Page 129 of 140 FirstFirst ... 29 79 119 127 128 129 130 131 139 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,935 of 2099
    I thought Lock was solid.

While the stats may not show it, this was his best game as far as going through his reads. I was really happy to see that because it's been a big concern of mine, but yesterday's game was a great sign. His footwork remains, unsurprisingly, sloppy at best. I appreciate the optimism around here, but I very much doubt that's ever cleaned up entirely. He's got a bad, bad habit of throwing off his back foot and I counted one that was particularly bad last night. That being said, he can make due and become a very good quarterback in this league if he keeps on improving in other areas.

Timing and anticipation is important. I hope he gets a camp going with the wide receivers next season, so they can build some chemistry and nail down the tendencies.
    Adopted Poster
    AZ Snake Fan

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    It may not be great but there are flashes that should get everyone excited. The pass that Booker dropped was incredible. Today he didnít fall back and throw off his back foot nearly as much, the Booker drop not withstanding and thatís a huge positive. He looks very comfortable throwing outside the pocket which is a big part of this offense. He shows pretty good pocket awareness. Heís showing a lot of building blocks that you want to see in a franchise QB.
    Congratulations Broncos on the win!!!!! We are winning the games we should win.

As of lock to me...he played well. Still not on the he is our savior boat. He is showing some good signs.

Every game we drop balls there will always be what ifs. Broncos got calls that went our way too. When it comes to qbs I need to see much more before saying hey we are set for the next decade. I'm sure Carolina, Pittsburgh felt the same way.
    Nonetheless we won. Congrats.
    We could have had Lamar Jackson *LJ for M.V.P*

Quote Originally Posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
    Congratulations Broncos on the win!!!!! We are winning the games we should win.

As of lock to me...he played well. Still not on the he is our savior boat. He is showing some good signs.

Every game we drop balls there will always be what ifs. Broncos got calls that went our way too. When it comes to qbs I need to see much more before saying hey we are set for the next decade. I'm sure Carolina, Pittsburgh felt the same way.
    Nonetheless we won. Congrats.
    Bro theres a big difference in the play of Rudolph , Allen and Lock. He may not be the savior as you put it but he has shown he is the Qb going into next year and that's more then we've had in a while. He shows more to be the guy then not .

Quote Originally Posted by orange crush75 View Post
    Bro theres a big difference in the play of Rudolph , Allen and Lock. He may not be the savior as you put it but he has shown he is the Qb going into next year and that's more then we've had in a while. He shows more to be the guy then not .
    The numbers say otherwise. You're entitled to your opinion that's fine. I'm just saying when Carolina was winning people there was like cam who? I was on the Steelers Steelers message board the fans was saying they got Ben's replacement. Rather you want to make that comparison or not. The fact is that felt it now both of them got benched. Even with the jags in which I have a friend that's plays for them. I'm sure they felt the minshew thing too.

For me I'm just saying too soon for me to say we are set for the next decade. Not trying to start an argument.

I am finally happy with our QB play... been a long time since I could say that. Lock looks like he has all the tools to be a solid QB in this league, is it guaranteed, of course not - but he has shown me in 4 games (even the loss) that he has the character and support of his teammates. That goes a long way with the smarts, arm and movement that he has. We have an elite WR, emerging TE and a couple of RBs within the offense. They have a bunch of scrubs playing decent football of the lines (both sides) because of injuries and they honestly if Lock was ready earlier in the year maybe we hold onto 2-3 of those 4th quarter leads (4 blown leads) and we are in a wild card race right now. They need to focus on the OL again, WR and LB core in the offseason and this is a playoff team next year... Let's hope!

Lock is very encouraging. He is by far the best prospect weíve seen in a very long time. Right now, thatís all you can really expect from a rookie QB who came in off IR and is posting a winning record.

The kid isnít perfect, but heís checking off way more boxes than any other QB weíve seen in years. Iím interested to see how he works with Scangs in the offseason. The potential is legit - which hasnít been the case for a very long time.

We finally have a glimmer of hope. Itís nice to go into an offseason with a little promise and potential.

The numbers say otherwise. You're entitled to your opinion that's fine. I'm just saying when Carolina was winning people there was like cam who? I was on the Steelers Steelers message board the fans was saying they got Ben's replacement. Rather you want to make that comparison or not. The fact is that felt it now both of them got benched. Even with the jags in which I have a friend that's plays for them. I'm sure they felt the minshew thing too.

For me I'm just saying too soon for me to say we are set for the next decade. Not trying to start an argument.
    I am certainly not sold on Lock being a "lock" as our long term solution. But I think you are crazy if you can't see the difference between Lock and Allen, Rudolph, and Minshew. Lock has a big time arm and can hit windows those guys just can't. He has also already shown he is not scared of throwing into those windows. It is also not like our play calling the last 4 weeks has facilitated big numbers.

