Page 93 of 140 FirstFirst ... 43 83 91 92 93 94 95 103 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,395 of 2099
    Quote Originally Posted by XterraRob View Post
    Goodbye Joe Flacco
    Letís hope Lock ends up like the last guy who took over the starter job after him

I think Scang gets another season. If he doesn't show progress then they need a rmid season replacement ready.
    Last edited by BroncoRy; 12-01-2019 at 07:31 PM. Reason: Need to add a word

Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    Itís awesome to see someone playing football and having fun.
    Lock looks like a kid playing a game he loves, I canít remember the last time we had somebody under center here that had fun playing.
    Reminded me of Farve early in his career.....
    Yet, you argued incessantly for quite some time to not play him.

Let’s hope Lock ends up like the last guy who took over the starter job after him
    Hopefully Flacco is the next Steve Deberg. Deberg played for the 49ers then they drafted Montana. Then he played for the Broncos and we got Elway. Then he went to Tampa and they drafted Vinnie Testaverde.

A lot has to go right. He looked competent tonight. His strong arm really is obvious attribute. But then even if he ends up being franchise in ability, then he has to negotiate the injury obstacle course the all do. A lot has to go right. He's got at least one elite receiver. Fant 'could' blossom into another weapon we hope.

A guy like Tom Brady was amazing for negotiating the injury obstacle course while being tough, physical, and confident. Then a guy like Wentz comes in rocks the NFL world but then has trouble with injuries. Really sad story for him. At least he's playing now. although -- the team isn't exactly hittin on all cylinders now. Damn they lost to Miami today!
    I think we can enjoy the little victories. There aren't exactly a ton of them lately. But guarded optimism is how I'll take this. I look forward to seeing how he does throughout the rest of the season.

Knowing John Elway, Lock's performance should indicate if Flacco is at all in the plans next season. I liked hearing Lock say, "hopefully we wont be wondering who the QB will be in the next game .......for a long time" paraphrased
    Red 98

Kareem rises to the top

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoRy View Post
    I think Scang gets another season. If he doesn't show progress then they need a rmid season replacement ready.
    I'm not so sure. I thought what we would see from him, is a similar version of the 49ers offense from last year. I presumed that's what we would be getting here. Clearly I was mistaken. The kind of offense we have here now, not only am I not impressed, but I simply don't like it. I've hardly ever had a reaction like that before to play calling here in Denver. I liked the offense we had with Tebow as QB better than this one we have now, if that's a gauge to use as a comparison.

I'm hoping it gets better from here.
    Last edited by DenverJay; 12-01-2019 at 07:59 PM. Reason: Added last thought.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoRy View Post
    I think what is being missed here with all the Scang hate is that he called a game for a rookie quarterback who had limited practice reps, against a good defense, they won, he didnít get Lock killed behind a bad offensive line, and allowed him to build some confidence. This is no small feat. Lock was obviously prepped well against this huge pass rush to get the ball out quick and to be mobile. Itís why they call Scang the quarterback whisperer.

The narrative could have been a lot different in the hands of a less skilled coach.
    To permit irresponsible authority is to sell disaster. (Heinlein)...like Broncos season tickets!

Quote Originally Posted by DenverJay View Post
    I'm not so sure. I thought what we would see from him, is a similar version of the 49ers offense from last year. I presumed that's what we would be getting here. Clearly I was mistaken. The kind of offense we have here now, not only am I not impressed, but I simply don't like it. I've hardly ever had a reaction like that before to play calling here in Denver. I liked the offense we had with Tebow as QB better than this one we have now, if that's a gauge to use as a comparison.
    This is just silly. The Tebow offense was so much more basic, gimmicky and limited than this one. Are you remembering the offensive production against KC that year? This current offense is much more versatile and sound in its approach and philosophy.

Give it time. Itís hard to make an offense look great with a bad offensive line, a rotating set of quarterbacks, trading away your second best receiver all in your first time as an NFL OC. Itís like people think this is madden or something

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    Yet, you argued incessantly for quite some time to not play him.
    You mean I supported the team not playing him until they thought he was ready?
    True.

If you read through my posts I state over and over I look forward to seeing him start when he was ready.

