Page 112 of 140 FirstFirst ... 12 62 102 110 111 112 113 114 122 ... LastLast
Results 1,666 to 1,680 of 2095
    I like his attitude it was nice watching him play today.

Quote Originally Posted by RocketArm006 View Post
    I gotta say. Itís really easy to get behind this kid. He has the physical attributes and he seems to have a good head on his shoulders. He gets pumped up. Heís showing good preparation. Shows good poise.

Come to think about it, Iím done with my ďtoo early to tellĒ stance. Iím all in on Lock.
    I'm not quite there yet. My expectations are still tempered. But I'll say this much, if he upsets the Chiefs, I'm buying in. The Chiefs could contend for the Super Bowl this year, and should Lock take it to them, I'll be ready to get behind the young man.

If Lock keeps progressing, next Sunday will be the first in many very fun games of what could be an intense Lock vs. Mahommes rivalry. This could be a legit rivalry for years to come.

Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon30 View Post
    I'm not quite there yet. My expectations are still tempered. But I'll say this much, if he upsets the Chiefs, I'm buying in. The Chiefs could contend for the Super Bowl this year, and should Lock take it to them, I'll be ready to get behind the young man.

If Lock keeps progressing, next Sunday will be the first in many very fun games of what could be an intense Lock vs. Mahommes rivalry. This could be a legit rivalry for years to come.
    Sorry, but the outcome of the Broncos / Chiefs shouldn't be the threshold anyone should have for whether Lock should or shouldn't be the Broncos QB of the near future. The Chiefs outclass the Broncos in nearly every position. Period. With it being only Lock's third game, I think everyone should just temper themselves a bit on hanging the future of the young man on beating a MUCH better team. He did great today and it was a great team win, and you can obviously do what you want, but I'm just taking it a game at a time and hoping he continues to play well.

Well we all have our own parameters and I respect that. Still, expecting a rookie to go into Arrowhead in December on a losing team and pull out a win is a pretty tall order. Iím guessing you wonít be all in after next week.

I agree it can potentially be a great rivalry for many years to come. Expecting a win in KC next week is unrealistic IMO. It could happen and Iíd be very happy, but very unlikely.

Just read this on ESPN:

Seth Walder - ESPN Analytics

Drew Lock recorded a Total QBR of 98.7 today. That's the highest QBR game this season by a quarterback not named Lamar Jackson.

Well we all have our own parameters and I respect that. Still, expecting a rookie to go into Arrowhead in December on a losing team and pull out a win is a pretty tall order. Iím guessing you wonít be all in after next week.

I agree it can potentially be a great rivalry for many years to come. Expecting a win in KC next week is unrealistic IMO. It could happen and Iíd be very happy, but very unlikely.
    We just went into Houston against what could be a playoff team and Lock took them to the woodshed. And the Chiefs defense isn't exactly the best in the league. If our D can make some plays next Sunday, we could have a shot at stealing one from KC.

If Lock can go on the road in back-to-back weeks and beat potential playoff teams, I'll be ready to buy in. He's looked impressive in these 1st couple games. More impressive than I expected. Win in KC and I'll be ready to say the kid is franchise material.

We just went into Houston against what could be a playoff team and Lock took them to the woodshed. And the Chiefs defense isn't exactly the best in the league. If our D can make some plays next Sunday, we could have a shot at stealing one from KC.

If Lock can go on the road in back-to-back weeks and beat potential playoff teams, I'll be ready to buy in. He's looked impressive in these 1st couple games. More impressive than I expected. Win in KC and I'll be ready to say the kid is franchise material.
    And if they donít win? Would it be impossible to see him as franchise material? Would they have to look at drafting another QB if they lose next week?

I gotta say. It’s really easy to get behind this kid. He has the physical attributes and he seems to have a good head on his shoulders. He gets pumped up. He’s showing good preparation. Shows good poise.

Come to think about it, I’m done with my “too early to tell” stance. I’m all in on Lock.
    I'm mostly in on lock. I still need to see what he does with teams planning for him with sufficient game film available.

