strong arm, quick release, mobile, sharp, animated, likable, leadership! The KC game was quite understandable, given the weather, and other factors. He's a rook!

Anyway....I was a bit down the last few seasons, as were others, but once we landed out guy, and with the framework around him, I am convinced we are long term playoff competitors. Long term!

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    I think you know, this is the most excited I've been with a QB signing since Manning. And he's even better than I was expecting given his first stint as an NFL QB. Not even sure about the footwork/inaccuracy concerns. Sure, he was not perfect, but wow, I'll go 4 and 1 and pumped any day of the week. Strong arm, quick release, mobile, sharp, animated, likable, leadership! The KC game was quite understandable, given the weather, and other factors. He's a rook!

Anyway....I was a bit down the last few seasons, as were others, but once we landed out guy, and with the framework around him, I am convinced we are long term playoff competitors. Long term!
    I totally agree Denver has a True QB Now. All Denver has to do now is put the pieces of the O around our Star in the Making and there you go btw Denver is already doing that by signing Melvin Gordon wow what a Great FA haul this was for Denver. Denver's offense should start rolling now after the past 5 Plus years of No Offense lol. Look for Denver to be the Sleeping Giant The Underdog in Fight Flying Under the Radar where Denver needs to be. Low Key taking care of Business and forging a way into the play offs it is going to Happen ! DB4L !

Sign up for NFL Game Pass for free, and enjoy Drew Lock shredding the Texan's secondary in his record setting first road start.

https://gamepass.nfl.com/game/bronco...ns-on-12082019

Can't wait for football!!!
    "Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Do you folks ever wonder what our record would have been had he played the entire season? I am not going to extrapolate the 4 of 5 winning record, because we would be talking 12 wins or so. But if you can recall, we lost some very close games. My feeling is, if he was healthy, he would have had a couple of bumps, but I would not be surprised had we finished at least 9 and 7, or 10 and 6....

….....or as they say, playoffs!

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    Do you folks ever wonder what our record would have been had he played the entire season? I am not going to extrapolate the 4 of 5 winning record, because we would be talking 12 wins or so. But if you can recall, we lost some very close games. My feeling is, if he was healthy, he would have had a couple of bumps, but I would not be surprised had we finished at least 9 and 7, or 10 and 6....

….....or as they say, playoffs!
    He was on IR.