Well, at least they got the win. They tried really hard to lose though.

Gotta like the two touchdown drives.

Lock showed that the game might not be too big for him.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I wonít Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
    Still Not Backing Down!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Bronco View Post
    All I know is that we got ourselves a young gunslinger who’s already bucking at the shackles, and taking charge on the field when it matters. There will be some ugly days over the next 20 games- but I think fewer and fewer as time progresses. Get ‘em broken in, and let’s get working on the rest of the roster!
    Exactly....not going to over-analyze. He threw 2 TD passes early, and made some really nice throws throughout the game. Had Hamilton not dropped that pass, who knows, maybe 3 TD passes. And he threw the long ball for the PI that won the game for us. Plus he's mobile.

For his first game, and not having a lot of time to prepare in practice of late, I give him a B+.

And yes....lets fill those other gaps that are holding us back from playoff contention. I think we got a starter!

Quote Originally Posted by #87Birdman View Post
    Heck, freaking, yeah!

I'm liking Luck more and more.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    Exactly....not going to over-analyze. He threw 2 TD passes early, and made some really nice throws throughout the game. Had Hamilton not dropped that pass, who knows, maybe 3 TD passes. And he threw the long ball for the PI that won the game for us. Plus he's mobile.

For his first game, and not having a lot of time to prepare in practice of late, I give him a B+.

And yes....lets fill those other gaps that are holding us back from playoff contention. I think we got a starter!
    Itís early, but certainly room for a lot of optimism. I agree, itís hard to have pictured this realistically going any better than it did and I think a B+ is about right.

Iím more hopeful about this position than I have been since PFM. I was very encouraged by how he handled this big moment, some of his mechanics today and his chemistry with teammates. The other thing is that he really has a ton of natural ability and arm strength that he uses to cover up times his mechanics slip, to avoid taking a big shot (throwing while back peddling) and to make throws while on the move. Itís an appealing performance to look at when anticipating that he will grow with every game.

Quote Originally Posted by Humberg View Post
    This is just silly. The Tebow offense was so much more basic, gimmicky and limited than this one. Are you remembering the offensive production against KC that year? This current offense is much more versatile and sound in its approach and philosophy.

Give it time. It’s hard to make an offense look great with a bad offensive line, a rotating set of quarterbacks, trading away your second best receiver all in your first time as an NFL OC. It’s like people think this is madden or something
    There was nothing basic about the offense the Broncos ran with Tebow unless you mean they just ran a lot. Look back at how many different formations they ran out of, holy cow!, even PAP out of an empty backfield..

Agreed on giving it time though. The Luck-Sutton connection sounds real. Given now time with the 1s i expect more chemistry with the receivers AND Scangs.

I want us to bring back Tim Patrick and Theo Riddick.
    Patrick is a standout ST player and I we need a third receiver.
    Riddick is listed as a RB but he will be the slot receiver we are missing.
    Bringing Lock back doesnít make sense. The kid doesnít know our offense and that is where he needs to work. Next year he should get all the preseason snaps and year 3 he should get an opportunity to compete for the starting job.
    Bottom line he couldnít beat out Flacco in the preseason and Flacco will be back based on the contract restructure, Iím not saying I agree with that but it is what it is.
    Next year Lock should come into camp and take the job like Russell Wilson did in Seattle as a rookie.

I keep hearing that he should come back so he can play this year and that way if he canít play we can draft a QBs in 2020........what!! ???
    Sorry i donít want Lockís only shot at being our future based on a season where he was injured half of it and then thrown into a new offense. Lock is our future qb, 2020 is where we fill holes on our OL, DL, ILB, CB, WR. If we draft where a big time Qb is available their will be teams willing to send us additional value picks and Scangerello and Fangio can fill the holes they need.

Never want the culture of this team to sit better players to see what guys can do, thatís how a team loses a locker room especially at QB.
    You mean I supported the team not playing him until they thought he was ready?
    True.

If you read through my posts I state over and over I look forward to seeing him start when he was ready.
    Listen, your position was to not bring him back this season - see above. As it became inevitable Lock would play you modified your take. Thatís fine but itís very clear in your own words you didnít believe he should play this season.