Page 123 of 140 FirstFirst ... 23 73 113 121 122 123 124 125 133 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,845 of 2099
  1. #1831
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    6,252

  2. #1832
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Way far away.
    Posts
    1,119
    Quote Originally Posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
    Sorry, just more excuse. Wrs drop balls its happens. K.c. drop balls too. There will be games the def wont be able to stop the other offense. That's the nfl. As good as s.f. def was they could not stop atl or N.O from scoring. I'm not going to make excuses.

    Yes I do agree it's only hes third game. But some of you can't be like he is savior and hes great when he wins and then when he loses its "oh its bc hes a rookie"
    Why not? You're saying those two things can't be true? He can't be good enough to be the future of the franchise but also make rookie mistakes because, well, he's a rookie? Of course he can. That's just crazy. If he's great he'll win from the first time he starts and never look bad? Who thinks like this? Peyton Manning had AWFUL games as a rookie but still showed flashes of getting it. Elway was the same way. OF COURSE he can look like a franchise savior and have moments where he looks like a rookie. It's asinine to say you can't blame a bad game on being a rookie. He IS a rookie, why can't we? People on this board need to stop falling in love with their opinions and just let what happens, happen. He looked really good last week. You can't say he didn't. He struggled this week, and it's COMPLETELY possible that was because he is a rookie, and doesn't have a lot of experience playing on the road in the NFL.
    All it takes to win is doing whatever it takes to win: COMMITMENT

  3. #1833
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    1,955
    Quote Originally Posted by Spice 1 View Post
    Can you blame the fans for being excited after the Houston game, though?
    He played well. He did. It's not all fans though. Me for one, bc I know it takes more than 3 games to say any qb is our future not just lock.
    We could have had Lamar Jackson *LJ for M.V.P*

  4. #1834
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    1,955
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    I disagree you can't expect a rookie to come out an always perform like a great qb there are growing pains among other things. It may have not been his best performance but he has still shown enough he has alot of promise. I am interested to see if he bounces back well from his last game
    Did I say one negative thing about his performance? Did I? What I'm saying is I'm not making some of these bogus excuses for him as some fans are. That's all I said.
    We could have had Lamar Jackson *LJ for M.V.P*

  5. #1835
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    california
    Posts
    2,092
    Quote Originally Posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
    He played well. He did. It's not all fans though. Me for one, bc I know it takes more than 3 games to say any qb is our future not just lock.
    I have to agree with you here . I believe it takes more then a small sample size as well. I will however say that hes shown he has the ability to be the guy. His game so far encourages me to think so. He could very well turn out like a Mariotta, flashy at first but then just went blah. I'm not saying hes our savior as theres only one lol. Lock looks very promising , theres no denying that.

  6. #1836
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    1,955
    Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    You would of it were a QB you liked, Don't say you wouldn't either. I figured you would pop up after yesterday. Where were you last week? Or the week before?

    He played a bad game, he did. But, you absolutely have to take into consideration the elements and the entire team play. That was the worst weathered game played in the entire season by any 2 teams this season. Lock played in the most hostile environment in the NFL.

    You come here and play the I told you so card after a game like that???? Come on man!! I want you back here next week and you're going to say he looked good because he played a weak defense
    First of all I was here after the charger game all through the boards go see. Last week I was sick if you must know.

    Where did I say I told you so? Pull one negative comment I made about lock.

    Again I said it once and I'll say it again I will not make excuses. Super dome is after place to play imo.

    So what if we beat the matt Stafford less lions with there 3 strong QBs. If you want to be happy with that go head I'm not stopping you. I think they won what 3 games all year ok.
    It's not a knock on him it's TRUE he played vs bad defs that's facts. He played vs a good def and didn't look good.
    So you are right I will say that. Sorry not sorry.

    The raiders game I will give him credit. I dont think that's gonna be an easy win as some believe.
    We could have had Lamar Jackson *LJ for M.V.P*

  7. #1837
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    1,955
    Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    Dont even have to look at the link. I bet its something about lock and probably making excuses on why he didn't play well other than saying he had a bad game.
    We could have had Lamar Jackson *LJ for M.V.P*

  8. #1838
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    1,955
    Quote Originally Posted by Letswinplz77 View Post
    Why not? You're saying those two things can't be true? He can't be good enough to be the future of the franchise but also make rookie mistakes because, well, he's a rookie? Of course he can. That's just crazy. If he's great he'll win from the first time he starts and never look bad? Who thinks like this? Peyton Manning had AWFUL games as a rookie but still showed flashes of getting it. Elway was the same way. OF COURSE he can look like a franchise savior and have moments where he looks like a rookie. It's asinine to say you can't blame a bad game on being a rookie. He IS a rookie, why can't we? People on this board need to stop falling in love with their opinions and just let what happens, happen. He looked really good last week. You can't say he didn't. He struggled this week, and it's COMPLETELY possible that was because he is a rookie, and doesn't have a lot of experience playing on the road in the NFL.
    I strictly referring to the excessive excuses. You are right the two go can go hand and hand. But what I'm saying. Whenever he loses I can see people making so many excuses rather than. Saying this game was on lock he played bad.
    We could have had Lamar Jackson *LJ for M.V.P*

