Page 63 of 117 FirstFirst ... 13 53 61 62 63 64 65 73 113 ... LastLast
    We have no plan...trade back for 20 when we could have had Bush. We get Fant, who I feel will be a long term TE answer, and grab Lock with extra pick. Yet, we donít play Lock or activate him or even talk highly of him. Is this tough love by Elway to make him earn his keep? Rypien gets backup duty, Allen (who I couldnít even remember his name mid season) deserves starter reps. Yet Lock has to prove heís ready...it seems he is physically ready, does this mean he has no clue mentally? I donít believe that.

Heís going to struggle, there will be ups and downs. Letís just roll with him and see if the ups start out weighing the downs!!! If he isnít the guy...guess what??? We have Allen aka Siemien and Rypien...which means we have nobody.

Hire me this week please to make the call to start Lock now! This is the most obvious call you can make...however, I will be fired next week because everything else is a lot harder than we think. Solid payday though.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    Ugly, ugly stuff. It's all subject to change, I'm sure. Lock will probably play a lot sooner if Allen continues to play this way and we continue to lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    Ugly, ugly stuff. It's all subject to change, I'm sure. Lock will probably play a lot sooner if Allen continues to play this way and we continue to lose.
    I think Allen has done enough to deserve more reps, and to deserve more game time. However, it's a waste of reps considering our overall situation and the fact we have Lock waiting on the sidelines. I personally think it would be unfair to Allen, but I also want to see Lock play. We need to be looking at the bigger picture, and that bigger picture includes getting Lock some game action and making decisions moving forward based off of that. But I don't think Allen is doing anything detrimental to himself right now, he is showcasing to all 32 teams he is a worthy long-term backup with some upside.

Quote Originally Posted by RocketArm006 View Post
    I think the FO still has Flacco in mind for next year. Or maybe another vet FA. They don’t seem to be interested in getting a young franchise QB type on the field. I really think they believe strongly in the vet QB approach as evidenced by their patterns.
    If JF is their QB for next year, then they need a top 5 O-line. The FO should know by now that an elderly tall QB and poor pass protection equals a losing season. JF won't scramble and will be hurt within the first 4 games if they don't fix the line.
    Last edited by jflee66; 11-20-2019 at 02:01 PM.

I donít necessarily disagree with what he said essentially about being fooled into thinking heís good after a handful of games, Tebow looked more competent in his first 3 games than at any other point. Basically heís saying any game or games he plays this season wonít make or break his career, which to me implies that they arenít going to be drafting a QB early even if he looks bad.

But at the same time, I feel you have to start getting him live reps now if you want to have a shot next season. Smooth out some of the growing pains in a lost year so you can grow in hopefully a more competitive season. If he doesnít play at all and we experience those growing pains next year the team will likely stay pretty much the same record wise, maybe a slight improvement with more scheme continuity and better players being brought in/dead weight being let go.

Itís actually funny though, because what he said can still be applied to Brandon Allen as well. I just hate all the coach speak, do you think Allen is the guy moving forward or do you think Lock is the guy, yes or no? There needs to be a plan at the position, if that plan is to have Lock sit and learn from the sidelines and in practice just say so because it sounds more and more like there isnít a plan.

Quote Originally Posted by johnlimburg View Post
    I think Allen has done enough to deserve more reps, and to deserve more game time. However, it's a waste of reps considering our overall situation and the fact we have Lock waiting on the sidelines. I personally think it would be unfair to Allen, but I also want to see Lock play. We need to be looking at the bigger picture, and that bigger picture includes getting Lock some game action and making decisions moving forward based off of that. But I don't think Allen is doing anything detrimental to himself right now, he is showcasing to all 32 teams he is a worthy long-term backup with some upside.
    Not only that but splitting reps is stunting the development of both guys. Maybe if Allen got all those reps last week the offense scores more than 3 in the 2nd half, maybe he doesnít throw that INT. Itís great that Lock is getting reps though but if they arenít going to make it all or nothing pretty soon then it just sets you up for a dreaded QB competition next year which means Lock still has to split reps further slowing his development. They canít just wait for Allen to implode either, Allen has shown enough to secure a spot here or somewhere else but by giving Lock reps youíre saying heís not a franchise guy so why wait for an implosion or explosion that may or may not happen?

Quote Originally Posted by johnlimburg View Post
    More ineptitude by the John Elway led Denver Broncos when it comes to developing a quarterback, wasted reps and wasted opportunity, again.
    There may be more than what meets the eye. They might want to avoid undermining the confidence of the current starter. Thereís zero reason to tell the media they plan to put Lock in if Allen struggles.

It makes little sense to me that sitting at 3-7 the entire FO doesn't even want to start Lock at some point, simply for the reason that "it's not going to matter anyway." You don't think it will be important to know what his in-game tendencies are moving into the next season? What needs to be worked on in the off-season? They are also making a huge assumption that he is the franchise starter next season by saying this year is not an evaluation year for him. So that means no Fromm, Burrow, Tua, or any other QB. It wouldn't surprise me at all if Flacco or yet another bridge QB gets to start next season.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

It was just a massive mistake for this team to draft Drew Lock.

Quote Originally Posted by mojo0730 View Post
    I heard them say that on the radio too.

It makes little sense to me that sitting at 3-7 the entire FO doesn't even want to start Lock at some point, simply for the reason that "it's not going to matter anyway." You don't think it will be important to know what his in-game tendencies are moving into the next season? What needs to be worked on in the off-season? They are also making a huge assumption that he is the franchise starter next season by saying this year is not an evaluation year for him. So that means no Fromm, Burrow, Tua, or any other QB. It wouldn't surprise me at all if Flacco or yet another bridge QB gets to start next season.
    How many times in the last eight years has this arrogant front office admitted any mistake?

Even if Drew lock turns out to be a mistake, they will never admit that. They are too prideful and they are going to make us roll with Drew lock wether they know if heís the guy or not and at least for the next 2 to 3 seasons because of that pride.

What I love about Drew lock is not his ability to scramble nor is it his arm strength but his ability to throw with anticipation. He can throw the ball to the X Mark on the field almost anywhere before his receiver gets to that point.

What I do not like about Drew lock, is that his accuracy isnít very good. Tua, Fromm, Herbert, Bausch All throw with an amazing amount of accuracy as well as throwing with anticipation, that is Peyton Manning type stuff! Not skill but stuff! Hopefully Lock can improve upon his accuracy.
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 11-20-2019 at 07:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco51 View Post
    I heard them say that on the radio too.
    Well, the silver lining is even if Lock is removed from the situation we still appear to have hit pay dirt with our first two picks from that draft.

Why? Lock hasnít taken a regular season snap.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    Why? Lock hasnít taken a regular season snap.
    What they were saying on the radio is that it looks like a mistake in that it seems he is not important enough to invest the time in.