Page 106 of 140 FirstFirst ... 6 56 96 104 105 106 107 108 116 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,590 of 2099
    Quote Originally Posted by lvbronx View Post
    Logic actually says we should expect to be .500, as that's the statistical expectation. I guess we have a "right" to want anything, but that doesn't make it logical. There are 31 other teams with fans with expectations that they all be good. That can't happen.
    Literally correct. But my point was from a fan perspective, that we want to win, and we expect the attempt by the organization to be winners. Few of us want to be perennial 500 teams. Fan logic and fan passion logic are two different things. Then again, if you are a fan of The Pats this decade, the logic of being a winner would be very much "logical"! I've witnessed plenty of sports and plenty of different fan base reactions, and I will say this, do not under-estimate the logic of fans when they assess situations and see a real issue and/or a solution.

So....anything else I said that was logical? Like the meat of it. The key parts, like we might have been right as a group to expect Lock to play sooner than later, given the way things unfolded. That we as fans seemed more strategic to expect to go into the offseason, a critical period, with a solid plan at QB, and the rest of our team.....which meant Oline priority as well.

I think the fans of late have been extremely logical!
    Last edited by CanDB; 12-04-2019 at 12:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoStampede View Post
    Legwold was in the "I dont want Lock to play at all this year because he will get killed behind our o-line" camp. If I was Spock I would say that is illogical, then I would say live long and prosper.

I find Legwold hypocritical for making such an illogical statement and then calling others who wanted Lock to play illogical. There's a bunch of illogical and contradictory statements here. We need Spock to come sort this all out!
    Touchdown!!!!!!!!

Lock sure looked lost out there...…

J/K....he looked quite adept given the little time of late to prepare. Now that is more illogical than anything!

This stuff I hear or read about Lock makes me wonder. Again, sounded at times like Lock had no future in Denver. Really??!!! I feel good about him so far. I must be on something, even though I'm not!!!

(note from editor: this enthusiasm I have does not equate to giving Lock a free ride. He has to progress. He may not be our franchise QB.)

BUT I think he will be!!!
    Last edited by CanDB; 12-04-2019 at 12:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post
    I'll bite.

What if the logic was to let the season go down the drain when Flacco was flailing with the hope of stashing Lock on the IR for a minor injury as long as possible with an almost plausible excuse later that it's so late in the season for Lock to come up to speed with the offense for any meaningful snaps. The hope was for a high draft pick going in to next season. Flacco's injury made that slightly difficult because Rypien is hardly backup material at this point to Allen. And Allen could not be sustained with is obvious low ceiling so the cry for Lock only grew.

As much as I would hate to know that might be the truth I can honestly see our FO accepting the loss on the year with a high draft pick and a good stash of cash next year for FAs.

However illogical, we are beyond that now so the planning has to be with Lock at QB now going forward, not later, and build from there.
    The plans for next year depend on a reliable evaluation of Drew Lock. The only way to get that is to play him. If he starts the remaining games, they will have it. Brandon Allen is a decent backup. Brett Rypien makes a good third team QB for TC/preseason. Need to know about Drew to have a clearer picture of the QB position.

Quote Originally Posted by RocketArm006 View Post
    Most of the posters who are excited about Lock are still acknowledging that itís only one game and there is more to be seen. I was encouraged and Iím just happy to have something compelling to watch for the next month.

I like Lock. He seems like a pretty well put together kid, as in he doesnít seem like a 10 cents head guy. He played an acceptable game. Thereís still a month to go and Iím simply looking forward to watching how it turns out.

As a franchisee, isnít Lock working out the best case scenario? Of course it is. As a fan, I really hope he works out. Maybe he does, maybe he doesnít.

Point is that there is finally a shift in the direction of this team. It gives me something to get interested in. After the past 3 years, you canít really blame people for wanting to get excited.

We shall see how it pans out. At this moment in time, Iím encouraged and compelled.
    Well said.

I do remember the Semien contract thing in the media. Keenum threw 3 picks in his first game. Not sure who said he would be the man for years to come.