  9. #1839
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    6,252
    Quote Originally Posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
    Dont even have to look at the link. I bet its something about lock and probably making excuses on why he didn't play well other than saying he had a bad game.
    Partly right, it goes into detail about how the whole team was unprepared and looked bad. It wasn't just Lock who had a bad game.....but you could just read it yourself

  10. #1840
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    4,370
    Quote Originally Posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
    I strictly referring to the excessive excuses. You are right the two go can go hand and hand. But what I'm saying. Whenever he loses I can see people making so many excuses rather than. Saying this game was on lock he played bad.
    And I'll address the excessive blame on a rookie QB. Rookie QBs should not be expected to carry a team and we didn't lose because of Lock. Other players can help win games too. There were plenty of other reasons we lost that game, the main one being playing a better team in their building.

    Which brings us to quite possibly the most important decision this team has had to make in years. Counting the next two games we will have a total of 5 games to make a decision whether we need to draft another QB or take a chance and build around Lock. To me, unless something goes totally wrong with Lock in the next two games, we use our resources to build around Lock. It isn't even close at this point in time.

    So while it may be premature to anoint Lock, it's certainly not too early to make a decision about what our focus should in the draft and FA.

  11. #1841
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    1,955
    Quote Originally Posted by orange crush75 View Post
    I have to agree with you here . I believe it takes more then a small sample size as well. I will however say that hes shown he has the ability to be the guy. His game so far encourages me to think so. He could very well turn out like a Mariotta, flashy at first but then just went blah. I'm not saying hes our savior as theres only one lol. Lock looks very promising , theres no denying that.
    That's fair. If lock turns into another manning. Why on earth would I not cheer for my Broncos. Everyone has personal opinions on certain players. I personally don't think he will pan out but I don't know the future. Only time will tell.
    We could have had Lamar Jackson *LJ for M.V.P*

  12. #1842
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    1,955
    Quote Originally Posted by lvbronx View Post
    And I'll address the excessive blame on a rookie QB. Rookie QBs should not be expected to carry a team and we didn't lose because of Lock. Other players can help win games too. There were plenty of other reasons we lost that game, the main one being playing a better team in their building.

    Which brings us to quite possibly the most important decision this team has had to make in years. Counting the next two games we will have a total of 5 games to make a decision whether we need to draft another QB or take a chance and build around Lock. To me, unless something goes totally wrong with Lock in the next two games, we use our resources to build around Lock. It isn't even close at this point in time.

    So while it may be premature to anoint Lock, it's certainly not too early to make a decision about what our focus should in the draft and FA.
    I never blamed lock for the loss. Just not making the excuses that some are.

    I agree with everything else you said.
    We could have had Lamar Jackson *LJ for M.V.P*

  13. #1843
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    511
    I only remember him making one truly terrible throw, and that was the pick in the end zone. There were several miscommunications between him and his receivers, however. It's difficult to know who to blame on those, I'd usually blame the rookie QB, but our receivers, especially in the first half, seemed very hesitant, so I don't know.
    The right side of our OLine just got blown up all day. Lock did a great job of getting rid of the ball quick. I have no idea how he only managed 2 sacks. One of those pressures did result in the 4th down INT, but on 4th down I'd rather the QB throw it up than take a sack.
    Lock certainly wasn't perfect, but I really didn't think he played terrible. He had one horrible, horrible mistake, and outside of that he seemed to be doing what he could with the cards he was dealt.

  14. #1844
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    1,357
    After all the dross we've had to sit through over the past couple of seasons at QB, I'm fine with people getting excited at Lock potentially being the future of the franchise.

    Maybe he will be; maybe not. At least he's the most likely contender we've had in years. So I'm all for riding the emotional wave and anointing him king. If he fails, he fails. But if he succeeds...

    In the words of Samuel Taylor Coleridge:

    "What if you slept
    And what if in your sleep you dreamed
    And what if in your dream you went to heaven
    And there plucked a strange and beautiful flower
    And what if when you awoke you had that flower in your hand
    Ah, what then?"

    Isn't this what sport is all about? The hope that at some point you will find the formula for success? And even if you never so, that you believe that it's possible?

    I would rather be positive and believe Lock is the future than take the hard nosed weathered experience view that most dawns are false ones.

    Obviously, the coaches and the front office need to take a more judicious stance on the matter, but I as a fan don't have to, and I refuse to do so!

  15. #1845
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Reno
    Posts
    3,016
    I like what I have seen with him. Right now I am leaning more toward we got our guy than we dont have him. Get him some O line help and a steady run game and he will flourish. His ball placement is good and he's got some swag which I like. Draft Linemen ! HOGS HOGS HOGS!
    Going on record saying I love our off season coaching hires.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •