Page 94 of 140 FirstFirst ... 44 84 92 93 94 95 96 104 ... LastLast
Results 1,396 to 1,410 of 2095
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    Listen, your position was to not bring him back this season - see above. As it became inevitable Lock would play you modified your take. Thatís fine but itís very clear in your own words you didnít believe he should play this season.
    Flacco wasnít on IR at that point he was our starter while Lock was stillon IR.
    We also werenít mathematically eliminated from the playoffs at that point either.

I want Lock to succeed while it appears you want Joe Burrow:
    Lock, Allen and Rypien. If Joe Burrow is in striking distance of our pick move up to draft him.
    Last edited by 58Miller; 12-01-2019 at 08:39 PM.

Lets all enjoy this day, and this victory! We might actually have found our franchise QB, and we actually won another game at the same time.

This is a good day!

Itís criminal they didnít play Lock earlier, there was no point wasting time on Allen and Flacco. And the IR thing was a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    Lets all enjoy this day, and this victory! We might actually have found our franchise QB, and we actually won another game at the same time.

This is a good day!
    Yep, no point in arguing at this point. By the start of this week pretty much every Bronco fan was on board with Lock starting. For once we were all supporting the same QB, felt good.

Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    We also werenít mathematically eliminated from the playoffs at that point either.
    Not to get in yíallís spat, but I donít think theyíre mathematically eliminated yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco51 View Post
    Not to get in yíallís spat, but I donít think theyíre mathematically eliminated yet.
    Hahahaha! Canít argue with you.
    My point was at the time i made the statement i was fine with Lock red shirting this season, he was on IR and i still had hope in is turning the year around.
    Iím disappointed in our season but if Lock can play well in the next five games and we have our starting QBs going into 2020 it will be worth it in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post

This is a good day!
    Cheers 🍻
    Go Broncos!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post
    There was nothing basic about the offense the Broncos ran with Tebow unless you mean they just ran a lot. Look back at how many different formations they ran out of, holy cow!, even PAP out of an empty backfield..

Agreed on giving it time though. The Luck-Sutton connection sounds real. Given now time with the 1s i expect more chemistry with the receivers AND Scangs.
    Right: Option I; Power I; Double Wing; Single Wing; Unbalanced Under; Unbalanced Gun; Pistol ; Power Pistol; Spread Gun; Spread Under; Empty. 2011 saw more different run plays from more different formations than any team at any level in one season of which I am aware.

Pobrecito Felipe Rios de Lagrimas.

Drew Lock has the right stuffing 🦃

Quote Originally Posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
    Itís criminal they didnít play Lock earlier, there was no point wasting time on Allen and Flacco. And the IR thing was a joke.
    Drew Lock was on IR. The I stands for Injured. Injuries aren't funny as far as I'm concerned.

I want Lock to succeed while it appears you want Joe Burrow:
    Allen and Rypien were both available, so Flacco being on IR had nothing to do with Lock. The Broncos could have continued playing Allen. The fact is that you didnít believe in Lock playing in his first season.

Quote Originally Posted by Humberg View Post
    This is just silly. The Tebow offense was so much more basic, gimmicky and limited than this one. Are you remembering the offensive production against KC that year? This current offense is much more versatile and sound in its approach and philosophy.

Give it time. Itís hard to make an offense look great with a bad offensive line, a rotating set of quarterbacks, trading away your second best receiver all in your first time as an NFL OC. Itís like people think this is madden or something
    At least it was fun to watch. This offense is like watching the grass grow, or paint dry. There are reasons the Broncos are near dead last in the league on 3rd down conversions. Their first two downs were piss poor and they left themselves in way too many third and forever's. This offensive scheme, unless they're able to do a 180 with it, and yes it needs a complete 180, should be thrown in the trash after this year.

Allen and Rypien were both available, so Flacco being on IR had nothing to do with Lock. The Broncos could have continued playing Allen. The fact is that you didnít believe in Lock playing in his first season.
    If thatís what you believe, then believe what you want.
    Iím happy for Lock and look forward to seeing him play and get better.

Curious Why you didnít quote this post from 10-24-19:
    The idea a young QBs canít step in has never been an argument by anyone.
    Itís a case by case basis. Some are ready some are not. To say a young QB has to play even if he has been on IR half the season, doesnt fully grip the offense, needs more time working on poor mechanics and footwork would be stubborn and ignorant.
    Iím glad the Broncos view Lock as a future investment and not a must start week 9 or he is a lost cause.
    Week 14 sounds right to me, if they bring him back. I would like to see him play sooner rather than later, but if he needs more time Iím willing to wait.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverJay View Post
    At least it was fun to watch. This offense is like watching the grass grow, or paint dry. There are reasons the Broncos are near dead last in the league on 3rd down conversions. Their first two downs were piss poor and they left themselves in way too many third and forever's. This offensive scheme, unless they're able to do a 180 with it, and yes it needs a complete 180, should be thrown in the trash after this year.
    Hey I'll give you the point that 3rd down is awfully hard to convert if you plow into the line on 1st and 2nd down for no gain. That speaks to the poor offensive line play. Similarly though, it's hard to drop back consistently with a chargers pass rush that is blowing by our tackles and guards. Drew lock avoided several sacks today just by being mobile. It's hard to game plan with that level of poor performance up front.

So, what Denver DID do today was utilize some movement out of the pocket, screen plays to slow down the pass rush, and put Lock in the shotgun where he is more comfortable. But it's hard to have a QB with limited reps be able to implement an entire game's worth of situational football play-calling. Throw in the fact that as you call plays you have to mask the porous offensive line and you're gonna have both hands tied behind your back. So yes, it's limited for now. It's actually fairly remarkable that Scang was able to have the performance that he did. It should get better with more time, more experience for Lock and upgrades up front.

And for those calling me out for saying the Tebow offense was basic, remember back to what they were doing. The were using multiple formations to basically run the same few running plays (RPO) which is essentially a gimmick. It even says this here:

So that's a look at a few of the basic plays in Denver's offense. They generally run the same few plays over and over again with tweaks here and there.
    https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2011/11...denver-broncos

Cheers to Bronco's Country today! We've definitely been in worse situations.
    To permit irresponsible authority is to sell disaster. (Heinlein)...like Broncos season tickets!

Quote Originally Posted by Humberg View Post
    I think what is being missed here with all the Scang hate is that he called a game for a rookie quarterback who had limited practice reps, against a good defense, they won, he didnít get Lock killed behind a bad offensive line, and allowed him to build some confidence. This is no small feat. Lock was obviously prepped well against this huge pass rush to get the ball out quick and to be mobile. Itís why they call Scang the quarterback whisperer.

The narrative could have been a lot different in the hands of a less skilled coach.
    Well said.