Sure many outside Dove Valley have had opinions, but this statement came directly from the Broncos roster.
    I think the buzz with Siemian was after the 42-17 win over the Cowboys. Whew how quickly the tide changed!

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    I am glad there was a public outcry. We did not hold Lock back. We want to see what we have in this young man, who was drafted fairly high for a reason. We want to know if we have a QB for the future. We want to AVOID another QB search...especially if it means yet another very high draft pick. We don't want to "waste" draft capital if we don't need to. We want our draft capital to be used wisely, and for at least one quality Oliner. And yes, we pay at the gate.

Logic says, we not only have a right to expect good results, but we in this case, seem very logical in what we prescribed, in terms of getting Lock onto the field before it was too late.
    I donít think wanting him to play several games this year was illogical. My concern was him playing within 2 weeks of being activated.
    Either way we should get a good sample size, unfortunately the playbook is going to be fairly limited and once again people will be squawking about the play calling.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    I donít think wanting him to play several games this year was illogical. My concern was him playing within 2 weeks of being activated.
    Either way we should get a good sample size, unfortunately the playbook is going to be fairly limited and once again people will be squawking about the play calling.
    Fangio said yesterday that they really didnt limit the playbook at all for Lock

Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    That's a good sign. The biggest problem, to me, was that our run game wasn't working when we needed it to. Could be bad playcalling. Could be plays being made by the SD Defense. Could be plays missed by the Denver Offense. The Offense gave the appearance of being limited and they need to work on it, get it fixed.

It's not just Sutton talking up Lock.

Simmons: Drew Lock is someone guys want to play for

https://www.milehighreport.com/2019/...ag-to-his-game

It's not just Sutton talking up Lock.

Simmons: Drew Lock is someone guys want to play for

https://www.milehighreport.com/2019/...ag-to-his-game
    Players made similar comments about Flacco during camp. I think some made positive comments about Allen after his debut. Itís good for guys to support Lock, but itís not like theyíre going to say they wouldnít want to play for him. Ultimately what matters is how Lock plays.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    Players made similar comments about Flacco during camp. I think some made positive comments about Allen after his debut. Itís good for guys to support Lock, but itís not like theyíre going to say they wouldnít want to play for him. Ultimately what matters is how Lock plays.
    You're probably right. I bet lots of our best defensive players went out of their way to say they wanted to play for Joe "Check his pulse to see if hes still alive" Flacco.

You're probably right. I bet lots of our best defensive players went out of their way to say they wanted to play for Joe "Check his pulse to see if hes still alive" Flacco.
    Right. Von Miller on May 15th:

ďHeís great. I was familiar with Joe before he got here. Heís a great leader and a great quarterback. He knows what it feels like to be on a Super Bowl team. He knows what type of play we need to get there and win the big Ďship.í Iím excited about having Joe on my team.Ē

Now, itís questionable whether or not Von is one of our best defensive players, but thatís what he said about Flacco.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iPxcE9iiZas

Not sure if this has been posted on the boards yet, but it’s interesting to listen to
    Last edited by EddieMac; 12-05-2019 at 07:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    Right. Von Miller on May 15th:

ďHeís great. I was familiar with Joe before he got here. Heís a great leader and a great quarterback. He knows what it feels like to be on a Super Bowl team. He knows what type of play we need to get there and win the big Ďship.í Iím excited about having Joe on my team.Ē

Now, itís questionable whether or not Von is one of our best defensive players, but thatís what he said about Flacco.
    People really don't know what they are talking about. Not only did our best defensive players display excitement for getting to play with Flacco, our best offensive player also did. Emmanuel Sanders said; "Flaccoís a baller. Heís a baller, probably one of my favorite quarterbacks of all-time. Him and Peyton, theyíre close, neck and neck".

It's pretty standard to hear these sorts of comments made by teammates of guys when they are asked, it really doesn't carry any weight at all when you consider this. What is going to matter is can Drew Lock show consistency and improvement down the stretch ? Not what comments were made by his teammates about him after he had the second best debut made by a first time starter on the team this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    Ok

Ten characters