Page 89 of 140 FirstFirst ... 39 79 87 88 89 90 91 99 139 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,335 of 2099
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    i wish we could run better this o-line is handycapping us so much.
    It doesn’t matter who we put behind center when Elway continues to Trott out backups as our starting oline every year.

Pretty much how I expected it. I had hopes of a stellar performance but he played very well, imo, for a kid who only had a couple weeks of practice. With every start he'll get better and better and I think he has the tools to be good. I don't think we chase a QB in free agency or draft. Give him the keys and build around him

Congrats on win number 1!!!

Perhaps as time goes this staff will stop coaching to lose and let QBs keep throwing downfield as the game goes.

It wasn't great, but he showed some promise and should get better as he builds a better connection with his receivers

Played ok, missed some really big plays and Hamilton almost cost us the game.

I like the kid, look forward to seeing him get comfortable and improve.

I liked it. Made a few errors, but overall proves that he has an arm, is mobile, and is confident. Sure, some inaccuracy, but what did we expect, a perfect game?

I like him. I like what he did. I particularly like the zip he has, and that pass that Hamilton dropped might have sewn up the game when it happened.

Heck, the poor guy needs more reps, because he was reading his plays regularly. Pretty good composure though, because he took it all in stride.

I think we have our starter.

Quote Originally Posted by Orangecrush21 View Post
    It wasn't great, but he showed some promise and should get better as he builds a better connection with his receivers
    Someone has to demand Scangarello actually develop his play rather than the garbage they pulled in the second half.

Acceptable for his first start. Looking forward to seeing more.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco51 View Post
    Someone has to demand Scangarello actually develop his play rather than the garbage they pulled in the second half.
    Agreed. Our inability to do anything in the 2nd half is an adjustment issue. Scang needs to figure this out quick

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco51 View Post
    Scangs is terrible in the 2nd half. Has been all year. He definitely goes into “play not to lose” mode. Makes some pretty head scratching calls.

End of first half was some of the worst coaching you could expect across the board.

I like what I saw in Lock.

Unfortunately Scangarello will slow down his development with his piss-poor 2nd, 3rd & 4th QTR 'playbook'.

Special thanks to Sam_Z for the SB rings collage above

BTW...he helped win the game, even though the situation was similar to some earlier losses. The TD by Evans could have been the first nail in the coffin, and that 4th and 11 nearly did it. But instead he comes out and throws a catchable ball that turns into the play of the game...the PI on Heyward. A little luck, but it doesn't happen unless you throw. it.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    BTW...he helped win the game, even though the situation was similar to some earlier losses. The TD by Evans could have been the first nail in the coffin, and that 4th and 11 nearly did it. But instead he comes out and throws a catchable ball that turns into the play of the game...the PI on Heyward. A little luck, but it doesn't happen unless you throw. it.
    We wouldn't have needed the luck if Hamilton wasn't such a scrub

I liked what I saw of him out there today. He has improved every single time he has taken the field. He had a couple of questionable throws where he went to the outside (away from coverage) when the receiver went inside (probably didn't make the right read) and two bad throws (one very poorly placed air ball and one interception) but he made a lot of plays with his arm talent and his legs. He also reacted very quickly to whatever the D threw at him. And he read the D, went through his progressions, and allowed plays to develop. He still has to face Defense that will get more and more tape on him but he's doing well so far.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    It was pretty similar to what Phyllis did to give SD their game tying FG try.