Page 120 of 140 FirstFirst ... 20 70 110 118 119 120 121 122 130 ... LastLast
Results 1,786 to 1,800 of 2099
    Anyway, what was up with Lock today ? What went wrong offensively ? If it wasn't Scrangerello and no commitment to the run game, was Lock just horrible ?

Quote Originally Posted by johnlimburg View Post
    Anyway, what was up with Lock today ? What went wrong offensively ? If it wasn't Scrangerello and no commitment to the run game, was Lock just horrible ?
    You're going to get differing opinions. Take a quick look through the game day thread. I think it would give you a better idea of what happened.
    Administrator

#LupusAwareness

Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe --- I adopted: Everyone!

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

I am really not sure...

But, from what I saw it started with us losing the battle of the trenches. One way or another, KC's defensive line absolutely manhandled us. It's not much of an exaggeration to say that Lock had a free, unblocked blitzing player in his face every other play. It was really bad. On top of that, our line was losing one on one match ups... Our backup RT got abused all game and often times didn't even slow their end down.

We failed to get anything going on the ground. I think mostly because our line wasn't opening holes. We became one dimensional. KC effectively took Sutton out of the game. He came up with a few big plays and looked great when he had the ball in his hands.

We dropped some balls. We were penalized worse than anytime in recent memory.

KC adapted much better to the snow than we did. Kelsey and Mahomes did whatever they wished to us...

Overall, KC just looked like a much superior team across the board. From the first drive on. That being said, Drew Lock really impressed me with his composure. He had no help and took a ton of hits. He kept his composure, displayed good leadership... he looked athletic, he converted some third downs by scrambling from the pocket and making a throw on the run showing real athletic ability. He's tough. But we padded stats in the fourth quarter and even though we held KC to field goals early on we were never really competitive in this game.

He had some good and bad plays. They passed 40 plays vs 15 run. There were really only two bad decisions/throws. The offense drove the ball the length of the field and Lock threw an INT, overturned with a defensive holding call. On the next play he rolled to his left and made a bad throw back across the field trying to hit Fant in the right corner of the end zone, INT. The line was really bad, Wilkinson in particular. I donít remember more than a handful of plays there werenít free rushers coming at him. There were also multiple dropped balls. I wouldnít say he played well but there was a lot of bad play all around.
    Last edited by Fantaztic7; 12-15-2019 at 04:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    He had some good and bad plays. They passed 40 plays vs 15 run. There were really only two bad decisions/throws. The offense drove the ball the length of the field and Lock threw an INT, overturned with a defensive holding call. On the next play he rolled to his left and made a bad throw back across the field trying to hit Fant in the right corner of the end zone, INT. The line was really bad, Wilkinson in particular. I don’t remember more than a handful of plays there weren’t free rushers coming at him. There were also multiple dropped balls. I wouldn’t say he played well but there was a lot of bad play all around.
    I actually came out of today's game more convinced he's the guy than I was going into today. He went into the most hostile stadium in the league, and the o-line gave him not real help, nor did the run game. But he didn't panic. You could see him going through his reads, he moved around to buy time, and he stood in there and took hits to try and make plays.

A loss is a loss, but for a rookie to show that moxie in a game they've already lost, that's a big thing for me. Hopefully he has 2 good games to end the season, then they can spend the offseason building around him.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    I actually came out of today's game more convinced he's the guy than I was going into today. He went into the most hostile stadium in the league, and the o-line gave him not real help, nor did the run game. But he didn't panic. You could see him going through his reads, he moved around to buy time, and he stood in there and took hits to try and make plays.

A loss is a loss, but for a rookie to show that moxie in a game they've already lost, that's a big thing for me. Hopefully he has 2 good games to end the season, then they can spend the offseason building around him.
    I would add receivers didn't really help him either with the number of drops I saw. But we have an extremely young offense with what McGovern and Heuerman being our oldest players on offense that played

Adopted Broncos:
    (2011-2013) Eric Decker
    (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
    (2019-Current) Drew Lock
    Adopted posters:
    Everyone

The 4th down conversion to Fant was a gorgeous pass. One criticism of Lock, including Fangioís comments in camp, was that Lock lacked touch on the ball. In bad weather under pressure thatís about as good a throw any quarterback can make.

Quote Originally Posted by #87Birdman View Post
    I would add receivers didn't really help him either with the number of drops I saw. But we have an extremely young offense with what McGovern and Heuerman being our oldest players on offense that played

Yep it seemed like there were a lot of drops, not even attempting to catch balls, as well as not getting in and out of breaks going on today. But there is a lot of youth so hopefully they can mature going forward and today is a learning experience.

Not sure who is setting the protections before the snap but thereís always a free guy coming through unblocked even if itís only 5 guys coming.

Lock was fine, it was really more of the same today as the past two weeks. Inconsistent with his footwork combined with terrible game conditions led to the ball getting away from him. Lots of dropped passes, Sutton had a TD swatted out of his hands by Mathieu. Lindsay dropped 2, Sutton dropped 2 or 3, Hamilton and Patrick both dropped 1 or 2, Beck dropped 1. Fant got banged up, Sutton got banged up later both played through it. Patrick, Hamilton, and Brown definitely need some competition next season. These can not be our WRs behind Sutton next season or the offseason will be a failure in my eyes.

I still like what Lock showed, I think the team wouldíve performed much better had we not been in a snowstorm and the game wouldíve been much closer.

drink a beer and make love to someone. we all knew this game was a loss. the progression he has made impresses me so i think we got out new qb. assuming i live till next year im looking forward to what the kid can do!!!! if we got his back i know he will play his heart out. GO BRONCOS.

You, me and Dan Fouts agree.

Penalties were another big issue. I think I saw a stat that said our average 3rd down was 7.25 yards to go, not a good situation to put a young QB in. His INT was a bad play but he didn't have many of them.

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    Not sure who is setting the protections before the snap but thereís always a free guy coming through unblocked even if itís only 5 guys coming.

Lock was fine, it was really more of the same today as the past two weeks. Inconsistent with his footwork combined with terrible game conditions led to the ball getting away from him. Lots of dropped passes, Sutton had a TD swatted out of his hands by Mathieu. Lindsay dropped 2, Sutton dropped 2 or 3, Hamilton and Patrick both dropped 1 or 2, Beck dropped 1. Fant got banged up, Sutton got banged up later both played through it. Patrick, Hamilton, and Brown definitely need some competition next season. These can not be our WRs behind Sutton next season or the offseason will be a failure in my eyes.

I still like what Lock showed, I think the team wouldíve performed much better had we not been in a snowstorm and the game wouldíve been much closer.
    KC played in the same snowstorm.

Quote Originally Posted by $Broncos$ View Post
    drink a beer and make love to someone. we all knew this game was a loss. the progression he has made impresses me so i think we got out new qb. assuming i live till next year im looking forward to what the kid can do!!!! if we got his back i know he will play his heart out. GO BRONCOS.
    CP when I get to my laptop......

So Lock just played really badly ? The offensive line was trash ? What happened ?
    I donít think Lock played bad given what he dealt with

The Rt was an issue again just completely wiffing blocks on key downs in fact the whole line was bad
    The run blocking was poor also
    Then you had multiple drops on perfectly catchable passes
    Once again scrangrello has issues calling plays to get people open at times

Buzz Lightyear had a rough re-entry. Not to worry. He will be in communication with Star Command again next week.