Page 109 of 140 FirstFirst ... 9 59 99 107 108 109 110 111 119 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,635 of 2099
    Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    He's doing well with his strengths, but the Texans pass defense is terrible. Lock is still having footwork issues, and eventually it will catch up with him. I don't think it was a waste of time at all.
    His footwork was always going to be an issue this year, it was just too much to clean up. They'll work heavily on that this year. The MASSIVE positive right now is that he's making a lot of good decisions. There were so many times today where he just took exactly what the defense gave him rather than forcing it or taking a sack. Now granted he did get too carried away on the one throw, but I'm guessing he learns from that.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    His footwork was always going to be an issue this year, it was just too much to clean up. They'll work heavily on that this year. The MASSIVE positive right now is that he's making a lot of good decisions. There were so many times today where he just took exactly what the defense gave him rather than forcing it or taking a sack. Now granted he did get too carried away on the one throw, but I'm guessing he learns from that.
    Definitely a little greedy however, if he would have stepped into the throw and put the ball higher and outside I think Sutton makes the catch.

Foot work will be worked on, I just want him to get use to reading defense, making good throws, and learning from mistakes this year. We can work on the foot work next year.
    Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    I doubt Chubb is high on their radar.

Lock will hit a wall sometime (probably next year) once there’s enough tape on him and DCs adjust their schemes. That said- I am confident he has the mental make-up, and natural gifts to push through that “sophomore slump” whenever it comes- and from then on (i.e. late 2020/2021 on)... look out league...

In the meantime- fun watching the kid flash his skills!

Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    He's doing well with his strengths, but the Texans pass defense is terrible. Lock is still having footwork issues, and eventually it will catch up with him. I don't think it was a waste of time at all.
    Our record and results with the young guys compared to the old guy disagree. I think Case Keenum and Joe Flacco were very much a waste of everyone’s time, and money. Just as the NFL has repeatedly shown us, NFL teams delay the inevitable and waste entire off-seasons holding back the young guy with this mythical hope he develops on the sideline, and it never works.

In the last 3 years there are at least 10 examples of this, and the Broncos are now another. Elway needs to fully commit to re-building with the young guy at quarterback, committing an entire off-season to them, and switching up this old, tired, and failed approach.

Although I wouldn’t be surprised to see us go into the off-season splitting reps between Lock and Flacco, having a quarterback competition, and once again running Joe Flacco out there because he practiced better. The time for change is now, the approach of trying to develop young guys on the sideline doesn’t work, proven.

Lmao Flacco will not being on this roster next year.

Quote Originally Posted by MHOC View Post
    Lmao Flacco will not being on this roster next year.
    That would make sense, however have you been keeping track of John Elways facisnation with veteran quarterbacks ? Wouldn't be shocked if Eli Manning is on the team next year.

Wow, what a change of pace - a fun game to watch.

Lock looks pretty good for a rookie. Not giving him the title 'savior' yet, but man - he's already looked better and more exciting than Siemian, Lynch, Keenum, and Flacco.

It was just FUN watching a passing football attack. Big, big plays.

Quote Originally Posted by broncolee View Post
    If Lock continues to play like he did today, I would absolutely be okay with the Broncos passing on Burrow in the draft, if the opportunity to do so presented itself.

It won’t, but just sayin’.
    I know you know, but given our draft position, we would not have enough draft picks to offer this year, and probably about 6 1sts and 2nds overall!!!.....PLUS Lock's first 2 NFL games are better than most rookies, which tells me we may have a stud for the next 10 or more years. Sorry Joe! (and I did not mean Flacco)

I know I have been rooting for this guy since the draft, but being as objective as I can, I hardly see any potential weak spots. Strong arm, able to make reads, fairly accurate, quite mobile, looks like a leader...

AND STILL LEARNING!!

Quote Originally Posted by Peerless View Post

Lock looks pretty good for a rookie. Not giving him the title 'savior' yet, but man - he's already looked better and more exciting than Siemian, Lynch, Keenum, and Flacco.

Exactly where I’m at. This is the most fun I’ve had watching this team in 3 years. I really like what I’m seeing out if the kid.

I agree that it’s still early, but the simple fact he looks better than any QB since Manning says something.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    I know I have been rooting for this guy since the draft, but being as objective as I can, I hardly see any potential weak spots. Strong arm, able to make reads, fairly accurate, quite mobile, looks like a leader...

AND STILL LEARNING!!
    Seriously. He looks really good for a rookie. He has his knocks, but he’s already surpassed my expectations.

Just mentioned to my wife, we may be visiting Denver again, as early as next season! Need to see this place from the sky....and down below!\

Quote Originally Posted by Peerless View Post

Exciting and fun come to my mind too, and I finally feel hope for this offense.
    Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by L.M. View Post
    Exciting and fun come to my mind too, and I finally feel hope for this offense.
    Same man. It actually looked like we had a pulse on offense today.
    Adopted Poster
    AZ Snake Fan