Page 92 of 140 FirstFirst ... 42 82 90 91 92 93 94 102 ... LastLast
Results 1,366 to 1,380 of 2099
    Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    I think he is more than accurate enough. Every QB has miss throws so I'm not worried about that. It's not like he is over or under throwing every pass. That pick he threw was pretty stupid but what I liked is it clearly didn't effect him. He shrugged it off and kept fighting, that's the type head strong QB I want
    I agree with you here. I want a QB who will make a mistake and then go to the OC right away and tell him to call the play again because he can make that throw. Now that doesn't mean I want a guy continuously making mistakes. But I want a guy who learns from his mistakes and who's confident enough to want the play again to correct what he did wrong.

Hopefully Scangarello is on super thin ice. The fact that Fangio had to veto taking a knee before the long shot to Sutton and the penalty might mean a little hope that Fangio wants some aggressiveness.

Nice job by Drew Lock!!!
    I am proud of the kid. I hope he keeps getting better and he reaches his full potential!

Quote Originally Posted by #87Birdman View Post
    So, in Lockís first career start, Lock defies the OC and calls for an alternate receiver route than results in a TD and then later on Fangio defies the OC by calling a deep ball which results in a DPI that opens the door to a game winning field goal.

Not a good look for Scags.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    My problem with his play calling is it's too reliant on the run game. Today the run game isn't going which takes away the majority of their passing game. And the run game is scattergun. Aggression and creativity are great but you need to have base plays that you can go to and count on no matter what. The run game isn't going, so we start calling play X (whether it's a lead or off tackle, whatever) over and over because we know that we can always get 3-4 on it, because it's one of our 10 base plays. Then based on the base play going a little bit you can add a play action off of it, then when they're keying on that you can start calling an end around from it. etc.

They need those base plays that are the pillar of the O, then build the rest off of that. If the game plan is getting beaten up, go to the base plays. Things have dried up...go to the base.
    Are there any NFL teams nowadays who run a series based rushing attack?

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco51 View Post
    By doing their job? Allen or Lock is not some state secret that tilts the scales either way. And my point was more that the no nonsense coach is now admitting they had no good reason to not name Lock, just playing silly games.
    Silly games? You mean like the untrue article about Fangio and the players that the entire team has called bogus?
    I donít think we won because we didnít announce the starter but I donít think the team should tell the media anything about who will start or who will play. Sounds like you think we should.
    Just two different opinions, Iíll leave it at that.

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    Are there any NFL teams nowadays who run a series based rushing attack?
    The Rams did, when they ran the stretch with the fly motion, and most of their stuff was built off of that. The 49ers would be similar. Not surprisingly that both come from the same coaching tree.

Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    Silly games? You mean like the untrue article about Fangio and the players that the entire team has called bogus?
    I donít think we won because we didnít announce the starter but I donít think the team should tell the media anything about who will start or who will play. Sounds like you think we should.
    Just two different opinions, Iíll leave it at that.
    Fair enough. But the we were playing silly games was Fangioís quote not mine.

All I know is that we got ourselves a young gunslinger whoís already bucking at the shackles, and taking charge on the field when it matters. There will be some ugly days over the next 20 games- but I think fewer and fewer as time progresses. Get Ďem broken in, and letís get working on the rest of the roster!

Since we're here talking about Scangrello, I figured it would be appropriate to share that his mentor, Kyle Shanahan, called a TE sweep to Kittle today. Much like the Broncos version the 49ers lost 3 yards on the play. Hopefully both teams retire the play and realize it's awful.

Goodbye Joe Flacco
    I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    Since we're here talking about Scangrello, I figured it would be appropriate to share that his mentor, Kyle Shanahan, called a TE sweep to Kittle today. Much like the Broncos version the 49ers lost 3 yards on the play. Hopefully both teams retire the play and realize it's awful.
    LOL. I saw them run the play and almost threw up the leftover turkey and stuffing.

Quote Originally Posted by XterraRob View Post
    Goodbye Joe Flacco
    We should start talking about what a great mentor he has been for Lock and see if we can flip him to a team about to draft a guy

Itís awesome to see someone playing football and having fun.
    Lock looks like a kid playing a game he loves, I canít remember the last time we had somebody under center here that had fun playing.
    Reminded me of Farve early in his career.....