Page 88 of 140 FirstFirst ... 38 78 86 87 88 89 90 98 138 ... LastLast
Results 1,306 to 1,320 of 2095
    Donít get me wrong. Iím very hopefully Lock has grown a lot since August and had time to digest the playbook and can show us something.

Iím just not convinced the decision to start as anything more than time to develop the rookie in a lost season. We are like the last team in the league to start a top 2 round rookie QB I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    2016 we were still playing for the pride of a winning season. Which we succeeded. I have no problem with that.

It also wasnít Lynchís first time to be able to start that year. He came in after Siemian got hurt against Tampa and then started against both Atlanta and Jacksonville. And he completely wet the bed both starts.

In 2017 Lynch was named the starter in week 17 during a lost season where we didnít even have pride play for. He almost made a fourth quarter comeback but largely wet the bed most of that start as well.

And then a year ago stunk too much in preseason that he was let go.
    On 104.3, DMac has chronicled how Elway told Kubiak to start Lynch in week 17 of 2016, and Kubiak refused. That's because he didn't see anything in Lynch, and he wasn't afraid to make that statement to Elway since it was his last game as head coach of the Broncos. Since we were eliminated from the playoffs at the time, I'm afraid I don't understand what the "pride of a winning season" means.

Maybe you're right in that Fangio doesn't see anything in Lock, but doesn't have the cajones to stand up to Elway, hence Drew Lock is starting. As a fan, I don't want to believe that, but I understand that we have to accept it is a possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    I don’t agree with this. We are 3-8. The season is lost. It’s time to develop the rookie whether he has shown anything in practice or not. Staying with Allen suggests they still think they have a shot to save something this year. Which they don’t.
    That's not how coaches think. They have to look at a guy and see something in him that makes them want to put him in. From the press releases they are close to doing that with Lock.

Iím just excited to see the kid get a shot. Finally something to get excited about.

I really hope the kid works out and stops the carousel at QB. It would go a long way to get this franchise back on track.

Drew Lock needs to be the goods. Always job has to be on the line with this kid. Always Jerry Jones handling of this franchise speaks for itself. I'm rooting for the kid. I hope Fangio gets freaking axed tho. Guy is a baffoon and should have never been hired.

Quote Originally Posted by biggbenns View Post
    Drew Lock needs to be the goods. Always job has to be on the line with this kid. Always Jerry Jones handling of this franchise speaks for itself. I'm rooting for the kid. I hope Fangio gets freaking axed tho. Guy is a baffoon and should have never been hired.
    Who is Always?

Quote Originally Posted by biggbenns View Post
    I hope Fangio gets freaking axed tho. Guy is a baffoon and should have never been hired.
    I think you're in the minority on this statement.

Looked up Mahomes stats in his first game ... 22/35 passing for 284yds 0tds 1int 63% completion rate and of course that was the last game of the 2017 season against the Broncos.
    I'm actually hoping that Lock throws at least 1td, I'm expecting him to throw an INT; 284yds I would consider a good outing for the first start. He should at least not throw as many INTs as Rivers?

Chargers will dare him to throw, so throw the dang ball. Season is over, let the kid rip it. No conservative stuff please, itís not illegal to throw on first down. And use the.mobility.

I am going to embrace whatever happens today.....as this could finally be the beginning of something really good!!

I'm a broken record but this is the most excited I've been with this team for a few years......pretty much. If he is the one, we can now channel our capital towards areas of need. Our 1st draft pick will be quite high, as will the second, which means potential long term starters. But the first one could be our franchise LT! Imagine that for a moment.

Otherwise we need a few positions filled, via FA and The Draft, but we could start off next season with the makings of a seriously good team...once everyone gains the experience they need.

Lovin things today!!

I am excited for todayís game! Bring it, Lock!!

Congrats Lock on the first of hopefully many TD passes in Denver!

fix our o-line add some beef to our D-line and Add some speed to our ILB spot should be our top priorities.

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

Dat arm though

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Dat arm though
    i wish we could run better this o-line is handycapping us so much.

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait