• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RocketArm006
    Totally Worth It
    • May 2008

Originally posted by darryn16 View Post
    Yes, but why target yet another QB when the problem is the oline? You can put Mahomes, Wilson, Brady or any other QB on this team and they will get destroyed without an effective line. Drafting Lawrence in the hope that he alone turns things around is just insanity.
    I would personally much prefer Lock plays well enough to motivate the FO to build a decent o-line around him. I'm just saying this injury sure ups the ante. If he comes back from the injury and plays poorly and they lose a ton of games, it would definitely put a lot of things in question. If he plays well and we still lose games, it could be a blessing in disguise having better draft capital. Meaning we are able to keep Lock and build more with higher draft pics to work with.

Trust me, I'd much rather build a team around Lock. We'll see how he comes back.

Comment

• Capt. Jack
      Football Immortal
      • Oct 2010

It seems like last year Lock didn't have any pressure on him, and did good. Now this year he is the Starter, and there is more pressure on him, and he was overthrowing some balls Etc.
      (Trying too hard maybe?)

Comment

• mojo0730
        Football Immortal
        • Oct 2006

Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
        It seems like last year Lock didn't have any pressure on him, and did good. Now this year he is the Starter, and there is more pressure on him, and he was overthrowing some balls Etc.
        (Trying too hard maybe?)
        I mean we've only seen him play one game and a series this year. No off season. No preseason. New offense.

I think there's more than sufficient reason to give him a little bit of a break.
        sigpic

Comment

• Ear2dastreets
          Hall of Famer
          • Oct 2017

Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
          Anything over 5 sacks in a game is bad. 7 sacks is garbage.
          Thats all depends on def and the play of the qb...not all sacks are on the line.
          Again UNTIL WE DRAFT A QB IN THE TOP 10....we will not be a contender. Plz stop taking other team garbage qbs and late 1st rounders Qbs. We have NEVER selected a qb top 10

Comment

• jazzbodog
            Football Immortal
            • Aug 2007

Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
            I mean we've only seen him play one game and a series this year. No off season. No preseason. New offense.

I think there's more than sufficient reason to give him a little bit of a break.
            I agree. Not sure why some fans want to throw Lock under the bus after two games.

I'm old enough to remember one other Denver QB who's NFL career didn't didn't start off too well and some fans were wanting to throw him under the bus too. His name is John Elway.

Patience Bronco nation, patience.
            Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

• dizzolve
              Orange Rush
              • Mar 2009

We played 2 really good defenses.
              The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

• Capt. Jack
                Football Immortal
                • Oct 2010

I wouldn't compare Lock to Elway. So far Lock has gotten hurt twice in 2 seasons.
                (I don't think they make football players as tough as they used to be?)
                Maybe Lock can heal up quickly and salvage his 2nd year?
                I hope and believe Lock can have a great career.

Comment

• L.M.
                  Vitalstatistix
                  • Oct 2006

Reading comments at MHR and came across this:

"I followed Drew to the Broncos as a Mizzou grad and fan. I watched every game Drew has played since he began playing in college and if IRC he’d never missed a college game due to injury as a 4 year starter in the SEC. I wouldn’t say he is injury prone at all and I’ve seen him get absolutely throttled. I’d call both of the injuries flukes and bad luck."

I thought I read somewhere that he injured his thumb in college (same one as last year) but I can't find anything on that.

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

• fraguela09
                    Byner of Buckner?
                    • Oct 2006

Right now, passing on Josh Allen for Chubb looking bad. So, right now Drew isn’t close to being what Josh Allen is... Elway? Drew has missed significant time in each of his first 2 seasons... not many QBs can boast overcoming this much...

Hope Drew can get healthy and develop and become a franchise QB... but, right now, odds of that becoming a reality is at 25%? I entered the season 50:50, but this injury is a major setback, and that follows a lost soph offseason... so, basically, Lock lost a year of development.

Comment

• Kyousukeneko
                      Football Immortal
                      • May 2010

Originally posted by fraguela09 View Post
                      Right now, passing on Josh Allen for Chubb looking bad. So, right now Drew isn’t close to being what Josh Allen is... Elway? Drew has missed significant time in each of his first 2 seasons... not many QBs can boast overcoming this much...

Hope Drew can get healthy and develop and become a franchise QB... but, right now, odds of that becoming a reality is at 25%? I entered the season 50:50, but this injury is a major setback, and that follows a lost soph offseason... so, basically, Lock lost a year of development.
                      I mean 31 teams passed on Lamar Jackson and look what he did
                      sigpic
                      oakland raders gm
                      latavis murray trade bait

Comment

• Ear2dastreets
                        Hall of Famer
                        • Oct 2017

Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
                        I mean 31 teams passed on Lamar Jackson and look what he did
                        Very truth.....i remember a lot of people call me crazy when I said baker was trash and I didn't want him here. He is two bad games away from being benched for our qb from 2 years ago smh....yall will trust me one day or maybe not....makes no difference to me lol.
                        Again UNTIL WE DRAFT A QB IN THE TOP 10....we will not be a contender. Plz stop taking other team garbage qbs and late 1st rounders Qbs. We have NEVER selected a qb top 10

Comment

• Murph2432
                          Playmaker
                          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
                          Very truth.....i remember a lot of people call me crazy when I said baker was trash and I didn't want him here. He is two bad games away from being benched for our qb from 2 years ago smh....yall will trust me one day or maybe not....makes no difference to me lol.
                          To be honest, as a Broncos fan. I still wouldn’t take Lamar. He landed on the perfect team for him. Which I agree, you were right about Baker but again him, Darnold, Rosen( straight trash) and Allen( starting this year off amazingly) was they went to a teams that were bad. Hence why they were top ten picks. Getting selected by the Ravens, who were not a bad team, was perfect for his career. They have a coaching staff that works extremely well with him and knows what he needs to succeed. Denver would have got him murdered and we def don’t have the coaches for a type of player like him. The one thing he has def proved me wrong so far is his durability. Not that he had an issue in college but was my biggest fear with him, still is to an extent, is him getting hurt running the ball, because of the amount he scrambles. But kudos to him for proving us wrong and good call on the pick a couple years ago.

Comment

• Ear2dastreets
                            Hall of Famer
                            • Oct 2017

Originally posted by Murph2432 View Post
                            To be honest, as a Broncos fan. I still wouldn’t take Lamar. He landed on the perfect team for him. Which I agree, you were right about Baker but again him, Darnold, Rosen( straight trash) and Allen( starting this year off amazingly) was they went to a teams that were bad. Hence why they were top ten picks. Getting selected by the Ravens, who were not a bad team, was perfect for his career. They have a coaching staff that works extremely well with him and knows what he needs to succeed. Denver would have got him murdered and we def don’t have the coaches for a type of player like him. The one thing he has def proved me wrong so far is his durability. Not that he had an issue in college but was my biggest fear with him, still is to an extent, is him getting hurt running the ball, because of the amount he scrambles. But kudos to him for proving us wrong and good call on the pick a couple years ago.
                            Thanks....but it seems like whatever qb denver seems to have they get killed....i been watching and studying qbs for the 2021 qb class too.

Comment

• Megalodon30
                              Football Immortal
                              • Sep 2019

Originally posted by fraguela09 View Post

Josh Allen is trash. I'm glad we passed on him.
                              Eternal Broncos Optimist

Comment

• fraguela09
                                Byner of Buckner?
                                • Oct 2006

Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
                                I wanted Darnold... Shows you what I know....

Comment

Working...
                                X