Page 132 of 152 FirstFirst ... 32 82 122 130 131 132 133 134 142 ... LastLast
Results 1,966 to 1,980 of 2280
    I may be biased, because I have liked this kid since we drafted him. And everyone has a right to critique, even be concerned about him. But based on what we have gone through over the last few years, I am thinking this is almost as good as it gets, with a rookie. He has surpassed my expectations after 4 games. He is the only guy near our roster that I think we should be designating as our starter. His ceiling may end up surprising some or even all of us, though in my books, he looks like as a good a rookie QB as there is this season, based on limited opportunity to play. Again, 3 and 1, and some of it has to do with the kid. He has lifted spirits, and I believe his mates are going to go the extra mile for him.

Whether he ends up at 4 and 1, or 3 and 2, given what we have witnessed, this is good music in my ears.
    Last edited by CanDB; 12-23-2019 at 06:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    Thereís a balance coaching toward perfection vs improvement and being effective. If Lock tries too much to be perfect in one area it can work against him, if that makes sense.

Even with a clean pocket thereís a tendency to not set his feet. That happened yesterday on the 3rd down throw to Booker (drooped). Itís like he senses pressure a fraction of a second before itís actually there and throws the ball. On that play the ball was definitely catchable but it could have been better IMO.
    Yeah overcoaching can definitely be a bad thing, I donít think Rivers wouldíve been the QB he is if they tried to correct his motion. And I donít think coaching Lock to never throw that fadeaway throw would be a good thing because sometimes the situation will call for it. I was ok with him doing that on the pass to Booker, as I mentioned he does that to put touch on the ball. Heís doing it to compensate for his arm. I think itís actually a good thing overall, not that heís fading away I think that does need to be coached out of him, but the fact that he recognizes when he needs to put some touch on the ball at such an early stage in his development. Thatís what separates him from guys like Cutler and Winston who just want to gun the ball in there every play. Now if he could have just kept his feet planted and still thrown with that same touch he probably wouldíve hit Booker in stride for a much bigger play.

He isnít a finished product by any means but those building blocks are there and itís exciting to see.

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    Yeah overcoaching can definitely be a bad thing, I donít think Rivers wouldíve been the QB he is if they tried to correct his motion. And I donít think coaching Lock to never throw that fadeaway throw would be a good thing because sometimes the situation will call for it. I was ok with him doing that on the pass to Booker, as I mentioned he does that to put touch on the ball. Heís doing it to compensate for his arm. I think itís actually a good thing overall, not that heís fading away I think that does need to be coached out of him, but the fact that he recognizes when he needs to put some touch on the ball at such an early stage in his development. Thatís what separates him from guys like Cutler and Winston who just want to gun the ball in there every play. Now if he could have just kept his feet planted and still thrown with that same touch he probably wouldíve hit Booker in stride for a much bigger play.

He isnít a finished product by any means but those building blocks are there and itís exciting to see.
    It is exciting to see. I also like his mobility, heís obviously not as talented as Jackson but enough to run plays like the goal line RPO/shovel pass. Defenses will have to respect the ability for him to run using those plays at the right time. I was really impressed with the 2nd and 6 throw with 14:30 left in the 4th qtr, off the bootleg to Patrick. His work ethic is strong which should maximize off season work, OTAs and camp. Heís done quite well with limited reps leading up to the first start so thereís a lot of upside with more work.

Iím actually waiting for the read option on a third and short in a critical situation. I thought it was gonna happen on the shovel pass for the TD. He may not be Jackson but heís like Alex Smith in that heís athletic enough to really make you pay when you donít expect it

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    Iím actually waiting for the read option on a third and short in a critical situation. I thought it was gonna happen on the shovel pass for the TD
    He had one of those in preseason IIRC on a 4th and short - burned the Seahawks for a nice gain.

So... 4 games in, Drew Lockís stats projected over 16 games:

3372 yards, 24 TDs, 12 INT, and just 12 sacks

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    Thereís a balance coaching toward perfection vs improvement and being effective. If Lock tries too much to be perfect in one area it can work against him, if that makes sense.

Even with a clean pocket thereís a tendency to not set his feet. That happened yesterday on the 3rd down throw to Booker (drooped). Itís like he senses pressure a fraction of a second before itís actually there and throws the ball. On that play the ball was definitely catchable but it could have been better IMO.
    That was a perfect throw too.
    Go Hard or Go Home

Quote Originally Posted by BR0NCOFANATIC View Post
    Everyone is so worried about Drew Lock's footwork. I don't see it as a major concern. Favre, Rogers and other great QB's had footwork issues as well. Some people are just more talented than others and can make throws from awkward positions. Lock has made some of his best throws with his feet in bad positions. That's something that can be corrected but if not, I'm fine with it.
    It depends on the QB and how his coaches feel. Scangerello has already stated that it's not as big of a deal for it to improve anymore beyond how far it already has come.

Quote Originally Posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post

Would be the best full season of QB play in Denver since 2014.

Yeah but what is even better is itíd project to a 12-4 record

He is doing a great job. I think he will get better. I am glad he is our QB !

So... 4 games in, Drew Lock’s stats projected over 16 games:

I think it's very possible he could have a 30+ TD season. with just 6 in 4 games with no practice, you have to wonder how much better he will be with a full off-season, stronger O-line, and two elite WR's.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

I think itís a real good sign that most of the criticism surrounding Lock has to do with mechanics tweaks. Iíd rather be like ďI hope his footwork improves over the offseasonĒ than be concerned about erratic play and poor work ethic. Itís looking a little promising.

Itís nice because now Iím uber interested in the upcoming offseason.

A win against the Raiders would be icing on the cake, but this is really about next year for me.

Quote Originally Posted by RocketArm006 View Post
    I think it’s a real good sign that most of the criticism surrounding Lock has to do with mechanics tweaks. I’d rather be like “I hope his footwork improves over the offseason” than be concerned about erratic play and poor work ethic. It’s looking a little promising.

It’s nice because now I’m uber interested in the upcoming offseason.

A win against the Raiders would be icing on the cake, but this is really about next year for me.
    Good point! Not to forget, that he has something that is basically unteachable at this point......BIG TIME ZIP!! That ball goes from A to B in a real hurry!

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    Good point! Not to forget, that he has something that is basically unteachable at this point......BIG TIME ZIP!! That ball goes from A to B in a real hurry!
    That Zip instantly converted this into a real offense overnight!

What a great Christmas gift...
    [