Page 115 of 140 FirstFirst ... 15 65 105 113 114 115 116 117 125 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,725 of 2099
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    Pretty bad analysis IMO. Sounds like he's trying to say the team held his hand scheme wise to gift him easy completions. Plus, calling him okay in college but terrible in preseason is not really an accurate assessment. Lock, quite obviously, was trending up all throughout preseason and was clearly held back by the 3rd string players he was surrounded with. Not to mention we were inexplicably giving Hogan the vast majority of the 2nd team reps.
    That was incredibly poor handling. Lock was stunted from the get go. Hogan was just a camp arm for 3rd stringers.

Quote Originally Posted by dizzolve View Post
    Some early breakdown of Lock's performance. Scangarello getting props too.

It's gonna be a fun week of media coverage of Lock and our Broncos

The first play he highlights he talks about getting an easy completion to a tight-end. That window is small, and I am not bias on Lock, I am not even big on his long term prospects, but that right there showcases the arm talent he has, and if he can find consistency making these type of plays, it displays the potential he has. Not to mention the delayed bliltzer who applied pressure in his face while he made the throw.

The second play yes, that is a great design and I could have made that throw. But, you highlight 2 throws in a game where Lock had what, 20 plus completions ? What about the seam touchdown pass he hit to Fant where he makes the right read, makes the perfect pass showing great accuracy and zip ? What about the perfectly placed deep ball down the left sideline where he drops the ball perfectly between the safety and corner for Patrick while he is falling away off of his back foot for a 35 yard completion ?

Yeah our receivers were open a lot and Lock hit a lot of easy completions, but he also hit a couple of flash type plays where you say "okay, not everyone can do that". Not every throw is going to be against extremely tight coverage, and sometimes making the simple read, taking what is given, and getting the ball into your play makers hands is the right play. I don't like the interception, that was forced and a trait Lock needs to temper, he made a lot of those plays at Missouri, but how could you not be excited right now.

Quote Originally Posted by johnlimburg View Post
    Whoever negged me in response to this post saying, "yep YOU know what's best, des;pite 95 years worth of examples to the contrary!", and ignoring the immaturity of the anonymous neg, what 95 years worth of examples are we talking about ? The idea of developing quarterbacks on the bench is proven correct by who in the past 20 years ? Aaron Rodgers and Patrick Mahomes ? I personally believe they are generational talents and become greats regardless, but even outside of them, the development on the sideline strategy just isn't supported by evidence, it isn't.
    Yeah, they either have it or they don't and you can typically see it very early on, even if just in glimpses.

The whole sit and let them learn is garbage. Mahomes sat for 1 year, didn't do Jack for him in the big picture. He was who he is. Football is just full of very dumb people and coaches to keep it real.

Watching teams play both safeties 15 yards deep at the very end of the game when the other team can end the game with 1 first down is a perfect example of what I mean. Along with endless others.

On a relevant note. I really like what I saw from Lock although the Texans were playing some trash D. But, the kid did all he could do which was incredibly encouraging especially when considering what we've been getting from young drafted QB's. Hope he keeps it up and is the franchise QB we've needed.

The interception wasnít even a bad decision, it was just poor mechanics. If he steps into that throw itís going to clear the S and the CB and at worst itís an incompletion. Neither pick so far has been a bad decision, just poor mechanics leading to poor ball placement. There were windows to fit the ball through on both of those plays.

I donít think we can score at the rate KC can and thatíll likely do us in on the road but Lock has shown enough already IMO. Once he gets a full offseason to retool his footwork and get a solid grasp on the playbook to where he doesnít have to look at his armband before snapping the ball, he will be a very good QB.

Whos to say that Lock being on IR was not a good thing. What is wrong with the thought of...seeing as Lock was on IR...he didn't have any pressure on him. He was allowed to digest the play book, he was allowed to use the simulator.....he was allowed to experience being around professionals all the while of knowing there was not any pressure on him. This allowed him to "be Drew" he studied he made good use of his time, he didn't play video's he came prepared to practice when he came off of IR and was able to show the coaching staff he was ready. IF.....he never went to IR, he may have been inserted too soon, maybe it all is too much taking everything in at once. He was allowed the opportunity to gel with everything at a slower rate. I think....everything has played out exactly how it was supposed to. I'm not so sure Lock would have set a record of 300 yards and 3 touchdowns on his first road trip if he was inserted 5 / 6 games ago. I also find it moronic now, Elway will be applauded that he drafted Lock....and Fant .......and passed on the Line Backer.......yet, there have been numerous posts stating just the opposite, and there was even a thread stating fire Elway. Good Gosh people. I always had faith that Elway knows what he's doing and I believe in his visions. Look at what that man has done for us.....my daughter became a fan of the Broncos the year we won our last super bowl. I told her at that time...."sorry baby , but it's all down hill for a little while now " . Boy did I call that. It's just a natural course. But now, I believe we are back on the eventual rise. I could go on and on, bottom line is. Elway can't do everything right all the time. But darn it, give the man some props. { PS....I sure wish Lock started in Buffalo so there was something to cheer about when I was there, but again, it just wasn't meant to be. }
    Last edited by skeeter01; 12-09-2019 at 05:11 PM.

Did anyone notice the bloody nose he had ? He was on the field playing and you could tell there was blood on his nose/ upper lip......when the drive was over and he was on the sideline talking with his QB coach....you could see he was pointing to his eye and it looked like he said he got blasted there and then he pointed to his nose and looked like he was explaining how he got that bloody nose. Anyone pick up on any of that ?

I want to be careful because itís only been two games with one really great start and the wheels could fall off but whatís been most impressive to me is it appears he has mastered the playbook way faster than it appeared 10 year veteran Joe Flacco was able too.

That and he isnít scared to take a hit and takes risks downfield.

Quote Originally Posted by skeeter01 View Post
    Did anyone notice the bloody nose he had ? He was on the field playing and you could tell there was blood on his nose/ upper lip......when the drive was over and he was on the sideline talking with his QB coach....you could see he was pointing to his eye and it looked like he said he got blasted there and then he pointed to his nose and looked like he was explaining how he got that bloody nose. Anyone pick up on any of that ?
    Saw and commented on it during the game. Nothing was ever said. One of the OL (I think) noticed and helped clean him up on the field. I wasn't sure if he took a shot and we didn't see it or what.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    I want to be careful because itís only been two games with one really great start and the wheels could fall off but whatís been most impressive to me is it appears he has mastered the playbook way faster than it appeared 10 year veteran Joe Flacco was able too.

That and he isnít scared to take a hit and takes risks downfield.
    Heís learning the playbook but mastery is a stretch IMO. I believe they had to take a timeout because there was confusion on one play (might have been other players and/or Lock didnít call the play correctly). There were a couple of plays it appeared he had to work on getting guys lined up correctly. Again, might not have been his fault but I think thereís room to continue learning. For his second start it appears heís learned a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post
    Saw and commented on it during the game. Nothing was ever said. One of the OL (I think) noticed and helped clean him up on the field. I wasn't sure if he took a shot and we didn't see it or what.
    He said he was hit in the nose and jokingly said isnt that supposed to be a penalty

so this should be fun for about a decade or so.
    Last edited by coco; 12-10-2019 at 12:58 AM.

Christmas came early for Denver!

Quote Originally Posted by mozzerpete View Post
    Christmas came early for Denver!
    That was just the stocking stuffer, the real present comes this weekend!!!!

He is up for Rookie of the week. Vote here:

http://www.nfl.com/voting/rookies/2019/REG/14

Hope this is the beginning of the next great Quarterback rivalry between Lock and Mahomes!!!!