Page 99 of 140 FirstFirst ... 49 89 97 98 99 100 101 109 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,485 of 2095
    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeCrush_304 View Post
    Can we all agree that from preseason game one vs the Falcons to his first start yesterday... Based on the eye test... Drew Lock has improved each and every single game?
    Absolutely. It has been one of the defining characteristics of his rookie season. I am impressed with his work ethic.

Quote Originally Posted by DavisMVP View Post
    LOCK- 18-28 134 yards 2 TD and 1 INT He didn't do much, but people on this board are so happy that we won it doesn't matter. Without that horrible pass interference call we lose again.
    You're right. He didn't throw for 300+ yards and 5 TD's, but he didn't need to. He did the things necessary to win the game. He is learning from his mistakes. It was, after all, his first NFL start. The rest of the players on the offense are responding positively to him.
    His mobility doesn't hurt either.

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    In OT? How does it know?
    Magic 8 Ball

Quote Originally Posted by DavisMVP View Post
    LOCK- 18-28 134 yards 2 TD and 1 INT He didn't do much, but people on this board are so happy that we won it doesn't matter. Without that horrible pass interference call we lose again.
    First....how do you know we lose again without that call?

Second, people here may not all agree on what you say. I am not worried about the wins/losses right now. I am happy that Lock finally got his due. and he did quite well for a first game. I gave him a B+, given his status and the results. Not a bad day....2 TD passes, and possibly a 3rd had Hamilton made that crossing route catch. But he was responsible, showed some mobility, and only threw a few errant passes. He has real zip, and that is not teachable. Plus I believe the team will play hard for him.

As mentioned, I can not wait to see how many times he and Sutton hook up in their careers!!!

How did he look under center? Something I've been curious about. I went back about 5 pages and didn't see anything about it. Thanks.
    Administrator

#LupusAwareness

Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe --- I adopted: Everyone!

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Quote Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
    How did he look under center? Something I've been curious about. I went back about 5 pages and didn't see anything about it. Thanks.
    I don't really remember him under center to much now that I think about it. I believe most passes came from shotgun/ pistol looks

Adopted Broncos:
    (2011-2013) Eric Decker
    (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
    (2019-Current) Drew Lock
    Adopted posters:
    Everyone

Honestly I never once cringed the times he was but I'm no expert . I think he did quite well , especially having those edge rushers coming after him as he rolled out. It wasnt much .

Just fine, see for yourself!

https://youtu.be/gd9E4vx5wUE

That's just his passes and runs, so you don't see the many times he handed off from under center, but not once did it look like he had any sort of issue with it.

Drew Lock looked better than I thought he would. A solid C+ and I think he could have done better if not for some of the playcalling.
    Adopted Poster
    AZ Snake Fan

Quote Originally Posted by #87Birdman View Post
    I don't really remember him under center to much now that I think about it. I believe most passes came from shotgun/ pistol looks
    20 passes from shotgun, 8 passes from under center. Most runs came from under center.

Quote Originally Posted by orange crush75 View Post
    Honestly I never once cringed the times he was but I'm no expert . I think he did quite well , especially having those edge rushers coming after him as he rolled out. It wasnt much .
    I guess it'll be something he'll get more comfortable with and not a big deal right now. I was concerned about it in preseason, but it seems he's doing well.

Thanks.
    Administrator

#LupusAwareness

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Matt Waldman has a nice Twitter thread where he went through most of locks passes and breaks them down. Was pretty good listen. Shows the good and the bad including showing the bad on plays that ended good.

But lock had a solid debut now just need to take the conservative wheels off and let lock go out there and throw some. We're ate essentially eliminated from the playoffs so we should let lock get some solid reps and attempt things more instead of going conservative.

Adopted Broncos:
    (2011-2013) Eric Decker
    (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
    (2019-Current) Drew Lock
    Adopted posters:
    Everyone

I counted eight or so times he was under center. It looked good at a glance but it would be worth going back and watching his drop back and footwork. Interestingly, most of his snaps under center were in the first quarter and then only three or so later for the rest of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by orange crush75 View Post
    You are so right. The Chargers have a pair of top level Edge rushers in Ingram and Bosa….plus James was out there, and has been injured most of the season. Those are 3 pro bowler types, and even though Heyward got called on the PI, he too is high level.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post
    I counted eight or so times he was under center. It looked good at a glance but it would be worth going back and watching his drop back and footwork. Interestingly, most of his snaps under center were in the first quarter and then only three or so later for the rest of the game.
    The below quote is from the game day thread. It makes sense. It could apply to what you're saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon30 View Post
    Reminds me of the end of the Shanhan era. The first couple drives looked really good because the first 15 plays or so were scripted, then when it came to actually start calling the game, our offense would slow down.

I don't know if Scangarello scripts the first few plays or not, but he needs to get better at calling later in games.
    Administrator

#LupusAwareness