I probably won't be 100% sold until next season, but I really like what he's shown so far. I love his play and Moxy.

I hope that happens, I really do. But I'm not hanging my support of him on that game. My take, given the level of QB play we've been subjected to for the last 4 years since Manning, Lock's already played well enough to ensure he's the starter for the rest of this year and all of next year, barring some career-killing implosion. I'm even fine with year after that if he continues to show improvement, which I think he will.

Let's move on from the constant, never ending search for the starting QB, and start focusing on improving the rest of the team for a change.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverJay View Post
    Sorry, but the outcome of the Broncos / Chiefs shouldn't be the threshold anyone should have for whether Lock should or shouldn't be the Broncos QB of the near future. The Chiefs outclass the Broncos in nearly every position. Period. With it being only Lock's third game, I think everyone should just temper themselves a bit on hanging the future of the young man on beating a MUCH better team. He did great today and it was a great team win, and you can obviously do what you want, but I'm just taking it a game at a time and hoping he continues to play well.
    That's not what I meant. I'm not saying if he loses he should get benched or if he loses we should be looking for an upgrade this offseason. What I'm saying is I, personally, still see him as a developmental QB. I still see him as needing a lot of work before we can call him the guy.

But I am saying that if he goes into KC and grabs a victory over a team that "outclasses the Broncos in nearly every position," that I'd be ready to jump on the Lock bandwagon.

I think he's done enough to be the unquestionable starter the rest of this year and probably into the offseason. But if he gets another W next Sunday, he's cementing that as a certainty.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    I'm mostly in on lock. I still need to see what he does with teams planning for him with sufficient game film available.

I probably won't be 100% sold until next season, but I really like what he's shown so far. I love his play and Moxy.
    I will fully admit that Iím starved for a QB, so Iím very happy with what Iíve seen so far. Heís certainly done enough to be the starter going into next season IMO. I really want to see a Bronco at QB and Iím excited for the prospect of knowing who our QB is going into an offseason. Having the QB position figured out certainly makes it easier to build around him.

That's not what I meant. I'm not saying if he loses he should get benched or if he loses we should be looking for an upgrade this offseason. What I'm saying is I, personally, still see him as a developmental QB. I still see him as needing a lot of work before we can call him the guy.

But I am saying that if he goes into KC and grabs a victory over a team that "outclasses the Broncos in nearly every position," that I'd be ready to jump on the Lock bandwagon.

I think he's done enough to be the unquestionable starter the rest of this year and probably into the offseason. But if he gets another W next Sunday, he's cementing that as a certainty.
    I get that take. The likelihood is very low they pull out a win next week, but thatís why they play the games.

And if they donít win? Would it be impossible to see him as franchise material? Would they have to look at drafting another QB if they lose next week?
    If they don't win, I'll still see him as "developmental" QB rather than "franchise" QB. I'm not ready to say this kid absolutely has the keys to the franchise yet. A win in KC is enough for me, as a fan, to buy in all the way.

If not, then my opinion stays the same. He was a second round pick for a reason. Obviously he has some things to work on, but if he can win big games against superior competition and rivals, it will show me that the kid has the toughness and grit I want out of a franchise passer. It will be enough to show me that he has the physical skills to compete at the NFL level.

Like I said, if he beats KC, I'm buying in.

I kind of wonder if the Chargers and the Texans both concentrated too much on run D rather than trying to shut Lock down. I know that there were certain plays in the game where that did not happen, like SD playing Cover Zero on his first TD throw, but I wonder about the overall game plan against the Broncos. At some point teams are going to have to come off of that if that's what they are doing. If Lock can beat a game plan that is designed against him then we've really got something. They'll be able to run the ball and just kill people. I'll say that if Lock can beat a decent team that is game planning against him then he's the franchise guy, all things considered.

Well, he's only had two games, so I agree he still has a lot of improving to do. But that's the great thing right, I think his ceiling is a lot higher than what we've seen so far, and I think he will improve like everyone says he should. And if that happens, hang on, it's gonna get crazy.