Page 34 of 140 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 44 84 134 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    They wouldn't bench him because they knew Brandon freaking Allen isn't going to come in and do any better. They completely botched the development of Lock and the QB position, starting AND backup. If they had handled Drew Lock's thumb situation better, we'd at least have hope to distance ourselves from Flacco sooner.
    Because again, they were delusional about what they were and what Flacco could do, hence them restructuring his contract a week or two into the season.

I'm telling you, this team will stick with Flacco until the end of the year or barring injury.

They wouldn't bench him because they knew Brandon freaking Allen isn't going to come in and do any better. They completely botched the development of Lock and the QB position, starting AND backup. If they had handled Drew Lock's thumb situation better, we'd at least have hope to distance ourselves from Flacco sooner.
    Yep, how in the world do you put a player on IR over a minor thumb injury and nobody questions it??

ಠ◡ಠ ⊙▃⊙ ಠ_ಠ ಠ~ಠ ಥ_ಥ
    Quote Originally Posted by mojo0730 View Post
    I just don't see them benching Flacco, even when Lock is healthy. I can see them putting Lock on IR for the remainder of the year just to avoid that.

They're just so delusional about what they are.
    This. Admit they made mistakes? Never.

I feel bad for the kid. He's gonna be under so much pressure and scrutiny while getting sacked 5+ times a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
    This is probably the truth, it speaks volumes the fact they wouldnít bench Flacco tonight after that horrendous QB performance
    Itís never been their MO to start rookies. Paxton (although he sucked) was never gonna sniff real time barring injuries. Even Tebow had to wait until the stands were half empty by December to play. I will never understand that mentality, but they stick to it religiously.

Yep, how in the world do you put a player on IR over a minor thumb injury and nobody questions it??
    Because..."Flacco is in his prime."

Unbelievable.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

Because again, they were delusional about what they were and what Flacco could do, hence them restructuring his contract a week or two into the season.

I'm telling you, this team will stick with Flacco until the end of the year or barring injury.
    It's unbelievable how bad the decisions that were made, actually happened. First was signing Flacco and telling the fanbase that he was going to make us competitive. Hadn't happened in Baltimore for 5 years, was that really going to happen here? Next was drafting Lock, only to double back on it and throw him away on IR. That's either a waste of a franchise QB, or a waste of a second round pick that we traded up for. Oh and of course, the O line. Bolles, James, the whole lot. This team is Elway's mess, and I'm finally at the point where I will say that Elway does NOT deserve the right to clean this mess up.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

I really think thereís a lot of truth to this. Gawd I hope youíre wrong.

Because..."Flacco is in his prime."

Unbelievable.
    I was like ďWhat???Ē When Elway said that.

Well, given the state of the OL play at this point, I don't see Flacco getting out of the next couple games without some kind of multi-game injury. Allen better be ready and they better have a third stringer on the sideline as well.

Elway signed CK and traded him

I doubt having to cough up ten mill to cut Flacco would stop him from doing it if he felt lock was ready

At this point there is absolutely zero reason for Fangio to play flacco again
    Allen might suck because of youth and inexperience and talent

But he could scramble, he could see a hole and get two

Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post

I doubt having to cough up ten mill to cut Flacco would stop him from doing it if he felt lock was ready

But they still stuck with Case Keenum all season. They MAY cut Flacco after the season ends, but it'll be highly unlikely Flacco gets benched. MAYBE, and I mean MAYBE when Lock is available. But even then, I have zero faith that this team will accept what it is.

But they still stuck with Case Keenum all season. They MAY cut Flacco after the season ends, but it'll be highly unlikely Flacco gets benched. MAYBE, and I mean MAYBE when Lock is available. But even then, I have zero faith that this team will accept what it is.
    And sticking with Flacco tonight is fangios call

If Fangio flat out said lock needs to come off IR I think he would take him off

If Fangio said we canít win with Flacco and have to move to lock so we know what we have Iím sure elway would agree

If we ainít gonna win anyway we might as well

And sticking with Flacco tonight is fangios call

If Fangio flat out said lock needs to come off IR I think he would take him off

If Fangio said we can’t win with Flacco and have to move to lock so we know what we have I’m sure elway would agree

If we ain’t gonna win anyway we might as well
    Drew Lock isn't coming off until week 8 to practice. We won't see him start until week 10 because of the rules of IR
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

I still canít believe they put him on IR over a minor thumb injury, that shouldíve been investigated by the NFL. And for what... to sign Corey Nelson???
    It was a grade 2 sprain which involves tearing of the ligament. You donít risk a playerís career especially with a dumpster fire team.
    Last edited by Fantaztic7; 10-17-2019 at 11:29 PM.

Agreed. Elway has also never shown to care much about dead cap space when deciding to move on from a player.

If Lock excels, Flacco will be cut. If Lock is absolutely awful and it looks like we're going QB rd1, Flacco will probably be cut. Really, I think it is likely he is cut no matter what. Elway won't let him and his 25m cap hit stick around. We'll sign a Fitzpatrick type for 2m and have him back-up Lock, hopefully.