Page 116 of 140 FirstFirst ... 16 66 106 114 115 116 117 118 126 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,740 of 2099
    I have one point to make in this post

I went back to watch the Houston game again. My opinions on Drew Lock have only improved on the 2nd watch. The one attribute that Lock showed that has me more encouraged than any other attribute .......is that Lock ain't scared.

He made some EXCELLENT throws with guy bearing down on him. Now --- obviously if he had a bad day passing managing the game etc ........... and still 'wasn't scared' ........it wouldn't matter. Being a decent QB is a prerequisite to the 'ain't scared' attribute. And I'm not talking just about physicality. I'm also talking about 'not being too big' he's not afraid to fail.

There always is that Mike Tyson quote tho too ........... "everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouf"

.... and we saw that with Trev Simeon. Once he started getting beat up some, he really did shell up some.

This is one of the most important attributes for an NFL QB.

As always, we must caveat that he's only played 2 games and he's just a rook. We really need years to know definitively. But right now we don't have years ...... so all we can do is evaluate 'now' .........of course not telling you guys anything you don't know but it's important to not forget and go crazy with hype.

Lock ain't scared
    Red 98

Kareem rises to the top

Quote Originally Posted by RocketArm006 View Post
    It is not good food at all. Itís kind of kitschy and cheesy with a high diver and a guy in a gorilla Suit and other kiddie attractions. I think itís one of the great Colorado restaurant mysteries - right up there with Melting Pot Stay away unless youíre entertaining 5 year olds.
    I'm not sure that is true, The Melting pot is Delicious!

Quote Originally Posted by teetdogs View Post
    I'm not sure that is true, The Melting pot is Delicious!
    Mmmm $100 boiled meat.

Just watched Vic and Drew press coverage, Vic was asked about what Drew has to do to not make the game too big because he's "going home", since Drew grew up a Chiefs fan. Vic said "well he's going to have to figure it out because he'll be going there once a year".....

Maybe not much but I immediately thought, they think he's the long term answer. Vic and John are already moving to the future with Lock. I think we all already assumed that but that comment kinda made it solidified for me

A lot of Lock’s completions came on third down, which also helped the Broncos offense immensely. Prior to the rookie taking over at quarterback, Denver was converting just 29 percent of their third-down opportunities, the third-worst rate in the NFL. Since he was inserted in the lineup, that’s spiked to 52 percent.
    https://1043thefan.com/2085138/have-...f-the-future/?

I think this has been the biggest difference offensively.

Quote Originally Posted by Bootleg View Post
    https://1043thefan.com/2085138/have-...f-the-future/?

I think this has been the biggest difference offensively.
    I agree, and that's been due to Lock's mobility as well as his confidence in his deeper pass game.

For most of the Texans' game, I wasn't stressed at all on 3rd downs. A stark difference from earlier in this season as well as the last few years.

He handles him self very well in PC

Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    I agree, and that's been due to Lock's mobility as well as his confidence in his deeper pass game.

For most of the Texans' game, I wasn't stressed at all on 3rd downs. A stark difference from earlier in this season as well as the last few years.
    I agree on that. I want to add I was happy Lock threw beyond the sticks. He was not a check down Charlie and when he had to improvise and scramble he did that too. It's been nice to have a Qb back there looking to make the big play and not just that poised. Hes raw but everything I'm hearing is the dude is a study nut and constantly in the building trying to improve.

I'm not afraid to say I was not a Lock supporter coming in or when he was drafted, however that's why I'm no scout but the kid is making me a believer a play at a time. I hope the Qb carousel is over.

Tough matchup for him this week but I'm intrigued to see how he handles arrowhead on the road against a good KC team.

It just seems like the team has more energy, and smarts, and variety. Fant looks like he is the guy we drafted, not someone struggling. The O was spread around, and the play design is looking more innovative and opportune. I give the coaching credit, but I also believe it has to do with what Lock has brought to the table. A powerful arm, mobility, and confidence. It has looked to me like plays are not going anywhere, and then suddenly there's a wide open fist down opportunity. Did not see this type of play earlier this season.

I firmly believe that the players are more excited to play for this guy too. They know that if they can hold a block for a second longer, the end result might be 6. It is frustrating to work your tail off, if the QB can not deliver the goods.

But yes, the arm and the mobility allow for more deeper routes, and he gets it there in a flash. As he does with tighter patterns. He may need to work on his softer passing, like when throwing over linemen, or defenders in front of our receivers, but so far I love the zip. You can't teach that.
    Last edited by CanDB; 12-11-2019 at 07:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RocketArm006 View Post
    Arrowhead is historically one of the hardest places to win - especially in December. Even those great Bronco teams in the 80s-90s struggled in Arrowhead. When I get my game schedule in the summer, I usually mark @KC as a loss, especially when itís late in the season.

Still, I guarantee people will be demanding a #1 drafted QB if they lose next week.
    I guess itís time you change your username to: RocketArm003

Quote Originally Posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
    I guess itís time you change your username to: RocketArm003
    I suppose so lol.

Another good breakdown of Lock from Sunday.

Heard today that Andy Reid said that Elway made up for the Paxton pick with the Lock pick
    Red 98

Kareem rises to the top

This is evidence of the lack of drive that Paxton Lynch has . Lynch has the physicality but he really doesnt want to put in the effort . Lock works circles around him .