• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • VancePants
    Super Moderator
    • Dec 2008

Drew Lock Thread

Last edited by EddieMac; 11-16-2020, 06:17 PM.
  • EddieMac
    Canuck Mod, eh!
    • Feb 2004

I heard Back in '82, He used to be able to toss a pigskin a quarter of a mile.
    sigpic

Comment

• Sam_Z
      Banned User
      • Dec 2004

Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
      I heard Back in '82, He used to be able to toss a pigskin a quarter of a mile.
      How much you wanna bet he can still throw a football over those mountains in Mile High!

Comment

• Bronco51
        Football Immortal
        • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
        How much you wanna bet he can still throw a football over those mountains in Mile High!
        If coach would have put him in in the 4th quarter, he would have been state champions, no doubt, no doubt about it.

Comment

• EddieMac
          Canuck Mod, eh!
          • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post
          If coach would have put him in in the 4th quarter, he would have been state champions, no doubt, no doubt about it.

Well he has two secret weapons -- his legs, his arms and his brain.
          sigpic

Comment

• CanDB
            Football Immortal
            • Mar 2008

OK....I'll have at it. I predict Drew Lock will, along with the current group of quality young players (Lindsay, Chubb, Sutton, Freeman, and many more), provide us with high level football for a long, long time. Not saying he will play this year, but if he gets the chance, I'm fine with it. I definitely feel like next season begins the new era of golden football.

Comment

• DENVERSB50CHAMP
              Football Immortal
              • Mar 2017

Drew Lock has the potential of being a Good to Really Good To Great QB however as in Aaron Rodgers who sat for 3 years I can see Drew sitting for 2-3 Years in order to hone his mechanical skills. Time will tell.

Comment

• crabcruncher
                Practice Squad
                • Feb 2019

He should play the first quarter this Thursday, than Rypien the second and third quarters, and Hogan the fourth. I think Rypien should get the most work as he will likely be the backup.

Comment

• Papa-pwn
                  Captain
                  • Aug 2008

Originally posted by crabcruncher View Post
                  He should play the first quarter this Thursday, than Rypien the second and third quarters, and Hogan the fourth. I think Rypien should get the most work as he will likely be the backup.
                  Why will Rypien likely be the backup when he is an UDFA that has also been the worst performing QB so far? I suppose he could turn it around and have a stellar camp, but Lock has really extended the gap between them. Same goes for Hogan, he and Ryp are just about equals out there.

I think it is more likely Lock takes over #1 than Ryp getting #2, Brett is struggling to find a spot on a practice squad and at this point, i don't know that anyone will want him. .

Comment

• IAbronco24
                    Practice Squad
                    • Sep 2015

Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post
                    Why will Rypien likely be the backup when he is an UDFA that has also been the worst performing QB so far? I suppose he could turn it around and have a stellar camp, but Lock has really extended the gap between them. Same goes for Hogan, he and Ryp are just about equals out there.

I think it is more likely Lock takes over #1 than Ryp getting #2, Brett is struggling to find a spot on a practice squad and at this point, i don't know that anyone will want him. .
                    I wish I was there to watch myself. I’ve heard conflicting reports from different posters. Another poster stated that Ryp is easily the better QB right now? I find that hard to believe but again, all I can see are highlights and read reports. I haven’t read anything that would suggest either one is ahead of the other. Can’t wait to watch them play on the field in pre-season.

Comment

• Al Wilson 4 Mayor
                      team preacher
                      • Mar 2008

I would be surprised if Rypien doesn’t beat out Hogan and is groomed to be Lock’s long term back up. He has more arm talent than Hogan. His signing bonus was also the equivalent of an entire season of practice squad play.
                      sigpic
                      Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

• jflee66
                        Bench Warmer
                        • Dec 2017

Drew Lock? Is he even a Q yet??

Comment

• Papa-pwn
                          Captain
                          • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
                          I would be surprised if Rypien doesn’t beat out Hogan and is groomed to be Lock’s long term back up. He has more arm talent than Hogan. His signing bonus was also the equivalent of an entire season of practice squad play.
                          I hope he does! With he and Hogan performing as equals, it opens the door for him for sure with him being several years younger and significantly cheaper.

Comment

• Al Wilson 4 Mayor
                            team preacher
                            • Mar 2008

Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post
                            I hope he does! With he and Hogan performing as equals, it opens the door for him for sure with him being several years younger and significantly cheaper.
                            It’s not surprising he’s struggling. He worked exclusively in the spread option at Boise. If he ever took snaps under center it was very rare
                            sigpic
                            Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

• gtown53
                              All-Pro
                              • Apr 2008

Paxton Lynch and Brock Osweiler were "part of the Broncos". And Osweiler was given years to sit and learn behind Peyton Manning. How did that work out?

I have high hopes for Lock. But he hasn't taken a single snap in the NFL. That's the reality of the situation.

Comment

Working...
                              X