Page 62 of 117 FirstFirst ... 12 52 60 61 62 63 64 72 112 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    I believe this may have been from Klis on November 7th:

https://broncoswire.usatoday.com/201...mes-of-season/
    Yeah I remember that, today they were saying (speculating) that was still the plan with the Broncos playing well with Allen. I know they put the broadcast on the website the day after. I was wondering if anybody heard that same thing. I think it was in context of the press conference yesterday. DMac even said he had 'sources' saying (speculating) that he might not even play this season. I know they have to have reasons for people to listen, but that CAN'T be true.

Quote Originally Posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
    If he does start the Chargers games, that would still leave 2 tough road tests in KC and Houston coming up. Either start him the Chargers game or wait and start him the last 2 games at home against the Lions and Raiders, this is likely what they are considering.
    Houston isn't a real fierce crowd though. They support their team, but that stadium isn't like going into an uncontrollable hostile environment. And KC is his home town team. It'll be hostile for sure, but it will also have a section of his family and friends there to support him. And it will be in a place where no one expects them to win anyways.

As for the reports out there, I'm not sure anyone knows at this point. I think the plan was for him not to play this year, but with the Flacco injury it threw everything up in the air. Right now they're seeing him in practice, and he's getting about 25% of the starters reps (which makes it hard to believe that he won't play at all this year) which is a big number for someone who currently isn't a starter, and isn't even on the active roster. I think decisions will be made based on how he looks in practice, and how Allen looks in games. I expect at a minimum he'll be activated to be the backup.

And I have to think with the offence showing some life now with a mobile QB in the mix, that they would be intrigued to see how another young mobile QB would look in that same offense.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    As for the reports out there, I'm not sure anyone knows at this point. I think the plan was for him not to play this year, but with the Flacco injury it threw everything up in the air. Right now they're seeing him in practice, and he's getting about 25% of the starters reps (which makes it hard to believe that he won't play at all this year) which is a big number for someone who currently isn't a starter, and isn't even on the active roster. I think decisions will be made based on how he looks in practice, and how Allen looks in games. I expect at a minimum he'll be activated to be the backup.

And I have to think with the offence showing some life now with a mobile QB in the mix, that they would be intrigued to see how another young mobile QB would look in that same offense.
    [[/I]

I think you are right about him playing some this year now. The Chiefs essentially had no desire to play Mahomes until the had a game against us that really didn't matter for playoff seeding his rookie year. That plan may have changed had their #1 QB gone down.

If I recall what the Chiefs Started Patrick Mahomes the Last Games of the Regular Season of his Rookie Year so I kind of think Denver is following that Pattern.

Quote Originally Posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post
    If I recall what the Chiefs Started Patrick Mahomes the Last Games of the Regular Season of his Rookie Year so I kind of think Denver is following that Pattern.
    Doesn't make a ton of sense given the differences in circumstance between the 2017 Chiefs and 2019 Broncos.

We know that BA can be a dependable back up. But, you have to play Lock this year and more then just 2 games. With a top 10 pick looming large in next years draft, we have to know if it's going to be a QB or not. Maybe, the coaches already know thru practices if Lock is an NFL starter. But the experience he gets the next 5 or 6 games will be detrimental to his play next season. I say throw him into the fire and let him take the shots the last half of this season. Maybe next year he'll mature enough to come out and play the game to win and not just try to get thru the game without turnovers.

Quote Originally Posted by jflee66 View Post
    We know that BA can be a dependable back up. But, you have to play Lock this year and more then just 2 games. With a top 10 pick looming large in next years draft, we have to know if it's going to be a QB or not. Maybe, the coaches already know thru practices if Lock is an NFL starter. But the experience he gets the next 5 or 6 games will be detrimental to his play next season. I say throw him into the fire and let him take the shots the last half of this season. Maybe next year he'll mature enough to come out and play the game to win and not just try to get thru the game without turnovers.
    Exact same camp!

Having loads of difficulty understanding it any other way. This is a big time strategy process. Would love to hear who our FO expect to be our starter next season and beyond!
    Last edited by CanDB; 11-20-2019 at 11:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    Doesn't make a ton of sense given the differences in circumstance between the 2017 Chiefs and 2019 Broncos.

True however what this Front Office does makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    Exact same camp!

Having loads of difficulty understanding it any other way. This is a big time strategy process. Would love to hear who our FO expect to be our starter next season and beyond!
    I think the FO still has Flacco in mind for next year. Or maybe another vet FA. They donít seem to be interested in getting a young franchise QB type on the field. I really think they believe strongly in the vet QB approach as evidenced by their patterns.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    Wonder if he gets to be the decision maker on that. Does Elway feel differently?

Never mind. His next tweet said he and the Front Office are on the same page. UGH!!! Here we go again.

More ineptitude by the John Elway led Denver Broncos when it comes to developing a quarterback, wasted reps and wasted opportunity, again.

Quote Originally Posted by RocketArm006 View Post
    I think the FO still has Flacco in mind for next year. Or maybe another vet FA. They don’t seem to be interested in getting a young franchise QB type on the field. I really think they believe strongly in the vet QB approach as evidenced by their patterns.
    Pls Pls be wrong!!!

If it's Flacco, the FO is going to catch a ton of "flacco"!!
    Last edited by CanDB; 11-20-2019 at 12:28 PM.