Page 97 of 140 FirstFirst ... 47 87 95 96 97 98 99 107 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,455 of 2099
    The drop by Hamilton was disheartening. He catches that pass hes off to the races. If he doest make it to the endzone we are very close .

Quote Originally Posted by DavisMVP View Post
    LOCK- 18-28 134 yards 2 TD and 1 INT He didn't do much, but people on this board are so happy that we won it doesn't matter. Without that horrible pass interference call we lose again.
    And if Hamilton catches that ball we are celebrating his first late-game 4th Q Go-ahead TD drive.

I think fans realize DEN is poised to get about average QB play, from a cheap, mobile young QB with upside. After Brock, TS, Flacco, Sanchez, Keenum... this is a welcome asset.

Not saying we arenít looking for QBs in upcoming draft, or next year...

Quote Originally Posted by orange crush75 View Post
    The drop by Hamilton was disheartening. He catches that pass hes off to the races. If he doest make it to the endzone we are very close .
    Between Hamilton's drop and Fant's lack of awareness we probably should have had another TD through the air.

Quote Originally Posted by orange crush75 View Post
    Yep, my thoughts exactly. That ball didn't even have too much mustard on it. Lock had at least 3 dropped balls and then had to throw it away on purpose at least 3-4 more times. That means his completion percentage was actually really good. I don't know that he is the answer, you can't say that after 1 win, but there is potential there. We will know a lot more after hopefully 4 more starts.

Thereís no reason we canít expect him to be better than Cutler was here, within a year or two. That would be a huge improvement over what weíve seen the last 4 years.

To the people saying we shouldn't be getting too excited; no Lock didn't put up great numbers and he has a lot of things to work on. But the key thing is he played with energy and he never had that "deer in the headlights look" that a lot of rookies have.

I recall a play where Joey Bosa was barreling down on him and he was still calmly directing his WRs. That's impressive for a first game

Quote Originally Posted by Orangecrush21 View Post
    To the people saying we shouldn't be getting too excited; no Lock didn't put up great numbers and he has a lot of things to work on. But the key thing is he played with energy and he never had that "deer in the headlights look" that a lot of rookies have.

I recall a play where Joey Bosa was barreling down on him and he was still calmly directing his WRs. That's impressive for a first game
    I Love the Kid! It was nice to see his energy, Kinda reminded me of My hero a little bit, Ole #7

Quote Originally Posted by Orangecrush21 View Post

I think the people here downing Lock's numbers may have not actually watched the game and are just reading the stat line because if they had actually saw the game they would have seen that Lock wan't the problem ...our OC Rich Scangarello was the problem when he decided to take his playbook and go home after quarter #1.

Lock should have had 300+ yrds passing and more than 2 TD passes had Scangarello called the 2nd, 3rd & 4th qtrs like he called the 1st.

Special thanks to Sam_Z for the SB rings collage above

One thing to remember... Drew Lock called his 1st TD to Sutton. He changed the route from the play (which was no doubt conservative).

Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    Between Hamilton's drop and Fant's lack of awareness we probably should have had another TD through the air.
    fants drop was two plays before suttons 2nd td

LOCK- 18-28 134 yards 2 TD and 1 INT He didn't do much, but people on this board are so happy that we won it doesn't matter. Without that horrible pass interference call we lose again.
    In OT? How does it know?

Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    I think heís talking about the deep ball he couldnít track down

Quote Originally Posted by Mel B. View Post
    I think the people here downing Lock's numbers may have not actually watched the game and are just reading the stat line because if they had actually saw the game they would have seen that Lock wan't the problem ...our OC Rich Scangarello was the problem when he decided to take his playbook and go home after quarter #1.

Lock should have had 300+ yrds passing and more than 2 TD passes had Scangarello called the 2nd, 3rd & 4th qtrs like he called the 1st.
    in the first three drives = 2 tds
    13 passes...7 runs
    next drive 2 passes one run =punt and lac muff

we get the ball at the bolts 21 with a chance to put our foot on their neck and go up 21
    3 straight runs up the gut and settle for FG

Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    I meant the one where he was looking over his inside shoulder trying to locate the ball, only for Lock's 25 yard pass to hit the turf just out of his outside shoulder. He ended up turning his head to the correct side, but it was too late for him to really react to the pass.

The play I'm referring to starts @ 4:05
    https://youtu.be/gd9E4vx5wUE

May or may not have been a TD. Fant had no one in front of him, so depending on what Fant does after the catch he could have taken that to the SD 40, but even if tackled immediately it was a 25 yard catch on 3rd and 5.

This is not the first time Fant has done this, and I can't understand why he does it. A good pass is not going to fall between you and the defender. Lock put it out front and outside so only Fant had a chance at it and to lead him into good YAC as well as a potential TD.
    Last edited by Papa-pwn; 12-02-2019 at 10:00 AM.

So he was 15/23 for 126 yards and 2 TDs going into the half? The numbers arenít important for a young QB like him, what is important are the traits he showed in the game. He displayed a lot of traits of a franchise caliber QB. The only bad plays were the INT (poor mechanics not a poor decision) and the errant pass to Heuerman on the run. Everything else was good for him, ball placement was better than I expected, a bit slow through his reads but he did make them which is more than most young QBs can say, his ability to improvise was huge as well, some of his presnap reads were great as well ie the conversions to Heuerman in the flats on 3rd down.