Page 87 of 140 FirstFirst ... 37 77 85 86 87 88 89 97 137 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,305 of 2099
    Quote Originally Posted by PunchDrunk View Post
    When Russel Wilson played in his first preseason game, he looked unstoppable. Lock has looked pedestrian. I suspect it will be a long afternoon for him.
    I want lock to start the rest of this year and all of next year no matter what. That would be great!!!!
    We could have had Lamar Jackson *LJ for M.V.P*

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    That's tough to say, that's a question that obviously will never be able to be answered because he did sit. Every QB is different and Rodgers is a very smart QB, I would be willing to bet that he would of been just fine with an early start.

Lock? He admitted himself that this time off helped him with a some mental aspects to his game. He is a very gifted athlete and I fully expect him to be the best QB that this team has rostered since Manning.

I have no problem targeting a new QB in the next draft if he doesn't show anything in the next 5 games, my money is on him though...Ö..I think he balls out and the team goes with Drew Lock for the foreseeable future, jmo.
    It's a Lock!

And I'm 'Lock'ed in!

Excuse me...had a play on word attack!!

(Lock stock and barrel!!)

Quote Originally Posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
    I want lock to start the rest of this year and all of next year no matter what. That would be great!!!!
    Playing what style? What is the offensive identity? Most of the good teams in the league know who they are and what they're not. They then work towards formulating a game plan to make what they do best look the best and attack what their opponent doesn't do well.

So for us...who are we? What can we do well? How are we going to best facilitate that? I remember a few years ago now the Raiders had been running the ball well most of the season. We were killing their run game. They then went ALL big and tossed in an extra lineman and they killed us on the ground. We are not that self aware yet.

So even if Lock can play...what does he need to do? I dont believe Rick knows or has a clue.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_C View Post
    Playing what style? What is the offensive identity? Most of the good teams in the league know who they are and what they're not. They then work towards formulating a game plan to make what they do best look the best and attack what their opponent doesn't do well.

So for us...who are we? What can we do well? How are we going to best facilitate that? I remember a few years ago now the Raiders had been running the ball well most of the season. We were killing their run game. They then went ALL big and tossed in an extra lineman and they killed us on the ground. We are not that self aware yet.

So even if Lock can play...what does he need to do? I dont believe Rick knows or has a clue.
    Well idk about all that. I just need him to start this year....and all of next year. I think that sets things up nicely.
    We could have had Lamar Jackson *LJ for M.V.P*

Schefter: Lock To Start Vs Charger

Per Schefter, Lock will indeed start against the Chargers.
    Denver Broncos
    New York Yankees
    New York Knicks
    Colorado Avalanche

Finally!

I think we all knew it was going to happen but sure is nice to see it official!!! Good luck Drew, Prove the doubters wrong!!!

Schefter is tweeting it!

I wonder if heíll get any sleep tonight

Man Iím so excited for tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by johnlimburg View Post
    Splitting reps, another misstep by this organisation in quarterback development. Whoever is going to play needs the most reps during the week to be best prepared, this is now beyond stupid. Right now as a coaching staff you are pretty much saying that Allen will start, and we expect to bench him during the course of the game to go with Lock, so we want him to be slightly prepared as well. Just give the reps to Lock my god and be done with it, this is now a waste of everyone's time.
    Quote Originally Posted by listopencil View Post
    This is the way it's done, pretty much. Allen came in and had some success even though he trended very badly downward. They have to see something in Lock that makes them agree to put him in. Either in practice or in relief of Allen.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnlimburg View Post
    Why ? It's a lost season where you know Allen isn't going to be the future, and he hasn't played well, even in his statistically inflated debut. Is your angle that the players in the locker room will lose respect for the process if Lock is just handed the job ? I don't buy that, and even that is how they react, bad luck. You as a group of football players are under performing, losing games in an embarrassing fashion, so their opinion means nothing. Also, lets not continue to act like Allen earned the job, he did not. Allen has been the major beneficiary of not one, but two quarterbacks ahead of him on the depth chart being injured. There isn't a single angle that this could be twisted in to support the front office or the coaching staff, poor handling again.

In the interest of continuing a discussion, I'll give this one more try. I don't have an angle. I don't, and I think the staff doesn't, give a single crap about any of those oddball excuses you came up with in your post.I have tried to emphasize the most important statement of my post that you responded to. It mirrors what coach Fangio has been saying about the situation.

They have to see something in Lock that makes them agree to put him in.

Or, stated another way, Lock has to have shown the staff something that causes them to agree that they should put him in as the starter. If that happened this week then he will be named the starter against the Chargers.

Quote Originally Posted by listopencil View Post
    In the interest of continuing a discussion, I'll give this one more try. I don't have an angle. I don't, and I think the staff doesn't, give a single crap about any of those oddball excuses you came up with in your post.I have tried to emphasize the most important statement of my post that you responded to. It mirrors what coach Fangio has been saying about the situation.

They have to see something in Lock that makes them agree to put him in.

Or, stated another way, Lock has to have shown the staff something that causes them to agree that they should put him in as the starter. If that happened this week then he will be named the starter against the Chargers.
    I donít agree with this. We are 3-8. The season is lost. Itís time to develop the rookie whether he has shown anything in practice or not. Staying with Allen suggests they still think they have a shot to save something this year. Which they donít.

Let's get it Drew...show us you're our future these next 5 games!!!

Special thanks to Sam_Z for the SB rings collage above

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    I donít agree with this. We are 3-8. The season is lost. Itís time to develop the rookie whether he has shown anything in practice or not. Staying with Allen suggests they still think they have a shot to save something this year. Which they donít.
    Well, this scenario seems much different than with what happened with Paxton Lynch. He couldn't even sniff the field, much less be named starter (see week 17 of 2016 when Kubiak flat out refused to name Lynch the starter). That tells me the Broncos didn't see anything at all with Lynch, but the current regime might just see something in Lock.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoStampede View Post
    Well, this scenario seems much different than with what happened with Paxton Lynch. He couldn't even sniff the field, much less be named starter (see week 17 of 2016 when Kubiak flat out refused to name Lynch the starter). That tells me the Broncos didn't see anything at all with Lynch, but the current regime might just see something in Lock.
    2016 we were still playing for the pride of a winning season. Which we succeeded. I have no problem with that.

It also wasnít Lynchís first time to be able to start that year. He came in after Siemian got hurt against Tampa and then started against both Atlanta and Jacksonville. And he completely wet the bed both starts.

In 2017 Lynch was named the starter in week 17 during a lost season where we didnít even have pride play for. He almost made a fourth quarter comeback but largely wet the bed most of that start as well.

And then a year ago stunk too much in preseason that he was let go.