I agree the footwork but that is something that can be coached. If you recall there was a real concern about Mahomes footwork when he came out of the draft. Mahomes still doesn't have the best footwork but it is much better than at his draft. I am not saying Lock is Mahomes but let's not pretend that Lock is the first guy ever that needs to fix his footwork. Let's also not pretend that it can't be coached.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncosDivision View Post

While the stats may not show it, this was his best game as far as going through his reads. I was really happy to see that because it's been a big concern of mine, but yesterday's game was a great sign. His footwork remains, unsurprisingly, sloppy at best. I appreciate the optimism around here, but I very much doubt that's ever cleaned up entirely. He's got a bad, bad habit of throwing off his back foot and I counted one that was particularly bad last night. That being said, he can make due and become a very good quarterback in this league if he keeps on improving in other areas.

Timing and anticipation is important. I hope he gets a camp going with the wide receivers next season, so they can build some chemistry and nail down the tendencies.
    The footwork will improve as he gets more reps. Heís much better with some of the timing stuff in the offense and thatíll help as a poor oline will cause him to revert back to falling off his back foot and a lot of that is because he has the arm to still put the throw where it needs to be more often than not.

I was very impressed with him yesterday. The Lions defense isnít good, but outside of Sutton no one creates much separation. Lock did a good job of finding holes in the zone but a team that can play man across the board will get the best of our offense. Hamilton had a good game but a lot of it was finding holes in zones rather than him exploding out of his breaks to beat man coverage. Patrick is similar in that as well but he has the size to still win some of those battles.

Iím not sure how much Fantís injury bothered him yesterday but the offense desperately needs him to develop. There isnít a great second option right now and thatíll continue to hamper the offense. Lindsay is not a natural catcher out of the backfield and it limits his ability to create matchup problems. Freeman and Booker catch pretty well but arenít explosive enough to be a big threat. We need to add a WR that can run great routes or a true speed threat that can create separation just through speed, preferably we can get one of each in the offseason. Thatíll pay off quicker than a young offensive lineman would IMO. We still need to develop a young offensive lineman though.

They need to tie Lock to a bungie cord for drop back repetitions and when he throws off is back foot he lands on his arse. This way he will have to step into each rep to stay on his feet. He has developed a bad habit because of his arm strength.

Quote Originally Posted by myoung View Post
    I am certainly not sold on Lock being a "lock" as our long term solution. But I think you are crazy if you can't see the difference between Lock and Allen, Rudolph, and Minshew. Lock has a big time arm and can hit windows those guys just can't. He has also already shown he is not scared of throwing into those windows. It is also not like our play calling the last 4 weeks has facilitated big numbers.

I agree the footwork but that is something that can be coached. If you recall there was a real concern about Mahomes footwork when he came out of the draft. Mahomes still doesn't have the best footwork but it is much better than at his draft. I am not saying Lock is Mahomes but let's not pretend that Lock is the first guy ever that needs to fix his footwork. Let's also not pretend that it can't be coached.
    Call me what you want. Won't lose any sleep over it trust. I have seen all four qbs make very good throws. I'm not like most fans or commenters. Call what you will. There has been a lot of qbs that's starts off hot, lock may carry on with it. If he does then I will be at ease. Not naming nor saying all qb issues are over after 4,5,6, games sorry. If that makes make any less of a fan or a hater then I'll be that too.

I remember being called names last year when I wasn't on the Baker train. Huh go figure. But hey it is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncosDivision View Post

Some QB's can throw from angles and positions that seem to work for them. Mahomes gets all the talking heads in a tizzy when he throws side arm for a strike, somewhere a QB coach is shaking his head.

A lot of the critical comments seem to come from the same critical posters, I just happen to see the glass as half full at the moment. Not only does Drew seem to have the athletic ability, his leadership qualities are off the scale. Every interview since he became starter shows player after player and coaches (cautiously) lauding his contributions to this team in that capacity. Barring injury, I think we found the guy to build around.

He lifts the team! I am excited (for real) for the first time since PM took the confetti walk...
    [

Call me what you want. Won't lose any sleep over it trust. I have seen all four qbs make very good throws. I'm not like most fans or commenters. Call what you will. There has been a lot of qbs that's starts off hot, lock may carry on with it. If he does then I will be at ease. Not naming nor saying all qb issues are over after 4,5,6, games sorry. If that makes make any less of a fan or a hater then I'll be that too.

I remember being called names last year when I wasn't on the Baker train. Huh go figure. But hey it is what it is.
    Sorry I didn't mean the "crazy" reference to be a personal statement, more a reflection of the difference I see in his arm. Not meant to be a statement about you. Probably bad wording on my part.

I also have had similar concerns about Baker. I will also be the first to say I am not sold on Lock yet. A few games does not make a career and like you have stated many guys start off hot and don't see it through.

I have seen enough that I want to see more. I want to get Lock an OL and another WR that can help him. I have seen enough in Lock that I would throw up if we signed another end of career QB like Rivers or Newton. I have also seen enough that I would be frustrated if we drafted a first round QB. I would rather give Lock the team next year. Go into FA and the Draft with an eye on getting him tools.

Lock does have a bad tendancy to throw off his back foot and fading away. He needs to work on it, but so far....oddly.... almost all of those throws have been amazing. Maybe I'm just overlooking some of them, but he's had so many passes where he was fading away and made a fantastic throw. Obviously, it's still not ideal, but good to know he has the arm strength to do it if necessary.

What I love about Lock the most so far is the fact that heís making quick decisions. The moment receivers break open in their routes, the ball is there. The offensive line doesnít look half bad simply because of this.