• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BroncoStampede
    Ring of Famer
    • Dec 2004

Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post
    People really don't know what they are talking about. Not only did our best defensive players display excitement for getting to play with Flacco, our best offensive player also did. Emmanuel Sanders said; "Flacco’s a baller. He’s a baller, probably one of my favorite quarterbacks of all-time. Him and Peyton, they’re close, neck and neck".

It's pretty standard to hear these sorts of comments made by teammates of guys when they are asked, it really doesn't carry any weight at all when you consider this. What is going to matter is can Drew Lock show consistency and improvement down the stretch ? Not what comments were made by his teammates about him after he had the second best debut made by a first time starter on the team this season.
    Point taken, you dont want to hear about what Locks teammates are saying about him.

Got it. So sorry to waste your time.

Comment

• BroncoStampede
      Ring of Famer
      • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
      Right. Von Miller on May 15th:

“He’s great. I was familiar with Joe before he got here. He’s a great leader and a great quarterback. He knows what it feels like to be on a Super Bowl team. He knows what type of play we need to get there and win the big ‘ship.’ I’m excited about having Joe on my team.”

Now, it’s questionable whether or not Von is one of our best defensive players, but that’s what he said about Flacco.
      If you dont care about these comments why are you posting so much about them?

If you think they're meaningless that's fine. I enjoy reading them and I think others do too.

Comment

• BroncoStampede
        Ring of Famer
        • Dec 2004

I thought this was pretty cool:

Broncos QB Drew Lock heard from Archie and Peyton Manning after first NFL win

Comment

• Papa-pwn
          Captain
          • Aug 2008

Originally posted by BroncoStampede View Post
          I thought this was pretty cool:

Broncos QB Drew Lock heard from Archie and Peyton Manning after first NFL win

https://broncoswire.usatoday.com/201...ock-after-win/
          Not a bad family to have a relationship with!

Comment

• Al Wilson 4 Mayor
            team preacher
            • Mar 2008

This weekend will be a good litmus test. It’s very unlikely we’ll win, but hopefully Drew plays well under pressure.
            sigpic
            Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

• shadowlands
              Practice Squad
              • Sep 2013

Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
              This weekend will be a good litmus test. It’s very unlikely we’ll win, but hopefully Drew plays well under pressure.
              I live in Houston. Would be so happy if the Broncos & Drew could again, find a way!!! Shut up the Houston fans. PLEASE!!!!
              Former Colorado resident, stuck in Texas. Broncos fan since 1987

Comment

• TheAsianPA
                Captain
                • Oct 2015

I'm liable to believe that our offense is not as good as the Patriots, so I'll be surprised to see us come off an away game with a win. However at this point if Lock shows a promising follow up that will be good enough for me
                Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

• Al Wilson 4 Mayor
                  team preacher
                  • Mar 2008

Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post
                  I'm liable to believe that our offense is not as good as the Patriots, so I'll be surprised to see us come off an away game with a win. However at this point if Lock shows a promising follow up that will be good enough for me
                  It is better, but it hasn’t been good this year. The patriots have been carried by their defense.
                  sigpic
                  Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

• JvDub95
                    Football Immortal
                    • Jan 2005

Originally posted by shadowlands View Post
                    I live in Houston. Would be so happy if the Broncos & Drew could again, find a way!!! Shut up the Houston fans. PLEASE!!!!
                    I think the Texans are going to look past Denver, this will be a much closer game than most think. I do think Denver loses but, imo, it will be a FG game

​​​​

Comment

• johnlimburg
                      Ring of Famer
                      • Sep 2009

Point taken, you dont want to hear about what Locks teammates are saying about him.

Got it. So sorry to waste your time.
                      No, I enjoy hearing it. I was just pointing out that this is pretty standard practice, and pointing out that multiple players said the same for Flacco which you seemed to have missed, that's all.

Comment

• JvDub95
                        Football Immortal
                        • Jan 2005

Teammates are always going to have each other's backs. I would expect all players in the locker room to praise Lock, all it does is help motivate.

What I like more than any of that is hearing that he told Sutton what route to run on the TD catch!!! That to me is huge and something that should get all Bronco fans pumped!!!

​​​​

Comment

• Fantaztic7
                          Banned User
                          • Dec 2015

If you dont care about these comments why are you posting so much about them?

If you think they're meaningless that's fine. I enjoy reading them and I think others do too.
                          It’s not that I don’t care, just the fact players made similar comments about other quarterbacks like Flacco, Keenum, etc.

Comment

• johnlimburg
                            Ring of Famer
                            • Sep 2009

Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
                            Teammates are always going to have each other's backs. I would expect all players in the locker room to praise Lock, all it does is help motivate.

What I like more than any of that is hearing that he told Sutton what route to run on the TD catch!!! That to me is huge and something that should get all Bronco fans pumped!!!
                            That is more important, I agree, great point. For a rookie quarterback in his first start to make that call at the line of scrimmage, in the first quarter, it shows the type of confidence you want to see. Especially after the plays before where Lock look a little flustered and erratic, that is a great sign.

Comment

• Fantaztic7
                              Banned User
                              • Dec 2015

As Fangio said the play was tagged to change the route. It was a heck of a nice play to finish a drive.

Comment

• DENVERSB50CHAMP
                                Football Immortal
                                • Mar 2017

I am totally Pumped !! In Drew I trust !!

Comment

Working...
                                X