Page 41 of 65 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 ... LastLast
Results 601 to 615 of 964
  1. #601
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    DENVER
    Posts
    7,418
    Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    If he's not healthy, he's not healthy.

    If he's not brought back, but is healthy, then we have an issue.
    He was medically cleared the start throwing and practicing on his own back in week 4. Safe to say he's been healthy for a while.

  2. #602
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    14,843
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    He was medically cleared the start throwing and practicing on his own back in week 4. Safe to say he's been healthy for a while.
    Being medically able to throw, and being healthy are different things.

  3. #603
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    5,854
    Quote Originally Posted by Narco View Post
    Lock needs to be off IR, but only in order to run the practice teams. He's not ready to play, especially behind one of the worse Olines in the league.
    You can't wrap these guys in bubble wrap, let him play and let him get the bumps and bruises. It will only help him going forward


    Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

  4. #604
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    10,259
    Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    Being medically able to throw, and being healthy are different things.
    Lock had been throwing since the last week of September. He was throwing before the game in San Diego. If his thumb/ligament wasnít ready he wouldnít be throwing.

  5. #605
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    14,843
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    Lock had been throwing since the last week of September. He was throwing before the game in San Diego. If his thumb/ligament wasnít ready he wouldnít be throwing.
    How much velocity can he put on throws? Can he reinjure the ligament? Can he fully grip the football? We are not privy to this info, so it might not be as simple as just "bringing him back" similar to guys coming back for ACL injuries, guys start running during the rehab process, but that doesnt mean they are near healthy enough to play.

  6. #606
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    10,130
    Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    How much velocity can he put on throws? Can he reinjure the ligament? Can he fully grip the football? We are not privy to this info, so it might not be as simple as just "bringing him back" similar to guys coming back for ACL injuries, guys start running during the rehab process, but that doesnt mean they are near healthy enough to play.
    Then why bring him off IR?

  7. #607
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    14,843
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronco51 View Post
    Then why bring him off IR?
    They haven't brought him back, he is just eligible to practice at this point, and is in the activation window. I'm just saying that it may not be as simple as just activating Lock.

  8. #608
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    883
    This fanbase doesn't have the patience to let Drew Lock develop. If he was the QB this far along in the season, you'd be asking for his back up to start getting reps.

    You know I'm right lol. Fickle fans we are...
    I believe.

  9. #609
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    10,130
    Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    They haven't brought him back, he is just eligible to practice at this point, and is in the activation window. I'm just saying that it may not be as simple as just activating Lock.
    It would be the dumbest PR move to drag this out though IMHO. If Elway was truly going to shut him down, hopefully they would have said and done so a while back as to not stir up the speculation.

  10. #610
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    14,843
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronco51 View Post
    It would be the dumbest PR move to drag this out though IMHO. If Elway was truly going to shut him down, hopefully they would have said and done so a while back as to not stir up the speculation.
    They might be hoping to see how it is during practice in the window. I don't know how it is, I'm just advising caution here.

  11. #611
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Montana
    Posts
    490
    Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    He might be but they absolutely have to play him once he gets back. Denver will have a top pick this year and they need to know if that pick is going to be 100% a QB pick or if they can entertain other options.
    I watch Jacobi Brissett with all day making just okay throws behind Quinton Nelson, Costanza, Smith and co. If the Broncos drafted Nelson at guard instead of Chubb, Flacco would be looking a lot more serviceable now. We need tackles and badly. This team will not win games without them, fancy QB or no.

  12. #612
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Madison,WI
    Posts
    18,845
    Quote Originally Posted by CheyennePress View Post
    I watch Jacobi Brissett with all day making just okay throws behind Quinton Nelson, Costanza, Smith and co. If the Broncos drafted Nelson at guard instead of Chubb, Flacco would be looking a lot more serviceable now. We need tackles and badly. This team will not win games without them, fancy QB or no.
    I agree. Flacco has regressed as the season has gone on, but so has the entire offensive line.

    Lock will probably become a starter sooner rather than later - but his O-line will be another factor that he'll have to overcome, along with his very raw mechanics/skills.

  13. #613
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    california
    Posts
    1,970
    Quote Originally Posted by CheyennePress View Post
    I watch Jacobi Brissett with all day making just okay throws behind Quinton Nelson, Costanza, Smith and co. If the Broncos drafted Nelson at guard instead of Chubb, Flacco would be looking a lot more serviceable now. We need tackles and badly. This team will not win games without them, fancy QB or no.
    It's not just Nelson. They have1st and 2nd round picks on their line. They were talking about them on 104 the fan . I'm on the draft lineman early train now . The game is won in the trenches.

  14. #614
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    326
    JuWan James is injured, Wilkinson is playing out of position, and we have a statue stating at QB. Who wouldn't expect our o-line to look bad right now? I don't think our o-line is as bad as they've looked.

    Are they a big reason our O is really struggling right now? Yes. Will they continue to look this poor when James returns? I highly doubt it.

    And I don't believe Lock is going to magically make our o-line look better. He's a raw rookie. He'll probably look bad behind our o-line just as Flacco has, and may end up developing happy feet if we can't keep him protected.

  15. #615
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Loveland
    Posts
    8,494
    Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    How much velocity can he put on throws? Can he reinjure the ligament? Can he fully grip the football? We are not privy to this info, so it might not be as simple as just "bringing him back" similar to guys coming back for ACL injuries, guys start running during the rehab process, but that doesnt mean they are near healthy enough to play.
    Oh címon, the IR was just a deceitful move cause they didnít want to carry 3 QBs while his thumb healed. We all know it, quit trying to defend it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •