Page 102 of 140 FirstFirst ... 2 52 92 100 101 102 103 104 112 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 2095
    FWIW, Patrick Mahomes 1st start as a rookie:

22 of 35, 284 yards, 0 TDs, 1 INT, 2 sacks

Quote Originally Posted by listopencil View Post
    That's a valid point. The term 'franchise quarterback' is kind of vague. You could go 'round and 'round coming up with a definition, but that is certainly one part of it.
    Yes it's one trait and not all of it. I for one am not gonna make any excuse la for lock. That terrible oline that people was screaming he would get killed behind, the same one I been saying they are not as bad as people make them out to be. Lock has a #1 wr, good rbs, and decent 1st rd t.e. we a good def. He gets no excuses from me.
    We could have had Lamar Jackson *LJ for M.V.P*

Quote Originally Posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post

And I think he beat us in his first start dont leave that out. You just proved my point even more. Thise are terrible stats and he goes on to break a lot of records and winning MVP. They didn't seem him a bust. Lock had good numbers and I'm not deeming him as our savior.
    We could have had Lamar Jackson *LJ for M.V.P*

Quote Originally Posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
    That franchise qb elevate players around with that talent they have and make them a household name. Like brees, brady, and wilson does. Just my opinion.
    Sure they do. Players around those quarterbacks also elevate their game. Montana wouldnít have been one of the greatest without Rice. They brought out the best in each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Jack View Post
    I love that Drew throws the ball Hard!
    Remember when Elway used to Zip that thing!!!!
    He did throw it pretty hard at that defensive back didn't he I will be looking forward to seeing how Drew progresses in the back end of the season, and hope to see him make some more throws further than a couple yards down field. That completion percentage was really helped by a heap of short passes, and when you take out that chunk garbage time completion at the end of the half for 32 yards, he threw for 102 yards on 27 attempts, that's pretty bad overall. I hope to see him hit some of those quick read anticipation type throws 8-15 yards down the middle of the field, because those are the bread and butter plays NFL quarterbacks need to consistently make, and Drew made next to none of those in his first start. Exciting times watching a young quarterback with a big arm nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by johnlimburg View Post
    He did throw it pretty hard at that defensive back didn't he I will be looking forward to seeing how Drew progresses in the back end of the season, and hope to see him make some more throws further than a couple yards down field. That completion percentage was really helped by a heap of short passes, and when you take out that chunk garbage time completion at the end of the half for 32 yards, he threw for 102 yards on 27 attempts, that's pretty bad overall. I hope to see him hit some of those quick read anticipation type throws 8-15 yards down the middle of the field, because those are the bread and butter plays NFL quarterbacks need to consistently make, and Drew made next to none of those in his first start. Exciting times watching a young quarterback with a big arm nonetheless.
    When you add in Hamiltonís drop late in the game, thatís easily 30+ yards and another touchdown. The DBs were split in coverage and Hamilton probably runs to the end zone without being touched. .

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    When you add in Hamiltonís drop late in the game, thatís easily 30+ yards and another touchdown. The DBs were split in coverage and Hamilton probably runs to the end zone without being touched. .
    That is true, I acknowledge that. However, we are looking at flashes of potential and prospects of being the future, I could have hit that throw, wouldn't of shown much either, but I understand your point. Consistently moving the ball is how you earn your keep as a quarterback, the offense once again failed to do that against the Chargers, and that is what I am hoping to see down the stretch.

Quote Originally Posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post

John Elway's first start:
    1-8 14 yards 0 TDs 1 INT 4 sacks

Quote Originally Posted by lvbronx View Post
    john elway's first start:
    1-8 14 yards 0 tds 1 int 4 sacks
    Cut that guy!

Despite an admittedly uneven performance from Lock we still ended up with 23 points (and could have been more w/Hamilton play)- which qualifies as a minor miracle with our ďpop gunĒ offense. Honestly donít see how anyone could be anything but encouraged. Right now absolutely dying to see the kid this time next year...

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Bronco View Post
    Despite an admittedly uneven performance from Lock we still ended up with 23 points (and could have been more w/Hamilton play)- which qualifies as a minor miracle with our ďpop gunĒ offense. Honestly donít see how anyone could be anything but encouraged. Right now absolutely dying to see the kid this time next year...
    Good gravy no doubt man ! People whine and complain just to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    His arm strength is among the best Denver has ever had, certainly the best in recent years. If he is able to put everything together, and he seems to lack no work ethic nor humility, then I think he will be a massive success.

Really, unless injuries derail him, I feel really good about his long term potential. I don't want to buy in too early, but I think he's going to work out.
    You donít have me fooled. You bought in in April.

But thatís ok, Iíve bought in to. He has all the physical tools of Cutler but with a great attitude and work ethic.
    Last edited by Al Wilson 4 Mayor; 12-02-2019 at 10:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by johnlimburg View Post
    Lol

The Hamilton drop was the first crosser in the middle of the field I seen all game

Play calling has a lot to do with it, and scrangrello has been pretty bad

Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    Lol

The Hamilton drop was the first crosser in the middle of the field I seen all game

Play calling has a lot to do with it, and scrangrello has been pretty bad
    Hamilton ran three crossers int he game, he got blown up on the first two and the DB should have been flagged on both occasions, going high on a defenceless receiver.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    Hey, are you putting out flames of happiness in various threads?? Not a biggee, but are you saying Lock looked so so, given his youth, lack of reps and not to forget, against a team with a handful of quality defenders? At least 3 pro bowlers.

I think some of us feel like he was drafted for a reason, and that we should give him every chance to succeed. We have no one else even close to being our franchise QB. And outside of Burrow, maybe, can we go to the draft thinking we can find our FQB? I don't.

Lets see how he fares in Houston. Lets give him a chance to fail a little. But lets also look for the bright spots, and the areas he can develop as well. I believe this is one of the good news stories of our year.
    I think most fans of the team hope that Lock will just keep growing and become an elite QB, but it is bit hard to swallow annointing him our future franchise QB based on ONE good drive which took a tremendous catch from Sutton on a 20% ball, and huge give aways from the Chargers. Lock's first real game is nothing compared to what Siemian did in his first game against much better competition, and Allen played a lot better against the Browns.

The proof is whether Lock can get knocked down, learn and improve but the likelihood of him being a Christian Ponder instead of a Tom Brady is overwhelming.

Scoring drives moved the ball 80, 18, 21 and 28 (penalty). There was nothing that showed a methodical ability to move the ball. 50% in the red zone - OK, but lets keep it real. According to Pro-Football_reference's expected points metric this was the 8th best offensive performance of the year by the Broncos.
    Last edited by BroncoFanDK; 12-03-2019 at 01:30 AM.