Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
    Look at Rosen who just played the Falcons.....didn't do so hot..........Look at Haskins......didn't look so hot....

I think Lock will be just fine. He has the work ethic. Lynch has been in the league for what 3 years now.....maybe 4.....he looked ok.....let's give our new guy a little slack. I will point out though.....Kelly had an impressive outing in Buffalo.....I so wish he never went to Vons house last year.

Not impressed with Lock whatsoever.

I was excited about our new season but after watching that 1st preseason game, not so much.
    Last edited by broncoslover115; 08-09-2019 at 03:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    These past two preseason games will be very good for Lock’s development IMO. Atlanta and Seattle both blitzed a lot more than what you normally see in the preseason, Seattle played at least 3 starters the whole game on defense.

I thought Lock made a concerted effort to get the ball out quicker. Most looked predetermined but it was a step in the right direction as he was trying to anticipate routes coming open vs seeing the guy come open. After he took the safety he started climbing the pocket more than he was before so he is learning from his mistakes.

His head is definitely spinning though, they zoomed in on him calling a play in the huddle and as he started to call it out he paused for a couple of seconds before giving the rest out so he still has some work to do learning the playbook. But him showing an improvement from game 1 to game 2 while still figuring out the playbook is encouraging. Once he gets a good grasp on the playbook and the speed of the NFL he can really hone in on perfecting his craft.
    One area he improved was the touch on a few of the short passes. On one play he was immediately under pressure and made a nice throw to Williams. He had a couple of passes to the backs with just the right touch. He also had a few bad throws - he had enough time on one play and threw the ball in the turf. Definitely some improvement and he just needs to keep working.
    Last edited by Fantaztic7; 08-09-2019 at 04:06 PM.

I was happy with Lock this game... improvement was noticeable...

The rest of the team? UG
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich

I liked what I saw from Flacco and Lock. Obviously, Lock still has some way to go to lock down the No.2 slot for Week 1 of the regular season but he should get there.

Quote Originally Posted by GMTD View Post
    I liked what I saw from Flacco and Lock. Obviously, Lock still has some way to go to lock down the No.2 slot for Week 1 of the regular season but he should get there.
    With so little from hogan and none from that other guy... I think they want lock as the 2
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich

So, I did not see the game, but checked into NFL.com occasionally. Lock's stats were not great but ok, and it appears he made use of the shorter pass game to some degree...which was one of the issues noted from game one. My comment is simply this...IF he showed any improvement, then that's a good sign. This is like your first day of school, these first 2 preseason games. And if one improves early, and we are talking VERY EARLY, then there is nothing to get too concerned about. Steps in the right direction, at this point, could translate to a person who can develop in the bigs.

It's early folks.

Lock showed improvement from last week which is all you can ask for a rookie. He also is actually trying to get better unlike Paxton and his Xbox. You can see flashes of greatness from Lock that has me excited. I wish he got time with the starters at some point instead if running for his life with guys who won't be in tbe league next month

Quote Originally Posted by GMTD View Post
    Flacco? He threw 3 passes at or below the LOS, missed a wide open sutton for a TD on one of those dumpoffs, threw to sutton wide left inside the end zone, and almost ruined a run play by not knowing where the mesh point was- having the ball in the wrong hand. For a 10 year vet, he didnt look very good, but it wasn't surprising. He looked as he has the last 4 years- inaccurate and afraid throwing beyond 10 yards.

Lock showed huge improvement and if he continues to improve at the pace he has all camp..he will be ready to supplant Joe far sooner than the start of next season. Two of those passes last night, the ones to fumagali and winfree, were better than any throw we've seen here since Peyton. I can't wait to see Lock get time with the 2s and 1s. I was all for starting Flacco rhe first half of the season, but I'm starting to think Flacco might not add any more wins at all over what Lock would bring should he start all year.
    Last edited by Papa-pwn; 08-09-2019 at 05:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    Flacco? He threw 3 passes at or below the LOS, missed a wide open sutton for a TD on one of those dumpoffs, threw to sutton wide left inside the end zone, and almost ruined a run play by not knowing where the mesh point was- having the ball in the wrong hand. For a 10 year vet, he didnt look very good, but it wasn't surprising. He looked as he has the last 4 years- inaccurate and afraid throwing beyond 10 yards.

Lock showed huge improvement and if he continues to improve at the pace he has all camp..he will be ready to supplant Joe far sooner than the start of next season. Two of those passes last night, the ones to fumagali and winfree, were better than any throw we've seen here since Peyton. I can't wait to see Lock get time with the 2s and 1s. I was all for starting Flacco rhe first half of the season, but I'm starting to think Flacco might not add any more wins at all over what Lock would bring should he start all year.
    This is a bit dramatic. He played one series. If he produced those stats over the course of a game I’d be worried.

But 3 for 4 for 19 yards on 1 series where the running backs went for close to or over 50 rushing yards is hardly cause for concern.

That said the obvious counter is that Lindsay and Freeman got us the fg not Flacco.

While it’s fair to say Lock needs steady improvement, the same can be said of Flacco. The offense with Flacco has only a couple of practices which they “won the day” over the defense. The offense had a sloppy practice with Flacco tossing two picks just a few days ago. Fans call out Lock for “near interceptions” when Flacco has quite a few in camp - more than a 10 year veteran should. It’s a given that Lock needs to continue developing but Flacco is another story. I expect him to lead the offense with consistent production based on the hype from many fans. I was pleased with Lock’s improvement over last week.

I think that's pretty excessive. He was under hard pressure on the throw and I believe it was Lindsey going the wrong way on that handoff....

Quote Originally Posted by EddieMac View Post
    I was happy with Lock this game... improvement was noticeable...

The rest of the team? UG
    agree

I also saw improvement in the 2nd game.

Still think the kid needs to sit all of 2019 and learn his craft but I have more faith there will be a good qb waiting to take the starting role in 2020 now.
    Win lose or tie Bronco fan til I die

Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    I think that's pretty excessive. He was under hard pressure on the throw and I believe it was Lindsey going the wrong way on that handoff....
    It was a dreadfully inaccurate pass to Sutton. Sure there was some pressure. As a 10 year veteran he needed to stand in there and give Sutton a chance - it wasn’t even close.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    While it’s fair to say Lock needs steady improvement, the same can be said of Flacco. The offense with Flacco has only a couple of practices which they “won the day” over the defense. The offense had a sloppy practice with Flacco tossing two picks just a few days ago. Fans call out Lock for “near interceptions” when Flacco has quite a few in camp - more than a 10 year veteran should. It’s a given that Lock needs to continue developing but Flacco is another story. I expect him to lead the offense with consistent production based on the hype from many fans. I was pleased with Lock’s improvement over last week.
    First preseason game with a new team/system for Flacco. He was off on the pass attempt to the EZ, he was getting a lot of pressure, for that play he did not handle as well as a vet QB should. Not much can be concluded yet, next game I am sure we will see Flacco get more than a series, I am interested in seeing that. Hopefully he and the whole offense will be "tighter" ... or is it more "crisp"?