Page 11 of 117 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 111 ... LastLast
    I think what was said during the HoF game was pretty spot on.

Lock needs to work on some of the most basic things we take for granted because he did not do those things in college.

Personally I think he is currently thinking too much about small things that should be like riding a bike and that is effecting his ability to play QB.

Maybe that is what was wrong with his accuracy....maybe not. Regardless glad we have Flacco and hopefully a better OL so Lock can sit a year....work on his craft and learn the game. Lock needs to be red-shirted in 2019 imo. We may need to carry a 3rd QB this year.
    All I want for Christmas is a Bronco QB controversy

Quote Originally Posted by dizzolve View Post
    I guess if all falls apart -- maybe Trevor Lawrence is in play in a couple years
    If all falls apart we can still take Tua or Fromm next year.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Lock won't be resolved in one year should he not live up.
    Red 98

The early bird may get the worm, but the 2nd mouse gets the cheese

Quote Originally Posted by dizzolve View Post
    Lock won't be resolved in one year should he not live up.
    I didnít say he would. But itís an option after what Arizona did at QB.

I would stay away from Tua like he has ebola. Have you seen his numbers when he plays a team with a pulse? His numbers were inflated from feasting on FCS teams and overrated SEC West teams.

Seriously, his combine QB Rating vs. Georgia, LSU, Miss St, & Clemson was 126.38 with a 61.43 QBR.
    Here are his averages over those games.
    CMP ATT YDS CMP% TD INT SACK
    17.75 30.50 229.50 57.73 1.50 1.50 2.00

Then vs. Bad Teams like The Citadel, ULL, Tenn, Arkansas, Mizzu, Arkansas St, Louisville he had a combined average QB Rating of 263.19 and a QBR of 96.33.

Here are his average over those games.
    13.14 18.43 343.00 74.59 3.14 0.00 0.43

Bammy fans will tell you he was "injured" a lot, but I have a hard time believing Nick Satan would ever be willing to put pride over winning. But when you look at his numbers, he did not do well at all vs. top talent. In fact, he performed very poorly. Hurts beat Georgia to get them into the Playoffs. His one good game vs. top talent was LSU.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye Bronco View Post
    I would stay away from Tua like he has ebola. Have you seen his numbers when he plays a team with a pulse? His numbers were inflated from feasting on FCS teams and overrated SEC West teams.

Seriously, his combine QB Rating vs. Georgia, LSU, Miss St, & Clemson was 126.38 with a 61.43 QBR.
    Here are his averages over those games.
    17.75 30.50 229.50 57.73 1.50 1.50 2.00

Then vs. Bad Teams like The Citadel, ULL, Tenn, Arkansas, Mizzu, Arkansas St, Louisville he had a combined average QB Rating of 263.19 and a QBR of 96.33.

Here are his average over those games.
    13.14 18.43 343.00 74.59 3.14 0.00 0.43

Bammy fans will tell you he was "injured" a lot, but I have a hard time believing Nick Satan would ever be willing to put pride over winning. But when you look at his numbers, he did not do well at all vs. top talent. In fact, he performed very poorly. Hurts beat Georgia to get them into the Playoffs. His one good game vs. top talent was LSU.
    Yeah cuz no QB in college football history ever got better after their first season as a starter

Yeah cuz no QB in college football history ever got better after their first season as a starter
    So now you're going on assumption. Not a great way to evaluate talent, cuz,

Says the guy assuming he canít get better.

I have to question your evals too since so far all I have seen from you is stats. Stats don't tell the whole story and are not a good thing to base your whole eval on.

it's pretty hard to evaluate or make judgment on a guy that has played two or three quarters of preseason football

Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    I have to question your evals too since so far all I have seen from you is stats. Stats don't tell the whole story and are not a good thing to base your whole eval on.
    So how are you evaluating Tua? Off of one very good 1/2 from the national championship two years ago? He has 5-star talent all around him and he didn't perform well at all vs. top tier defenses in 2018. That's how you evaluate, not vs. The Citadel or Arkansas State.

If it's film only evaluation, go watch the Georgia game, the Clemson game, etc. He more than struggled. The stats jive with the film. He shouldn't have been 2nd in the Heisman voting. Bama schedules cupcakes, FCS teams, byes before hard games, etc. No one has seen Tua play a full season, which is another worry.

If you're going to poke holes, be specific and use stats, that's what they're for.

If you only watch E$ECPN you'll never get an honest take on Tua.

Here's one exception where ESPN & McShay were honest:
    https://tdalabamamag.com/2019/05/02/...d-next-season/
    Last edited by Buckeye Bronco; 08-05-2019 at 04:01 PM.

So how are you evaluating Tua? Off of one very good 1/2 from the national championship two years ago? He has 5-star talent all around him and he didn't perform well at all vs. top tier defenses in 2018. That's how you evaluate, not vs. The Citadel or Arkansas State.

If it's film only evaluation, go watch the Georgia game, the Clemson game, etc. He more than struggled. The stats jive with the film. He shouldn't have been 2nd in the Heisman voting. Bama schedules cupcakes, FCS teams, byes before hard games, etc. No one has seen Tua play a full season, which is another worry.

If you're going to poke holes, be specific and use stats, that's what they're for.

If you only watch E$ECPN you'll never get an honest take on Tua.

Here's one exception where ESPN & McShay were honest:
    https://tdalabamamag.com/2019/05/02/...d-next-season/

I'm not. I don't think QB is a target high in the draft next season so I won't be spending any time evaluating them for next years draft.

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Jack View Post
    it's pretty hard to evaluate or make judgment on a guy that has played two or three quarters of preseason football
    Seriously! He only threw 11 passes and some are ready to write him off. FWIW he completed 7 of those 11
    Last edited by Broncos-R-Great; 08-05-2019 at 06:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
    Seriously! He only threw 11 passes and some are ready to write him off. FWIW he completes 7 of those 11
    Agreed, and I'll reiterate the point I made earlier in the thread: 1 of those 4 was a drop that could have been a walk in TD, and the other 3 were 30+ yard bombs that were just barely incomplete due to being overthrown and well as fant giving up on his route. It was a promising showing.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    Agreed, and I'll reiterate the point I made earlier in the thread: 1 of those 4 was a drop that could have been a walk in TD, and the other 3 were 30+ yard bombs that were just barely incomplete due to being overthrown and well as fant giving up on his route. It was a promising showing.
    Wonder what you would say if Flacco had the same kind of game last week...